Sign in to follow this  
keith sizer

Manager (Pierre Littbarsk)

Former Germany World Cup winner Pierre Littbarski wants the vacant Norwich City job and would keep Ian Crook as his assistant. (Sun)

Anyone know about him?

Herd on the old bush telegraph that a certain Pierre Littbarski has shown a definate interest in the job at Norwich, of course we all know who his loyal number 2 is.....Ian Crook!With Littbarski''s knowleadge and contacts in the world of football and Crooky''s knowleadge of the local game I think this is one fair dinkum combination to take us forward. Well better than any other of the "serious" candidates anyway.

Hate to be talking to myself like some kookaburra but here is some background on Littbarski.

International playing career

73 internationals for West Germany - 18 goals.

German U21 side: 21 internationals

Managerial Career

(From Wikipedia)

Strewth Mick !   Seems he''s currently managing a second string Japanese side.  Here''s his highly reliable and sometimes accurate wiki entry.

Littbarski spent most of his playing career at 1. FC Köln, winning the German Cup once, in 1983, and was three times runner up in the Bundesliga (1982, 1989 and 1990). He has also played for Racing Club de Paris in Ligue 1 as well as for JEF United and Brummel Sendai in Japan. In his career, he was initially used as a striker before being utilised as an attacking midfielder.

He was manager of Australian A-League side Sydney FC, and lead them to the FIFA Club World Championship in 2005, and a win in the inaugural A-League Championship. He was famous amongst Sydney FC supporters for his stylish brown suits [1][2].

Sydney under Littbarski were often criticised for boring, unimaginative

football, but the results could seldom be argued with and Sydney FC

went on to claim the innaugral A-League Championship under his reign.

Littbarski and Sydney FC severed ties on Wednesday, May 5, 2006, with

Littbarski announcing he would not re-sign for the club following

disputes over training locations and a cut-price contract offer.

In December 2006, Littbarski was appointed the manager of Avispa

Fukuoka, a J-League side that was newly demoted to the second division

after the 2006 season.

Previously, he has been the manager of Yokohama FC (twice), as well as assistant manager of Bayer 04 Leverkusen and manager of MSV Duisburg.

Managerial Career

I think this guy would be a non-starter for the board, too risky and unproven in English football which is totally different to that what he is used to. It''d take far too long for him to grasp the championship league heat and it could sink Norwich like a brick while he is waiting to get up to the required standards and tactical requirements. Move on - -

Bad idea - no experience in England and I found this on a website from Sydney FC''s fans -

Active petitions in over 75 countriesWorld Times

Sack Pierre Littbarski

Created by doug on Jan 07, 2006

Category: Football

Region: Australia

Target: Sydney FC

Description/History:

January 6, 2006

This Petition is for the immediate sacking of Sydney FC coach Pierre Littbarski.

I myself am sick of his tactics, playing players out of position etc.

Petition:

We, the undersigned, call for the immediate sacking of Sydney FC coach Pierre Littbarski.

I recon it would be ballsy of the board to name them, but they are the only candidates that have got me fair dinkum excited so far, Martin Allen & Tony Pullis don''t do anything for me and lets face it Ruud Gullit don''t want to bring his sexy football to Carrow Road either.If Ian Crook is good enough to be considered on his own, surely if he is bringing a manager of Littbarskis experience (both playing and managerial) it has to be a huge positive for the club!

[quote user="Cobain18"]

Bad idea - no experience in England and I found this on a website from Sydney FC''s fans -

I myself am sick of his tactics, playing players out of position etc.
[/quote]   He''s as good as here then with this board     

Cobain, I think your got the worng end of the stick, you see some of us aussies have a few roos loose in the top paddock, you will find similar petitions and comments for a bloke called Earnie Merrick, never mind that he just won the league with Melbourne Victory (exactally like Pierre did with Sydney), does that make him a bad manager too?

Lets not forget that a certain Arsene Wenger was a relative unknown from the J-League.

I think the question here is can the board afford to gamble with another unkown quantity.  Or do we run with the safe option (Pulis, hope not).

I am really getting to like the idea of Paul Ince in charge.  Especially with the way he has handled young Bally Smart.

[quote user="Steelsilver"]I think this guy would be a non-starter for the board, too risky and unproven in English football which is totally different to that what he is used to. It''d take far too long for him to grasp the championship league heat and it could sink Norwich like a brick while he is waiting to get up to the required standards and tactical requirements. Move on - -[/quote]

wasn''t Arsene Wenger in the same position!  I think we should go for him!

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I am really getting to like the idea of Paul Ince in charge.  Especially with the way he has handled young Bally Smart.

[/quote]

See latest Pinkun article - Ince makes it pretty clear he''s not interested.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

See latest Pinkun article - Ince makes it pretty clear he''s not interested.

[/quote]

Correction he is giving the diplomatic answer answer so he doesn''t alienate his current fans/chairman/players etc. if it doesnt happen.  How many times have we heard "I am not interested in ?" only for said person to be there a week later.

Its just media talk.