Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

My chat with Bet365!!

Here is a copy of my live web chat with Bet365 earlier? Usually when a bookmaker does this it means that there has been either significant support for a certain candidate or they already know something we do not??

I reckon we already have our man and that a statement will be coming soon?

I would like Chris Coleman or Paul jewell but reckon we will get Ian Crook or Nigel pearson??

Andy D: Hello, welcome to bet365 Live Chat.  How may I help you?

Ian : Where has your market on Norwich City next permanent manager gone?

Andy D: This is currently suspended indefinetely at the moment.

Andy D: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Ian : How come? Nobody seems to have a clue who?

Andy D: This is a trading decision.

Andy D: Thank

you for contacting bet365 Live Chat.  Please click on the ‘Close’

button to rate the service you have received and to request a

transcript of this chat if required.

If this is the case somebody somewhere knows something???

I got the same mate

Chat InformationThank you for contacting bet365 Live Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Mark P.

Mark P: Hello, welcome to bet365 Live Chat.  How may I help you?

Vern: Where can I find betting on the next Norwich City football manager please?

Mark P: Currently suspended.

Vern: Any reason?

Mark P: Trading decision.

Vern: I assume you guys know something. Cheers.

this is not the case

i tried betting on leicester for warnock for bout 4days to be told we are suspended and dont know when we will posting new odds

it was 2-3weeks till they appointed someone

also the trader may not be at work, i asked for leeds to win ldv vans thingy before september

n got told he wasnt at work till 11am n to ask in afternoon when he is working

but... something could be going on as well

I seem to remember a similar thing happened just before Grant''s appointment. A few big bets were placed north of the border and all bets were suspended.

The only two that were running were Bet365 and Betfred, and Betfred pulled out after Wednesday/Thursday last week. With Bet365 pulling its odds as well it certainly looks that way.The only real big movers were Royle, Crook and Jewell, but I wouldn''t be surprised if the new manager wasn''t even on the list :-P

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] There are no bookmakers running a market! I reckon it is a done deal?
[/quote]

Or the opposite and they have insufficient information (i.e. bets) to run a market which does not leave them exposed to a huge priced outsider getting the job.

**** hell, quick appointment-its going to be Duffy isn''t it?

Its certainly going to be someone whose currently either not working or a current person within the club staff. Oh God, its Duffy, its Duffy.

Smudger et al, I''m on my way over to to you...

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] There are no bookmakers running a market! I reckon it is a done deal?
[/quote]

Most probably.

Jim Duffy? Pitch Riots then =]

I spoke to the Adam bloke too, and got the same response.

[/quote]

So is their top priority to find the right manager to take us forward, or to make a quick appointment to pacify the shareholders at the AGM on Thursday? 

[/quote]

Must be, or close enough to a done deal anyway

Looks like it could be Pullis according to Archant. This hardly inspires me but given the current regime it could at least salvage our championship status!He also fits in with Doomcaster''s Certain managers-Certain Clubs-Certain times statement!The Club needs a total change in strategy and an all out attack for Chris Coleman or Paul Jewell would of been a statement of Ambition! It looks like we are going to get a statement of yet more prudence!!

PLEASE MARTIN ALLEN PLEASE MARTIN ALLEN!!!!!!!!!

No idea why I seem to have taken the side of him but

MARTIN ALLEN MARTIN ALLEN!!!!!

or Tony Pulis I suppose

If it is Pulis, then its probably, at best, a sensible appointment. But it seems bland, safe, don''t rock the boat, neat and tidy, cosy, low key, low profile...and I could go on.

He ticks a lot of boxes that the board will have set-organised, efficient, planning.

But his style of play has met with a lot of criticism-and see below...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/5092066.stm

I can''t get excited about the prospect of Tony Pulis being our Manager I''m afraid, It might not be the case of course, but it speaks volumes and they are volumes that worry me. I hope its not him.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] There are no bookmakers running a market! I reckon it is a done deal?[/quote]

So is their top priority to find the right manager to take us forward, or to make a quick appointment to pacify the shareholders at the AGM on Thursday? 

[/quote]

Don''t know about you Mystic, but I am going to the AGM for reasons other than who the next manager may be. Answers to how we got in this mess in the first place (and a lot of that happened prior to Grant) and what they intend to do re the relegation crisis (it is a crisis Doncaster), what are their aims for the next five years etc, etc.... If they seriously think that installing a new manager by Thursday will shut anyone up, then they are really more stupid than I thought.

Heard a very strong rumour  that Pulis is set to be named in the early part of the week. Not overly excited by this but did decent job at Stoke last year and looks quite shrewd in the transfer market.

It would be RIDICULOUS of the Board to consider a quick appointment, especially if they are intending wheeling someone out Thursday evening to be clapped by everyone, but you can see it-new Manager, stirring words said, Doncaster, Munby et al say how much "Tony has impressed us" etc etc, JFC,  they''re up for a cosy love in aren'' they?

Theres no rush. Give Duffy the caretaker role until Christmas if neccessary, but take-your-time! No knee jerk appointments, believe me Board and Delia you HAVE to get this one right, spot on, and nailed, and from the very beginning. Bugger this one up and you can leave with him, whoever he is.

That means swift improvement this season, that means more imagination on the pitch, off the pitch, better team spirit, and, come the Summer, genuine optimism of promotion next season.

What is worrying me is that, far from coming out with their old mantra of "getting back into the Premiership", the spiel has now taken on a "getting us established as a mid-table CCC club" feel.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] Looks like it could be Pullis according to Archant. This hardly inspires me but given the current regime it could at least salvage our championship status!

He also fits in with Doomcaster''s Certain managers-Certain Clubs-Certain times statement!

The Club needs a total change in strategy and an all out attack for Chris Coleman or Paul Jewell would of been a statement of Ambition! It looks like we are going to get a statement of yet more prudence!!
[/quote]

Chris Coleman? He''s not the answer. It look''s like Pulis to me...I hope he does well but i''m dissapointed......

[quote user="Snakepit boys"] Looks like it could be Pullis according to Archant. This hardly inspires me but given the current regime it could at least salvage our championship status!

He also fits in with Doomcaster''s Certain managers-Certain Clubs-Certain times statement!

The Club needs a total change in strategy and an all out attack for Chris Coleman or Paul Jewell would of been a statement of Ambition! It looks like we are going to get a statement of yet more prudence!!
[/quote]

Archant have only quoted reports from the Mail about Pulis and have also mentioned the speculation about Allen in the weekend tabloids, they don''t know anymore than we do.

agreed with some of the posters here... if we appoint Pulis he will no doubt keep us in the division but then we will stagnate for the next 3 or 4 seasons until he moves on... i cant see him making us promotion material at all as his track record proves otherwise... he''ll make us tough to beat however... but we will flit around mid table with only slight playoff hopes every season...

still think we should of tried to Prise David Penny away from Darlo...

jas :)

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

[/quote] Don''t know about you Mystic, but I am going to the AGM for reasons other than who the next manager may be. Answers to how we got in this mess in the first place (and a lot of that happened prior to Grant) and what they intend to do re the relegation crisis (it is a crisis Doncaster), what are their aims for the next five years etc, etc.... If they seriously think that installing a new manager by Thursday will shut anyone up, then they are really more stupid than I thought.[/quote]

More stupid . . . or more arrogant.  We shall see.

[quote user="Mal"]Re Stoke City : ''The club is currently owned by Kidsgrove Road Limited, a subsidiary of Bet365''[/quote]

This could mean that Pulis is nailed on but not necessarily - the mere fact that he''s in the frame at all would mean that Bet365 couldn''t take bets.