Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If Duffo The Clown Gets The Job, Then....

Prepare thyself for league 1 footy next year!.

He is just as responsible for our current demise as Grant was, and has probably upset the same players at the club as well. I assume he sanctioned the Hartson deal, and that alone, should tell you that the man is indeed a clown.

Our boad who act like a mini version of the Gestapo these days and employ the same secretive nature as the former, will opt for the cheap ''McYes'' man so they can still behave as usual, ie Prudence with Sod All Else!.

Oberst Von Doncaster and Reich Marshall Munby, control most matters and media output with an iron fist these days, truth being the first casulty in my opinion, so we sure as hell, can''t rely on any mis-information coming out of  Stalag Carrow Road.

If, as I fear, this suicidal appointment has already been made, then prepare for the ''faithful'' invasion of MK Dons next season, unless of course, they pass on our way down.

We are watching you Smith and Jones, if, as you claim, you love this club, then please veto any move to appoint Jim Duffy, otherwise your last dwindling pieces of credibilty will vanish just like the wind.................or just a stiff breeze would do in your cases!.[:@]

Given thata) Grant lost the dressing room, and Duffy was part of his staffb) We''re in the bottom three, and have no margin for errorc) We need an experienced manager with a proven track record, which Duffy doesn''t haveIt would indeed be a suicidal appointment

but what if we win games under him, if hes still caretaker and we win get 9 points from 12 over the next 4 games what would u say then, will u still be asking for him to not be made manager

[quote user="derehamcanary_fan"]but what if we win games under him, if hes still caretaker and we win get 9 points from 12 over the next 4 games what would u say then, will u still be asking for him to not be made manager
[/quote]

What worries me is if he gets the points, he get the job and they turn out to be the only points he ever gets us.

We do need an experienced manager this time. I don''t like to make jugements before a mans had a chance but I doubt Duffy would do any better than Grant. He was after all his assistant.

i don''t in any way want Duffy as manager but 1st wizard you are jumping to wild conclusions about the blokes abilities! We were in the same situation when Hamilton left and nobody wanted Worthington to take over, well he did and for the first three and a half years he did exceptionally well. What''s to say Duffy wouldn''t do the same? Also just what is wrong with Hartson? When will people stop pre judging players before they''ve kicked a ball? Remember the negativity towards Dublin?

I dont why we are worrying about Duffy being appointed, didn''t we all think that Martin Hunter was going to get the job after Worthy left?

I reckon it''s Pulis or Allen

Let me turn this arguement around a bit, lets say he''s been appointed, then performs like Grant, we would be stuck with him for at least a season, thats one further year of hurt, division and relegation.................because if there''s one thing old JD does well, its relegation.

Can we really risk that? k

Knowing our board, the answer is probably YES!!.

I heard over the weekend from the same person who told me ''new investors'' were about to be appointed, and that Peter Grant had until the QPR game to get it right, that the board are divided over Duffy. Really divided.

Certain members feel the need / would like continuity, and consider that Duffy is the best value option that have at the moment and his appiontment will not lead to too much upheaval. They do not want to rock the boat any more than it''s already been rocked. They actually see Duffy as a steadying hand.

On the other hand there are a couple of voices worried about the fans feelings and the need to freshen things up, clean broom style. This is not exactly popular with the first group. 

The touble is the ones that hold the ''power'' are the ones who support the ''first opinion''.

Things have been very heated and it was suggested that this is why there has been no united statement from the board on the matter and why individuals have been quiet on the matter as well.

Interesting stuff Jono, whoever your source is has me worried.

Do the first group, which I suppose are Delia and Michael, really see Jim Duffy as the way forward?

If so, then they have to face reality NOW!

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

I heard over the weekend from the same person who told me ''new investors'' were about to be appointed, and that Peter Grant had until the QPR game to get it right, that the board are divided over Duffy. Really divided.

Certain members feel the need / would like continuity, and consider that Duffy is the best value option that have at the moment and his appiontment will not lead to too much upheaval. They do not want to rock the boat any more than it''s already been rocked. They actually see Duffy as a steadying hand.

On the other hand there are a couple of voices worried about the fans feelings and the need to freshen things up, clean broom style. This is not exactly popular with the first group. 

The touble is the ones that hold the ''power'' are the ones who support the ''first opinion''.

Things have been very heated and it was suggested that this is why there has been no united statement from the board on the matter and why individuals have been quiet on the matter as well.

[/quote]

Now that''s what I call a top quality rumour . . . [Y]

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

[/quote]

If this is true then the assertation that members of our Boardroom are thick as pigs**t must also follow.  ANYONE who thinks installing a manager who''s track record is relegating every club they have managed is an idiot.

I believe the principle of "certain managers for certain situations" is arising here......so perhaps his relegation track record would see a nice smooth passage into League One.......

Wouldn''t surprise me in the slightest, it has been obvious for some time now that Delia and her sidekick know nothing about football, I''d guess the Turners would probably be in the opposite corner, they most likely realise you need to listen to the fans at such times as this rather than alienating them even more. Could there be a hostile takeover in the air? I bloody well hope so, it''s our only hope.

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

[/quote]

interesting reading... if indeed it is the "terrible 2" who are advocating Duffy then its probably going to be him who gets the job... Should we then get relegated then i would hold Delia and Michael Personally responsible and would hope they would do the honourable thing.

jas :)

if Delia and MWJ behave true to form then that''s exact what they''ld do

Hamilton...Worthy...both appointed from within...I seem to recall continuity being a buzz word at the time...I have a feeling they may regret not having done the same when choosing Grant over Hunter...it would also be the cheap option which we know they like so much

Duffy is well down my list, however significantly above Pulis or Litbarski