Sign in to follow this  
NegativeVibes

QPR have a lot more ambition than us...

Yes the team BOTTOM of the Championship, managing to attract foreign investment to prevent going into admin.

"Francesco Guidolin - the Italian set to be appointed QPR''s new boss - will be given £20m to spend and he wants to sign Alessandro del Piero. (Daily Mirror, Daily Express)"

But no, all foreign investment is not to be trusted!

Flavio Briotore and Bernie Ecclestone are seriously wealthy men.  They could lose 20 million without blinking.  Ecclestone is worth over a billion I believe.

[quote user="Fluck"]

Yes the team BOTTOM of the Championship, managing to attract foreign investment to prevent going into admin.

"Francesco Guidolin - the Italian set to be appointed QPR''s new boss - will be given £20m to spend and he wants to sign Alessandro del Piero. (Daily Mirror, Daily Express)"

But no, all foreign investment is not to be trusted!

[/quote]

I''d take foreign investment but IMO I''d prefer it if the owners of the club were actual fans (where possible). At least asset stripping is less likely to occur with genuine fans at the helm and they''d probably feel easier about pumping money into something they actually love than into something they''ve bought as a plaything. A foreign investor may feel reluctant to throw as much money into something they didn''t have all their heart in.

If a foreign investor did come along though I''d still welcome them provided they had good intentions.

QPR are attracting more investment interest than us simply because they are in London, I''m sorry if that sounds simplistic but that is a major, major attraction for any investor.

People are making investment sound so simple on here!

1. Decide we need investment.

2. Announce it to the world.

3. Wait for the offers to come in.

Liverpool had made it public they were looking for investment THREE YEARS before their new owners came onboard. Yes, Liverpool, a Premiership giant with a global reputation and fanbase. Three years, a couple of false alarms, but, until it came, oft-repeated claims and invitations for new investors to come on board.

Bates was looking for it with Chelsea for a longer period than that, and it was only when they were about to go to the wall that Abramovic turned up, with the cost finally the right one.

Yet here at Norwich it seems as if the current regime are fighting off a queue of people desperate to put money in! The only way it is going to come is through a supporter of the club, and if they don''t come along, we don''t get the investment. I don''t think its as much about turning foreign investment down as it simply not being out there at all.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

QPR are attracting more investment interest than us simply because they are in London, I''m sorry if that sounds simplistic but that is a major, major attraction for any investor.

[/quote]

That has to be the big factor in why we don''t attract an owner. We''re all just clueless farmers in love with our cattle to everyone else. London is an obvious choice for investment, as is any urban city with massive populations. Sadly we''re a small minor city built on reclaimed land, populated by inbreds, cows and more inbreds who all shout "ooo-aaarrr, get off my land" all day apparently.

What I''d do for this club if I was filthy rich.....

Having moved around a lot I still think Norwich is a great place to live but I am biased. However, I agree with you old shuck I''m afraid investors and young players are attracted to London. Still we only need one sugar daddy/mother so hopefully we will get lucky.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

[/quote]

That has to be the big factor in why we don''t attract an owner. We''re all just clueless farmers in love with our cattle to everyone else. London is an obvious choice for investment, as is any urban city with massive populations. Sadly we''re a small minor city built on reclaimed land, populated by inbreds, cows and more inbreds who all shout "ooo-aaarrr, get off my land" all day apparently.

What I''d do for this club if I was filthy rich.....

[/quote]

I''m not quite sure what you are trying to say in your post, but I think theres an attempt at irony! Its a fact of life. Its inescapable. London IS an attractive proposition to investors and businesses. Its why Manchester didn''t have a cat in hells chance of getting an Olympics and why the new national stadium was never going to be in Birmingham, Coventry, or anywhere else. Its why any future bid for a World Cup in this country will focus on opening games, semis and final being played at Wembley, its why Australia play many of their international fixtures in London, look at the new investment going on there-more expansion of Heathrow, continual widening and "improvements" on the M25, all the national fuss and bother about who is Mayor-Livingstone or Johnson-when, in reality, who gives a shit, its a world media centre, a world banking and investment centre, its where all the fucking money is at the expense at the rest of us and its why a middling club like QPR will always attract investment more than a middling club like Norwich!

Don''t get me wrong. I hate London and the less time I have to spend there, the better. So don''t go off on one, just accept its why it has hasppened!

QPR "more ambitious" than Norwich because they approached John Collins? He turned them down flat, what does that say about John Collins? Perhaps we should approach Mourinho, yes, he''ll turn us down, but hey, it''ll show ambition!

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

I''m not quite sure what you are trying to say in your post, but I think theres an attempt at irony!

Its was, just executed badly.[;)]

[/quote]

Not at all, made me think thats exactly how the rest of the country feel about us!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Bernie Eccleston was born in Bungay.

Pretty local that, I would have thought.

There now, does that pass the irony test?

OTBC

[/quote]

Presumably, as he was born in Beccles, he should therefore be investing in Ipswich?

Oh come on!! You don''t actually believe they will get Alessandro Del Peiro do you!! He has been linked to come to England for ages and never has, even when his beloved Juventus were relegated and plus he''s on 110k a week tax free why would he want to come to QPR ha ha!!

[quote user="Old Shuck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Bernie Eccleston was born in Bungay.

Pretty local that, I would have thought.

There now, does that pass the irony test?

OTBC

[/quote]

Presumably, as he was born in Beccles, he should therefore be investing in Ipswich?

[/quote]

Try telling that to 1st Wiz!

OTBC