Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

The End For Dotherty! Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, yet another pointless post! once I used to tell people how constructive and informative the Pink''un forum was..... maybe I as wrong

[quote user="topoftheleague"]With the arrival of Hartson, this will probably mean Dublin will play centreback which should mean the end for Dotherty!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

One of our best performers this season... seriously, why can''t some of you give credit where it''s due?

[quote user="Marty"]wow, yet another pointless post! once I used to tell people how constructive and informative the Pink''un forum was..... maybe I as wrong
[/quote]I think we have found the one and only fan of Dotherty! There there marty, its such a shame that he will only make the bench now!

[quote user="topoftheleague"]With the arrival of Hartson, this will probably mean Dublin will play centreback which should mean the end for Dotherty!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Player of the season not long ago. Not a great player but one of the better ones in the squad that we have. That speaks volumes in itself but I am fed up with fans, particularly the idiot who sits in front of me slagging Doc off. Our problem is getting forward and scoring goals, the probems do not stem from Gary Doherty.

He makes mistakes like anyone else but overall he does not deserve the stick he gets from the cretin element in the crowd and he does not deserve a stupid post like this!  

Give him a break, one of better performers this season, thats not saying too much but jesus does the man try and for me I like that. The annoying thing for me with him, is that he can be really great one day and pants another day.

Despite our failings we boast one of the best defensive records in the duvision.  Doherty has been key to that record.  Leave him alone.

Ridiculous post. If it hadn''t been for Doherty lately we''d have been stuffed worse than we have been.

Jason Shackell is the real weak link.

yes considering 95% of the last 6 games have been played in our half our defence has done extremely well not have let in 200!Centre midfield is STILL our problem.

I agree Dotherty has been one of our top performers. It says it all as far as our team has come, we all know the level of football he plays, for him to be the top performer tells a story in its self.

We are a shambles, titus bramble would look like john terry in out side.... he is a championship defender, he should never venture further.....ever.. 

[quote user="topoftheleague"][quote user="Marty"]wow, yet another pointless post! once I used to tell people how constructive and informative the Pink''un forum was..... maybe I as wrong[/quote]I think we have found the one and only fan of Dotherty! There there marty, its such a shame that he will only make the bench now![/quote]well judging by the follow-up posts you appear to be way off the mark obviously.

I''m not Doherty''s biggest fan but he was probably our best player over the course of 3 matches (Charlton, Wolves & SW).

Its funny how Dion can kick an aimless ball upfield to no-one and be cheered whilst Doherty does the same and is jeered.

Not slagging off Dion - as I accept in some ways he is better - but it shows the double-standards that prevail among the neanderthals.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This would be the same Gary Doherty that Dion Dublin is quoted as saying has been our player of the season so far ? [/quote]

The fact Gary Doherty and a striker who can''t hit a barn door have been two of our best performers this year goes a long way in explaining why we are heading towards Division 1.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

Its funny how Dion can kick an aimless ball upfield to no-one and be cheered whilst Doherty does the same and is jeered.

[/quote]

Or when Shackell gives away a penalty, leading to the only goal of the game, yet escapes the "man-handling clumsy oaf" tag / posts.

[quote]

Or when Shackell gives away a penalty, leading to the only goal of the game, yet escapes the "man-handling clumsy oaf" tag / posts.

[/quote]

Or Ian Murray - Get your facts right!

Apart from that you are right.

Murray''s challenge was ridiculous, nowhere near the ball, just a wild leg kicked in the air as if he was doing the can-can! If that had been the Doc can you imagine the post''s

i agree with some of the posts above... Shacks looks like the dodgy one... Doc plays well when alongside Dion and since shacks has been out of the side we have seen some excellent performances from the Doc... is it a confidence thing knowing he has to bail shacks out of trouble????

the new manager will decide both players fates

jas :)

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

[/quote]

Or, indeed, how Dublin can miss two absolute sitters against Scunthorpe and almost totally escape criticism whereas if Brown did the same he''d be lynched.

Double standards - I love ''em.

These ''aimless balls'' were kicked into the middle of nowhere between their defence and just outside the zone the keepers are willing to come for it. And when was this done? When we were under pressure and needed a chance to get the defence up. Dohertys kicks often arent for this reason, usually when not under pressure and trying to play a 60yd crossfield pass that isnt needed. Thats the difference.

The ''clumsy manhandling oaf'' tag comes from the fact that almost every one of the penalties he gives away (which is the majority) are basically for the same bad challenge. Murray had every right to go for that ball against QPR and it could have gone both ways. Can you honestly say Doherty was doing anything right with his challenge on McLeod at Charlton?

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

The ''clumsy manhandling oaf'' tag comes from the fact that almost every one of the penalties he gives away (which is the majority) are basically for the same bad challenge. Murray had every right to go for that ball against QPR and it could have gone both ways. Can you honestly say Doherty was doing anything right with his challenge on McLeod at Charlton?

[/quote]

I don''t believe that challenge on McLeod was a pen Bucketman. But you are right, there wasn''t anything right about the challenge. The Doc should never have gone to ground, it was an error of judgement much the same as Shackell going to ground and allowing Windass to cross for the 2nd goal at Hull. These errors of judgement throughout the team are the reason we are where we are in the league.

What other penalties (The Majority?) has Doherty given away?

[quote]The ''clumsy manhandling oaf'' tag comes from the

fact that almost every one of the penalties he gives away (which is the

majority) are basically for the same bad challenge
.[/quote]Before the Charlton match, we hadn''t given a penalty away since last October.  That''s about 40 league matches.Makes you think it''s less of a problem when you see it like that, doesn''t it ?

We might be in the mire but our defensive record is good. So who do you think contributes to it. Support the team, don''t slag people off needlessly