Sign in to follow this  
Scromitus

Hoddle

[quote user="Wings"]

I''m suprised about the reaction to Hoddle; I think the man''s not good enough and has now been out of the game too long.

As for we8wba, with respect a Wolves fan shouldn''t be commenting about a board making "disgraceful" appointments and signings; Wolves have had enough poor managers and signings over the years and I suggest you keep your mouth shut. 

[/quote]

lets keep this norwich based, i got 1st hand opinion on twoddle n his dire football ask any wolves fan and theyll tell you the same, you''ll find it hard to hear a true wolves fan (whos not armchair supporter) to say twoddle was good

as wolves board - i think you''ll find the only board which poor hasnt been in helm for last 20yrs, sir jack put in 60m into the team, n morgan has so far provided funds

the boards has never signed a player for us unlike yours whos obv bought in hartson

you can get all angry n defensive but lets face it mate our board n manager better than yours in the last few years (not saying that wont change though)

[quote user="we8wba"]

right - 1st of all old man mick not excatly doing a bad job i.e last year for us when we were in same sort of situation as you in the mire.

on hoddle - i have watched his football at wolves, its not like im judging him not seeing him, someone said i feel threatend if you have him! seriosuly have him if you want, you wont do no better

someone commented if he had the talent? we just been relegated season previous with team who challenged to stay up except from henri camara and alex rae, but we signed seyi olafinjana for 2m so that replaced rae

he tries to get to clever for the championship playing dimonds etc.. when we all know like derby football you got strong spine you more likely to pick up results

he spent 1.5m on 31yr old tomasz frankowski claiming him to be "the final part of the jigzaw" the guy scored 0 goals in 17games

we then went 4-3-3(4-5-1) bit like villa with moore n abanglor on wings n carew uptop, but he played cort wide n frankowski (5ft midget) up top launching long balls

when pressure got to him n wolves board gave him NO MONEY up left, showing what he truly made of

IF YOU REALLY WANT HIM, HAVE HIM, - BUT YOU''LL BE THE ONES MOANING IN 6-18MONTHS TIME

if i was norwich i would of had warnock you watch palace do well now! also qpr showing more ambition than you going for john collins of hibs

your board are taking you for mugs

[/quote]

OK smug boy, let me put this to you....

Without the benefit of hindsight, managerless Wolves have to choose between both McCarthy and Hoddle, who would you choose.

Just because things didn''t work out at Wolves doesnt mean he cant do a job for someone else.  And you cant deny that A. he has the experience we crave, B. knows how the game should be played i.e attractive passing football, C. Is unemployed and available on a free, and D. has been out of the game for a while and may be chomping at the bit to get going again.

Finally, yes McCarthy is doing OK at the moment but as I recall Wolves were in free fall when Hoddle took over.  Is it safe to assume that he stabilised the ship, made you hard to beat etc. All McCarthy has done is build on the good work started by Hoddle.

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="we8wba"]

right - 1st of all old man mick not excatly doing a bad job i.e last year for us when we were in same sort of situation as you in the mire.

on hoddle - i have watched his football at wolves, its not like im judging him not seeing him, someone said i feel threatend if you have him! seriosuly have him if you want, you wont do no better

someone commented if he had the talent? we just been relegated season previous with team who challenged to stay up except from henri camara and alex rae, but we signed seyi olafinjana for 2m so that replaced rae

he tries to get to clever for the championship playing dimonds etc.. when we all know like derby football you got strong spine you more likely to pick up results

he spent 1.5m on 31yr old tomasz frankowski claiming him to be "the final part of the jigzaw" the guy scored 0 goals in 17games

we then went 4-3-3(4-5-1) bit like villa with moore n abanglor on wings n carew uptop, but he played cort wide n frankowski (5ft midget) up top launching long balls

when pressure got to him n wolves board gave him NO MONEY up left, showing what he truly made of

IF YOU REALLY WANT HIM, HAVE HIM, - BUT YOU''LL BE THE ONES MOANING IN 6-18MONTHS TIME

if i was norwich i would of had warnock you watch palace do well now! also qpr showing more ambition than you going for john collins of hibs

your board are taking you for mugs

[/quote]

OK smug boy, let me put this to you....

Without the benefit of hindsight, managerless Wolves have to choose between both McCarthy and Hoddle, who would you choose.

Just because things didn''t work out at Wolves doesnt mean he cant do a job for someone else.  And you cant deny that A. he has the experience we crave, B. knows how the game should be played i.e attractive passing football, C. Is unemployed and available on a free, and D. has been out of the game for a while and may be chomping at the bit to get going again.

Finally, yes McCarthy is doing OK at the moment but as I recall Wolves were in free fall when Hoddle took over.  Is it safe to assume that he stabilised the ship, made you hard to beat etc. All McCarthy has done is build on the good work started by Hoddle.

[/quote]

being 110% honest, i wasnt happy with when we had hoddle

i would happily taken mccarthy after sunderland but not before he managered them

at the time i wanted holloway or newell before hoddle took over

im not kidding, ask any wolves fans he doesnt scout lower leagues what you need to do nowadays, he buys prem cast offs who aged 30+ he appoints his brother as a scout who''s size on hartson scale

he then has his brother standing pre match warm up n picking up the odd ball, so where is he scouting?

i quite happy for you to take hoddle i dont know why you lot think im not n worried

im just warning you

i want him sign up now, most norwich fans understand he crap in this league

but some obv dont

[quote user="Scromitus"]I hear things are progressing as expected. Glenn is very interested in taking Norwich to the next level.[/quote]

How''s it progressing at the moment?

Trust me

He really isn''t.

My mate, a major shareholder, says that the board don''t feel that he has the passion. He has ''too many credentials''. He has nothing to prove.

He is not my first choice but I would take him as the next boss. His record at club level is good overall and he likes to play football the right way. At international level he done reasonably well but his comments that got him the sack would worry me. The faith healer he used with the England players caused a lot of bad press but the players said they where never forced to see her. And if a faith healer works for one player then it''s worth trying. No premiership team would take him as a manager so the best he could hope for is a Championship club, so maybe he might end up at Carrow Road.  

''My mate, a major shareholder, says that the board don''t feel that he has the passion. He has ''too many credentials''. He has nothing to prove.''

Norwich need somebody with credentials..... that means experience and a good track record!!     No more keen and untried managers because we have made too many wrong decisions and we cannot afford another relegation.  Hoddle is keen because he still wants to prove himself a major success, and he has NOT been out of the game long at all.  

This time the board must go for EXPERIENCE.... not the cheap option !! 

[quote user="stozza"]

He is not my first choice but I would take him as the next boss. His record at club level is good overall and he likes to play football the right way. At international level he done reasonably well but his comments that got him the sack would worry me. The faith healer he used with the England players caused a lot of bad press but the players said they where never forced to see her. And if a faith healer works for one player then it''s worth trying. No premiership team would take him as a manager so the best he could hope for is a Championship club, so maybe he might end up at Carrow Road.  

[/quote]Keep the faith (healer).

Why all the negatives about Glen Hoodle - he has a track record - more so than the previos manager

who should try managing greyhounds

Yes I think that Glen might have a chance of revitalising City - I was not in agreement

with the decision to eject Worthington - but the starry eyed visionaries thought Grant could regain

Premiership status....

Not a chance, his last chance, with me, came when he ''released'' Safri, the only midfield player we had

It''s obvious that Jarvis and Russell cannot create from midfield and Croft and Huckerby are

not caplable of making up the numbers in this key area

Yes - go for Glen - he would sort the midfield out as a number one priority

His first decision would be to find a Safri replacement - Grant didn''t have a clue on this issue

The strikers , and Huckerby would get alot more quality balls -and perhaps chances

I have read a lot of posts and many do not want an ex England manager with

experience of premier league management  - perhaps they prefer an assistant with no experiece-

who immediately dispensers with his full time coach - inevitable failure

[quote user="David Knights"]

Why all the negatives about Glen Hoodle - he has a track record - more so than the previos manager

who should try managing greyhounds

Yes I think that Glen might have a chance of revitalising City - I was not in agreement

with the decision to eject Worthington - but the starry eyed visionaries thought Grant could regain

Premiership status....

Not a chance, his last chance, with me, came when he ''released'' Safri, the only midfield player we had

It''s obvious that Jarvis and Russell cannot create from midfield and Croft and Huckerby are

not caplable of making up the numbers in this key area

Yes - go for Glen - he would sort the midfield out as a number one priority

His first decision would be to find a Safri replacement - Grant didn''t have a clue on this issue

The strikers , and Huckerby would get alot more quality balls -and perhaps chances

I have read a lot of posts and many do not want an ex England manager with

experience of premier league management  - perhaps they prefer an assistant with no experiece-

who immediately dispensers with his full time coach - inevitable failure

[/quote]

the fact u didnt want Worthington out says it all.... he''d of taken us down last season if he''d been left in charge.. and if u think otherwise then ur very very wrong!

Glenn Hoddle is a useless manager... got promoted with Swindon but made a fist of his time at Chelski and Wolves and lets not forget the 1st round Exits and the gazza fiasco leading up the the 2000 European championships and world cups...

he might of been a dcent player but he is a shocking manager... i''d sooner of kept Grant than have Hoddle!

jas :)

[quote user="we8wba"]

lets keep this norwich based, i got 1st hand opinion on twoddle n his dire football ask any wolves fan and theyll tell you the same, you''ll find it hard to hear a true wolves fan (whos not armchair supporter) to say twoddle was good

as wolves board - i think you''ll find the only board which poor hasnt been in helm for last 20yrs, sir jack put in 60m into the team, n morgan has so far provided funds

the boards has never signed a player for us unlike yours whos obv bought in hartson

you can get all angry n defensive but lets face it mate our board n manager better than yours in the last few years (not saying that wont change though)

[/quote]You''re making vast and stupid assumptions.I didn''t question your experiences or opinions with Hoddle, nor did I question his achievements at Wolves. Hoddle was, without a doubt, not the right man for Wolves and that''s why they got rid. Nor did I question about how much your board put in.Our board has not "bought in" Hartson; that was obviously something Grant had started that Duffy sanctioned in his role as caretaker. And frankly I agree with the move. IMO, Hartson is a far better player than Boothroyd.Further, our board and manager in the last few years have taken us to the Premiership. And then gotten us into this mess. It''s a game of change as you rightly say and I think on the balance of things, it''d be hard to argue the superiority of either side in such terms. We''ve both been disappointing, to say the least.My point, however, stands. You cannot comment on being linked with poor managers. Even when Mick was appointed you were being linked with poor managers and prior to that, have hired poor managers. You are being a smug, hypocritical numpty. You''re welcome to post here, but don''t go lording over us as you are now. Frankly, you''re being a bit of a prat; and I''m sure my fellow Canaries here would agree. So stop acting like a nonce or leave this board.

[quote user="David Knights"]

[/quote]I think, David, the worry concerning Hoddle is that his heart wouldn''t be in it and his man management skills are atrocious! We need someone capable of building a destroyed team spirit and individual''s confidence. I personally think there would be worse appointments than Hoddle; but equally I think there are far, far better out there.

As if we havent got enough problems now. Glenn Hoddle !!!!. Adam Drury at left back, Eileen Drewery at right back, David Ike up front and the boys runnig out to Boy Georges "Karma Chamelion". CHRIST NO.......NOT HODDLE

as you know i am very anti hoddle

but i will agree with the one comment saying some managers do better jobs at other teams, that is agreed he may come n do brill job, but from my first hand viewing of him, i would honestly put him worst manager in last 10 years for wolves since grgham taylor