Sign in to follow this  
Baggie

John Hartson...........

We wont sign anyone who isnt better than the players we already have. Thats what we hear time and time again. How can a lumbering, fat, overweight hasbeen be better than what we already have? My West Brom friends are laughng themselves silly over this signing. Our assistant manager says he is delighted to sign someone with this experience.

I would suggest that says all the board needs to know about his credentials for the managers job. Send him in the same direction as Grant.

What have the jocko''s done to my beloved Norwich City? 

Yes he is getting on a bit but many people said that about Dublin, and we all know how well he has done. So lets give him a chance, its only a month and if he does well it can be extended until the end of the year. Looks like dublin will have to get used to playing centreback which could mean THE END FOR DOTHERTY!!!!!!!Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He looked like a Michelin Man at Celtic....with those lateral hoops on the Celtic shirt. Any fashion columnist knows that vertical stripes make you look thinner....ish. Hence his signing for the Worst Broom.....and 8 short professional months of total first team inactivity later, he will attempt to adorn the ''one size fits bugger all'' yellow an'' green - formation under-achieving team......colours.

Do they do a maternity version? 

Do you think BIG JOHNNY and his signing - is actually an astute diversion away from all the speculative stuff - and allow the board the breathing space, to concentrate on what they do best..........(whatever that is?)

he could be a good short term fix until the managers position is sorted. we needed some1 to aim at with our long ball strategy which seems to keep coming back even though it dont work[:''(] keep dublin in defence with shack and then we may actually score a goal [O]

i think he will be a good signing, not long ago people wer moaning about why we didnt sign him before west brom!

He''s better than Brown by a mile and if he''s given chances he will score for us! It''s an improvement on Borwn!!!

Dion Dublin anyone???

He was a awful signing wasn''t he!!!

Hartson has only got to score one goal and he''s better than what we already have.

[quote user="Cobain18"]He''s better than Brown by a mile and if he''s given chances he will score for us! It''s an improvement on Borwn!!![/quote]let''s wait and see should we?

When Dion Dublin was signed everyone laughed and thought that Worthy had lost the plot. How wrong they were as Dion has been without question our best player in the last yr.Jamie Cureton is out for 6 weeks, we need cover, Hartson''s here for 1 month. You never know, if he bags a goal or two it''d be worth it, and he may even do a Dion, he''s only 32 after all, should really be at his peak. JC''s 31.

Well Cureton is out for a month and Brown and Dave the Striker havent exactly scored many goals so he can''t do much worse can he?

I think that he will turn out a decent short term buy to be honest, as someone said earlier, we all thought thar Dion was a bad signing, but now look at him, our best and most popular player, I say give him a chance and see how he gets on for the first 3 games or so, but I do think he will score goals.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

He looked like a Michelin Man at Celtic....with those lateral hoops on the Celtic shirt. Any fashion columnist knows that vertical stripes make you look thinner....ish. Hence his signing for the Worst Broom.....and 8 short professional months of total first team inactivity later, he will attempt to adorn the ''one size fits bugger all'' yellow an'' green - formation under-achieving team......colours.

Do they do a maternity version? 

Do you think BIG JOHNNY and his signing - is actually an astute diversion away from all the speculative stuff - and allow the board the breathing space, to concentrate on what they do best..........(whatever that is?)

[/quote]

not a fashion columnist, but a fat bloke. horizontal stripes make you look thiner not vertical. should be interesting to see how our tight fiting shirt fits him tho. lol

He might bring maturity, experience and a calming nature on the squad, most people knocked Double D when he first signed and he has been great.  Give the bloke a break, and give him time.

I hate to say this but City getting in John Hartson albeit only for a month is like admitting the current playing squad is next to useless. He''s overweight in the extreme, you only have to hear some West Brom fans opinions about him to realise that we have another catastrophe on our hands! John Hartson will struggle to complete the 90 minutes no doubt, and he''ll be our headless chicken up front, albeit nice and plump ready for slaughter.

Its one bad decision after another with us. If we go down this year it will hardly come as a surprise.

Really, who would want to manage us NOT Paul Jewell thats for sure. Its almost like the board want us to get relegated. Ambition mixed with Prudence what Ambition if any is being shown and we can be Prudencial in League One next season! Whoever takes over as top honcho faces an uphill struggle with relegation looming large on the horizon.

I really hope I''m proved wrong on this, really I do!

Why all Soooo negativeHe''ll have fire in his belly and could show a few current players a thing or two about passion and commitment!You just never know.......and he can''t be no worse than the dross on show Vs Sheff Wed/QPR?????

Jim (Carlsberg) Duffy doesn''t do PUB TEAMS.................................But if he did!

Watch out for more.  Coming to a club near you. 

I was over the moon when we signed Dion, infact I think I got some abuse and was probably called a turnip, sheep, tinted-glasses, apologist, worthy supporter.

I think John Hartson could prove to be a good signing. It is only for 1 month initially, so hwat do we have to lose. He is, whatever you say, a proven goalscorer, physical and will put himslef about. More over he has a point to prove, to show he is not past. Could work out very well for both parties. Our current strikers are not exactly firing on all cylinders, so why not. All you people moaning out there, get off Hartson''s case and back him.