Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Just wondering...

I loved it Kathy! I was going to post something concerning you Bird''s eye view this morning as I thought it was excellent- But thought people might think I was getting a bit obssessed with them so decided against it!!

Well done though Kathy. Very funny

sorry peter, will really try to do something for you - trouble is i have just met a lovely man and that is taking up all my time :-)

and no, he is not a norwich fan either, i have got this one really bad folks!!!

but i will try to do something peter, honest!!

kathy

i loved your article, i am afraid to say if i was as near to hucks as that i would have had him for lunch, not the baked potato!

glad you enjoyed your day out up there - and look forward to reading more of your ''insider'' stories!

talk about getting your priorities right gazza! still best time to meet a new guy when the seasons over.Still trying to talk my g/f into getting sky sports for next season but no luck yet.

Essexyella. Shame on you!

You shouldn''t need to talk your g/f into getting skysports. Do what I did and simply anounce to the missus you''ve made the order and there''s nothing she can do to reverse it. Tsk, I dunno, men today?

GG. Never let a man come between you and your football if you''ll excuse the expression.

The trouble is jonzey she is expecting a little bundle of joy on xmas day ( at least i can go on boxing day) and the hormones tend to play up a little. Still we men should know that women,football and hormones dont mix!

Congratulations on impending fatherhood EY. You dont say whether this is the first but if it is they tend to arrive roundabout a week late. That makes it umm err Jan 1st ish. Ohh! Isnt that Portsmouth away?

essex yella

you should be banned from the forum for that remark!!!

i trust you are a nice young man (ie under 40) as i have to tell you, men over 40 have hormones completely out of control and are far worse than us ladies

and hormones, football and women do mix, you just have to pick the right woman!

Crikey Essex, good luck. I suppose your money would be better spent on the baby.

I''ve always said I''m not having kids until I can afford either a nanny to cover my half of the responsibility, or a totally soundproofed room to watch the footy in. Some of my mates kids cry loud enough to pierce eardrums. Arrrgh!

(I''m only joking ladies, I''m a nice responsible guy really!)

Peter, I have got something for you, but I lack the time I need to type it up at the mo. Be patient for a day or so, and I might be able to do it for you. (I am having the second part of my root canal treatment done tomorrow so although I will have some time afterwards, I''m not quite sure what sort of state I will be in!) Also, I am not about next week until Friday so if I fail in the next couple of days it will be another full week before I get around to it. Sorry!

Cheers Susie, take as much time as you like. Hope the treatment goes ok.

With over 2,000 page impressions for the month of June it''s our most-visited column!

Page impressions (or page views) are the number of times a web page has been looked at. A user downloads a particular web page and the action is counted. So Bird''s Eye View has been looked at over 2,000 times (not necessarily by 2,000 different people - it could just be Susie looking at it 2,000 times!).

What a suggestion, Peter! I am a busy bod and just have a few windows a week to pop into the website (like now). Anyway, I''m sure Kathy will agree, it''s like being an actor or actress who can''t bear watching him/herself on screen. For us I would imagine it''s the fear of finding something awful that we have written that we would like to change, but can''t! Anyway, must go and have another look at Kathy''s article of last week before I disappear for the torture treatment! (Hit No. 2001 coming up) Bye all!

I know what you mean Susie. Seeing what I wrote on the computer screen made me feel even more like sad old git than looking at it scrawled on a bit of paper. Are you likely to use these articles in the Pinkun Peter? At the moment its noy too bad because not many of my friends (and cricket team!) look at the message board, but a lot of people I know buy the Pinkun so I am in for some serious stick if you do.
I think the main aim of any future stuff I write will be to raise my street cred. Good luck with the dental treatment Susie. Glad its not me.

The decision as to whether or not the articles are used in the paper is solely down to the editor Richard, who I believe Susie has been emailing along with me ever since the idea of this column first came about. Not sure how likely it is though due to the paper''s time and space restrictions (something we webbies don''t have to worry about). Maybe Susie knows more than me...

Thanks Peter and Kathy for the good wishes. I have safely returned home after the afore-mentioned torture and still have body and soul together, thankfully. I''m just glad that I have a great, understanding dentist and he hasn''t left me feeling too bad at all. He''s a Norwich fan, so what else would I expect? It''s just annoying that he always gets round to talking about the one topic I really want to get my teeth into when there is a succession of instruments in the way preventing me from doing so! Anyway, you might just get that article later, Peter, after I''ve done a few necessary chores, if you know what I mean!