Sign in to follow this  
25overpar

CARETAKER MANAGER....LOAN SIGNING?.............WHY?

So, we have (allegedly) a caretaker keeping the seat warm pending the appointment of a new manager, who of course will be a big name with a proven track record and recent success on his CV!

Then why oh why has the board sanctioned the spending of cash by Duffy on a non-matchfit player for an initial one month loan?

Not only this, but it''s probably going to take most of that month for him to reach the necessary fitness level.

Any thoughts out there on what might explain this?  

I suspect this is a deal initiated by Peter Grant that either Duffy wanted to continue or was too far along to stop. I''m personally not against it; it''s only for a month after all. If it works out, then great, if not then never mind. Yes, it''s a drain on the new managers resources, but one that could''ve been alot more costly.

U remember when worthy took over, as caretaker he listed players, and started doing stuff, it is cos they have a chance at the job - however this loan will not have cost much if at all, WBA hate hartson, and if someone gets him fit, and exposure, a chance to ditch him in Jan, i bet its more like a trial.  He hasnt played in 8months for them, so dont worry about a fee with it!!

Sounds like they all ''ave a few roos loose in the top paddock!! We have enough strike power, we just don''t have any one why can put in a decent ball. Stick Davo on the pitch!!

John Hartson has always relyed on his brute force mixed with quality football skills and brains rather than top athleticism

He was probably being lined up long before Grant went.

How we''ve been lately we need someone up front who can hold the ball up and stopping it coming striaght back at our back line. I think Hartson is a good signing cause he can do exactly that much in the same as Iwan used to - have we ever really replaced Iwan? 

Much as I think Duffy has to go ASAP cause he was part of Grants failed backroom team the signing of Hartson makes good sense, we need an outsider coming in who isn''t bogged down by all the low confidence, negativity and subconsious rejection of Grants style of management and play. Hrtson though a bit of an animal always has had plenty of spirit.

If it isn''t a success we can let him go back to West Brom.