Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

No more number twos...!

... so to speak!  History speaks for itself. Look at a few famous number twos who have tried their hands at the top job, sometimes as an interim arrangement, sometimes as managers, and quickly disappeared or gone back to what they know best - being a number 2!:Brian Kidd, Tony Parkes, Pat Rice, Carlos Querioz, Les Reed, Sammy Lee... Peter GrantNow we''re hearing names like Ian Crook, Nigel Pearson.... No thankyou, we need someone who knows how to MANAGE. Grant got that bit badly wrong.

Completely agree. Duffy maybe a perfectly good appointment (has managed at Hearts) BUT he has little managing experience and I would ask the question of why he has gone from management to being an assistant? We need someone who is proven in England!

[quote user="Cobain18"]Completely agree. Duffy maybe a perfectly good appointment (has managed at Hearts) BUT he has little managing experience and I would ask the question of why he has gone from management to being an assistant? We need someone who is proven in England![/quote]

Ian Crook and Paul Ince dont have the experience. Ince has been in a job less than a year and Crook has never managed, let alone being a coach in this country.

Jose Mourinho, Henk Ten Cate, Steve Mclaren, Ronald Koeman, Co Adrianesse, Luciano Spalletti,  all were assistants and have turned out to manage very successfully at the highest level, i think to use sweeping statements about number twos can end up coming back and biting you.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

[quote user="Cobain18"]Completely agree. Duffy maybe a perfectly good appointment (has managed at Hearts) BUT he has little managing experience and I would ask the question of why he has gone from management to being an assistant? We need someone who is proven in England![/quote]

Ian Crook and Paul Ince dont have the experience. Ince has been in a job less than a year and Crook has never managed, let alone being a coach in this country.

[/quote]

Did I mention Crook????? I think Crook would be a disastrous idea!!!!!

I think Ince would be a gamble but could work out as he has experience in England 

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Desert Fox"]

[/quote]

I think Ince would be a gamble but could work out as he has experience in England 

[/quote]

Whoops. Apologies Cobain18 I misread your signature. Still dont think Ince is ready for a challange as big as ours though. He needs more time to learn his trade. I honsestly think that we need an experienced old hand just til the end of the season to keep us up and then look for a longer term replacement when the club is more stable, which will hopefully be by the spring.

We''ve just signed a big fat number two.......whatever number he''s given to wear.......

[quote user="Desert Fox"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="Desert Fox"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whoops. Apologies Cobain18 I misread your signature. Still dont think Ince is ready for a challange as big as ours though. He needs more time to learn his trade. I honsestly think that we need an experienced old hand just til the end of the season to keep us up and then look for a longer term replacement when the club is more stable, which will hopefully be by the spring.

[/quote]

Completely agree with you ideally experience is a must

Ince would be a massive gamble that i think would pay off BUT wouldn''t be my first choice by any means