Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Contracts up next summer

With a new manager hopefully on the way, its gonna be interesting to see which players contracts are up this summer, I make it:GK - Gallacher - who i hear is on loan for the season now?DF - Murray, Dublin, Doherty, Halliday, Cave-Brown?MF - Fozzy, Hucks,STR - Ryan JarvisWith 4 out of 5 of the centre backs any manager will have loads of chances to scrap old and get new.  My fear is the strikers who cannot score: Jamie, Martin, Dave, Brown, are all on 3 year deals, and other than the out of sorts Chris Martin, which one could we sell to raise cash?  Jamie is on a 3year deal at 32!!I dont know if missed any, but therefore, any manager will need money or needs to be able to make do with what they have.

[quote user="gissing canary"]With a new manager hopefully on the way, its gonna be interesting to see which players contracts are up this summer, I make it:

GK - Gallacher - who i hear is on loan for the season now?
DF - Murray, Dublin, Doherty, Halliday, Cave-Brown?
MF - Fozzy, Hucks,
STR - Ryan Jarvis

With 4 out of 5 of the centre backs any manager will have loads of chances to scrap old and get new.  My fear is the strikers who cannot score: Jamie, Martin, Dave, Brown, are all on 3 year deals, and other than the out of sorts Chris Martin, which one could we sell to raise cash?  Jamie is on a 3year deal at 32!!

I dont know if missed any, but therefore, any manager will need money or needs to be able to make do with what they have.

[/quote]

Well obviously Gally is on his way. Good luck to the guy, not good enough but a model pro in his time here.

I think it''ll be the end for Halliday, Cavey and Jarvis.

Dublin looks set to retire.

Hopefully when Fozzie comes back he''ll prove himself worthy of a new contract. Although to be honest even if he doesn''t excel he''s probably worth having as a squad player.

And if Shackell can be signed on til 2010 then surely Doherty is deserving of a longer contract too? Or is there going to be some double standards? (although I do assume Shacks pockets less than the Doc)

As for Hucks..we''ll have to see how he gets on with the next manager, see if he can he can restore some of the confidence and spirit that Peter Grant destroyed.