Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Tony Pulis or Martin Allen?

One of these i beleive will be our new manager and will be revealed today. I would of prefered Martin Allen but with our board i think they will go for Pulis. If you look at Tony Pulis on wikipedia it says 

"Pulis has a reputation within the game for achieving solid results on small budgets and also maintains the proud record of never being relegated as a manager"

Knowing how tight our board is makes you think it will be Tony Pulis.

Unless we want to spend the next ten years as a comfortable mid-table Championship side, I really hope we don''t take on Pulis. Martin Allen has taken two clubs to three Play-Off Finals on tight budgets and installed good playing methods, tactics and a real sense of athleticism at the clubs he''s managed imho. People talk about how well Paul Ince is doing this season but Martin Allen built the side that''s walking League 2 and could probably beat us if we played them.

Gotta agree with MK Canary. Martin Allen has always done well with hardly any finances at his disposal.

If its a choice surely they''ve gotta go for him.

I give 0/10 for either, they don''t exactly strike gold. Both ''on the cheap'' options and i doubt the players would be very impressed with either and for them to give 100% they need a high profile manager who they can actually rely on. Hoddle is that man and no one else even comes close.

Martin Allen is not good enough for Norwich City. Neither is Tony Pulis.

Allen''s tactics and methods are a joke, and his long ball policy with the MK Dons is a million miles away from what Paul Ince''s team is producing.

3 play off place finishes, yet he''s lost out in every single one.

Allen should go to Millwall and Pulis should stay where he is.

We need ambition, not mediocrity.

neither. Pulis is average at best and we wouldn''t ever acheive anything with him at the helm. Allen is a good manager at lower levels but I feel that he didn''t do a great job with the players he brought in at leicester and I really couldn''t see him having a successful spell here. I think he''d fall out with too many people at the club. I would prefer someone with more experience at this level at getting teams up!

Tony Pulis is roundly booed every time he walks too and from the dugout at Stoke (local team to me so I know many supporters there) - and in front of 12,000 or less crowds too as his style is solidly defensive and un-inspiring.  His side there plays what fans refer to as binary football - it''s 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 games all the time.  We''d be solid and safe but no more: maybe what we need to steady our ship but not desperately ambitious beyond that - what''s the priority though?

Does it really make any difference who manages the club? If he, who ever he is, got the best out of the team and a couple of players really looked good the board would sell them with out batting an eye lid to buy more land or redo the board room or something else none FOOTBALL then tell us it is the right thing to do for the club.......................

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="shropshire canary"]Tony Pulis is roundly booed every time he walks too and from the dugout at Stoke (local team to me so I know many supporters there) - and in front of 12,000 or less crowds too as his style is solidly defensive and un-inspiring.  His side there plays what fans refer to as binary football - it''s 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 games all the time.  We''d be solid and safe but no more: maybe what we need to steady our ship but not desperately ambitious beyond that - what''s the priority though?[/quote]Apart from when they beat us 5-0 [;)]

Neither, where are the "high calibre" candidates then?  At the moment, if pushed I would go for Hoddle.  Perhaps we need to change from ''ambition with prudence'' to ''lets speculate to accumulate''..

[quote user="shropshire canary"]Tony Pulis is roundly booed every time he walks too and from the dugout at Stoke (local team to me so I know many supporters there) - and in front of 12,000 or less crowds too as his style is solidly defensive and un-inspiring.  His side there plays what fans refer to as binary football - it''s 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1 games all the time.  We''d be solid and safe but no more: maybe what we need to steady our ship but not desperately ambitious beyond that - what''s the priority though?[/quote]

Under the present regime:

Short term priority: avoid relegation

Long term priority: ditto

Looks like Pulis is our man . . . [:(]

God help this club if they appoint Pulis.

It smacks of mediocrity and the acceptance of same. Dull football, dull results, the club even more of a media and like black hole as regards its standing and reputation/profile.

It says we just want to stay in this league and not have any excitement, it says "look at us, little old Norwich holding our own in the Coca Cola Championship"!

It says we see ourselves as being like Colchester, not Charlton (respect to Colchester).

It would be a disastrous appointment. The guy is regularly booed by his own fans FFS!

No way.

Which is probably why they will appoint him.

Can I have Mike Phelan and A.N Other with experiance please. I did say Jewell and Johnson, but we have no chance for either now.

It has to be Martin Allen for me. At the start when all the managerial candidates were mentioned it was a straight choice between Allen and Jewell in my opinion. As it now seems unlikely that Jewell is interested in the City job, I shall plump for the Mad Dog. He sounds a real character. Steve Gedge talks about him in his EDP column today. Apparently anybody who turns up late for training has to sit in the "naughty chair". I love it! I wonder if Safri would have been punished in this way for being late for the team photo if Allen had been in charge?

Whoever said Allen had MK Dons playing "long ball Millwall tactics" is talking nonsense. I saw the Dons play under Allen a few times and what I witnessed was free-flowing, athletic, attacking football

Allen could be good and has reputation for discipline.........................................

I believe Pulis is Welsh so that would fit after an Irishman and a Scotsman.........................................

Nethier

Go to Bruces AGENT ask if Bruce is interested in a ''Stable Job with a Good Board'' (don''t laugh!)

Show some ambition and go for Jewell or Bruce.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!! stop going cheap with managers wages. The one person in the the club who has to earn it!!!

With Steve bruce and the TURNERS money we will be Prem League and stable in 2-4 years.

With Pulis or Allen we will allways be midtable or top 8 at best.

Why settle for these two? WHY? WHY? WHY?

This is our chance to change it around.

stop messing it up or I''m quitting my season ticket next season.

Final.

Cheers All