Sign in to follow this  
Scromitus

Hoddle

Is someone taking th p*ss? Hoddle? He''d have alienated half the dressing room within 6 months and tried to make out he''s better than all the players when on the training ground.
There''s a reason no-one would touch him with a barge-pole after england and spurs. With the exception of Wolves of course and look how that panned out.

For god''s/hod''s sake,  NO!!

Glenn Hoddle is now my favourite as Jewell is out of the running.  I believe we have very good players already . What we need is a manager who can organise and motivate this squad. I think he can do this and he will not need much money, and he will play passing  football the Norwich way.

He is available. GO GET HIM !!!! 

[quote user="paul moy"]

Glenn Hoddle is now my favourite as Jewell is out of the running.  I believe we have very good players already . What we need is a manager who can organise and motivate this squad. I think he can do this and he will not need much money, and he will play passing  football the Norwich way.

[/quote]

Agreed.......Hoddle has the best ever form for England success for an England manager (Or maybe second best behind Sven?). True he has hickuped a few controversials in the past but I dont care about that. We require experience over everything else and Hoddle has experience coming out of his you know what. Now Jewell and Bruce are seemingly nonrunners lets focus on Glenn......

If Hoddle is allowed to bring in his own staff he will take the job. He wants 100% control of the footballing side of the club. Had Briatore and Ecclestone been able to offer him that he would have taken the QPR job early last week.

Hoddle quotes from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Hoddle

Jasper Carrott once remarked of Hoddle:

I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass.

Hoddle lost his job as England manager immediately after being quoted as saying:

You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and a half-decent brain. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime.

When Glenn tried to be funny, it was time to pass ''round the laughing gas because he was probably the unfunniest man I have ever known. He was also completly besoted with himself. If he had been an ice cream, he would have licked himself. Tony Cascarino.

[quote user="a1canary"]Is someone taking th p*ss? Hoddle? He''d have alienated half the dressing room within 6 months and tried to make out he''s better than all the players when on the training ground.
There''s a reason no-one would touch him with a barge-pole after england and spurs. With the exception of Wolves of course and look how that panned out.

For god''s/hod''s sake,  NO!!

[/quote]

Hoddles england record was not that bad, he was sacked for non football reasons, he did well at swindon, help start the chelsea revolution, did well at saints, had too many draws at wolves, Spurs who does do well there, be fair.

[quote user="Scromitus"]I hear things are progressing as expected. Glenn is very interested in taking Norwich to the next level.[/quote]

You''re not serious, you have no inside info; it''s clear for everyone to see - wouldn''t surprise me if you''re not a Norwich fan!

[quote user="Cobain18"]So Rciky, would you be interested in Hoddle coming to Norwich then - I know I would![/quote]

I have said i would like paul Ince if we could not get Jewell but i would not be upset if Hoddle got the job.

HAHA

truly it couldnt get any worse

hartson n twoddle on the same day

i dont want to mock you

but this is truly what the norwich board are offering norwich fans? its discraceful

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Cobain18"]So Rciky, would you be interested in Hoddle coming to Norwich then - I know I would![/quote]

I have said i would like paul Ince if we could not get Jewell but i would not be upset if Hoddle got the job.

[/quote]

I agree with Ince as well tbh, he''s clearly a good manager but I think I''d have him slightly further back on my list (behind Hoddle) just because of the lack of championship experience he has.

[quote user="Cobain18"]

[quote user="Scromitus"]I hear things are progressing as expected. Glenn is very interested in taking Norwich to the next level.[/quote]

You''re not serious, you have no inside info; it''s clear for everyone to see - wouldn''t surprise me if you''re not a Norwich fan!

[/quote]

You are correct I am not a Norwich fan. I heard about Hoddles interest in the Norwich job yesterday from a friend of mine who used to work with his agent and thought I would let you know that Glenn is a front runner for the vacancy at Carrow Road. I have no particular opinion on him as a manager.

Considering you are a WBA fan it appears that this may have got you worried!!  He is definitely better than Tony Mowbray in my opinion having already achieved promotion with Swindon and managed England. He did well with Wolves but they just did not have the talent to go further. We have talented players and Hoddle with his experience(incidentally payed under Arsene Wenger at Marseille I believe), will have them playing much better football than we have seen recently.

[quote user="we8wba"]

HAHA

truly it couldnt get any worse

hartson n twoddle on the same day

i dont want to mock you

but this is truly what the norwich board are offering norwich fans? its discraceful

[/quote]Who would you want then...?

[quote user="Scromitus"]

You are correct I am not a Norwich fan. I heard about Hoddles interest in the Norwich job yesterday from a friend of mine who used to work with his agent and thought I would let you know that Glenn is a front runner for the vacancy at Carrow Road. I have no particular opinion on him as a manager.

[/quote]

I really hope its not Goddle....  I entirely dislike this idiot.

[quote]You are correct I am not a Norwich fan. I heard about Hoddles interest

in the Norwich job yesterday from a friend of mine who used to work

with his agent and thought I would let you know that Glenn is a front

runner for the vacancy at Carrow Road. I have no particular opinion on

him as a manager.[/quote]Is there such a thing as betting against a manager ?Would posting on here be a good way to shorten his odds, for a bet against ?Might not make a large amount of money, but better than building society interest I''d imagine.Hmm...Nah, I''m just being horribly cynical.  Surely.

right - 1st of all old man mick not excatly doing a bad job i.e last year for us when we were in same sort of situation as you in the mire.

on hoddle - i have watched his football at wolves, its not like im judging him not seeing him, someone said i feel threatend if you have him! seriosuly have him if you want, you wont do no better

someone commented if he had the talent? we just been relegated season previous with team who challenged to stay up except from henri camara and alex rae, but we signed seyi olafinjana for 2m so that replaced rae

he tries to get to clever for the championship playing dimonds etc.. when we all know like derby football you got strong spine you more likely to pick up results

he spent 1.5m on 31yr old tomasz frankowski claiming him to be "the final part of the jigzaw" the guy scored 0 goals in 17games

we then went 4-3-3(4-5-1) bit like villa with moore n abanglor on wings n carew uptop, but he played cort wide n frankowski (5ft midget) up top launching long balls

when pressure got to him n wolves board gave him NO MONEY up left, showing what he truly made of

IF YOU REALLY WANT HIM, HAVE HIM, - BUT YOU''LL BE THE ONES MOANING IN 6-18MONTHS TIME

if i was norwich i would of had warnock you watch palace do well now! also qpr showing more ambition than you going for john collins of hibs

your board are taking you for mugs

[quote user="paul moy"]

[/quote]Jewell is waiting for the Bolton job when they push Lee out. Hoddle is waiting for God.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

I''m suprised about the reaction to Hoddle; I think the man''s not good enough and has now been out of the game too long.

As for we8wba, with respect a Wolves fan shouldn''t be commenting about a board making "disgraceful" appointments and signings; Wolves have had enough poor managers and signings over the years and I suggest you keep your mouth shut. 

This was a few years ago but still worth a read:

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9753,1368372,00.html

Do we still think Hoddle is the right man for thejob, at this moment in time?

Good shout - here is perhaps the most pertinent part of that article:

Hoddle has now been a manager for 13 years, yet he still hasn''t learned the humility or communication skills needed to succeed at the top level. According to Sherwood - who admittedly had an axe to grind - squad meetings were "long drawn-out affairs where the players would just be sitting there scratching their heads and trying to work out what he was on about".

Considering PG''s main problem (IMO) was ''man management'' and that constant verbal diarrhoea, I''m concerned that Hoddle would be much the same and in 12 months or so we could be facing yet another player revolt - mind you Hucks will have left by then!  

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Scromitus"]

[/quote]

I really hope its not Goddle....  I entirely dislike this idiot.

[/quote]

Agreed!! He''s a n*b.

I would rather  have the inept peter grant as manager than glenn hoddle.He loves himself more than anyone i have ever seen,he belittles the players who can''t do the things he can do,he is a total tosser who would be a disaster for norwich city.I would really love to see paul ince as our new manager after all look what roy keane has done at sunderland