Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

Littbarski & Crook

[quote user="1st Wizard"]As neither have any experience of management in England, it would be a disaster of biblical proportions!.[/quote]

I am sure Arsenal fans thought the same when they appointed the relatively unknown Arsene Wenger from the J League as well. I say go for him!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]As neither have any experience of management in England, it would be a disaster of biblical proportions!.[/quote]

I am sure Arsenal fans thought the same when they appointed the relatively unknown Arsene Wenger from the J League as well. I say go for him!

[/quote]

What a truely magnifcent and potty comparrison, we''re not in Arsenal''s cosy comfort zone, or ever likely to be!.

Littbarskis got great experience, and we know what chippys all about. Both had great success as a team together and can bring new ideas to the league,what a great partnership, lets get back to playing some decent football, bring it on!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

What a truely magnifcent and potty comparrison, we''re not in Arsenal''s cosy comfort zone, or ever likely to be!.

[/quote]

Arsenal weren''t as dominant as they are now...  We are not in that comfort zone, but he was untested and worked a treat, it could well with him to be fair, but I''m sceptical, but Wiz whoever is the new boss deserves a chance..

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

What????? Do you know anything about him? You could probably find loads of managers and link them to Wenger in the same way but it doesn''t mean to say that they''ll be great managers

Littbarski spent most of his playing career at 1. FC Köln, winning the German Cup once, in 1983, and was three times runner up in the Bundesliga (1982, 1989 and 1990). He has also played for Racing Club de Paris in Ligue 1 as well as for JEF United and Brummel Sendai in Japan. In his career, he was initially used as a striker before being utilised as an attacking midfielder.

He was manager of Australian A-League side Sydney FC, and lead them to the FIFA Club World Championship in 2005, and a win in the inaugural A-League Championship. He was famous amongst Sydney FC supporters for his stylish brown suits [1][2]. Sydney under Littbarski were often criticised for boring, unimaginative football, but the results could seldom be argued with and Sydney FC went on to claim the innaugral A-League Championship under his reign.[citation needed] Littbarski and Sydney FC severed ties on Wednesday, May 5, 2006, with Littbarski announcing he would not re-sign for the club following disputes over training locations and a cut-price contract offer.[citation needed]

In December 2006, Littbarski was appointed the manager of Avispa Fukuoka, a J-League side that was newly demoted to the second division after the 2006 season.

Previously, he has been the manager of Yokohama FC (twice), as well as assistant manager of Bayer 04 Leverkusen and manager of MSV Duisburg.

In October 2007, Littbarski announced his interest in taking the managerial vacancy at Norwich City F.C., possibly with his current assistant, former City player Ian Crook. [1]

Could be promising though the brown suits and negative football are worrying.

[quote user="charlies dad"]Wenger is a footballing Genius. The comparison with Littbarski is stretching it to say the least.[/quote]

Littbarski might be a footballing genius too.  The problem is he is unkown and untried.

He has got a world cup winners medal and played in a highly successful West Germany side so must have a little something about him.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]he was untested and worked a treat[/quote]Oh dear,Yes, the ''untested'' Arsene Wenger who won the french League 1, in his first season in charge of them, signed top class players who many wouldn''t have expected to go to Monaco, and managed to average a win ratio of nearly 50% during his tenure...The same ''untested'' manager who then went to shocking Japanese side Grampus Eight, and  managed to change them from a bottom three team to 2nd in the league within an 18 month period, whilst setting an even more impressive win ratio of 68%!So, no real credentials established there before being offered the Arsenal job...so an obvious comparison there then.

You''ve got to laugh really. No "outside" investors considered...yet rumours abound about a German coach with naff all experience to speak of.......

Ridiculous...but I wouldn''t put anything past Smith if he is dishy and can make her giggle........

So much speculation its boring!! I wish I''d booked my holiday for this week. It won''t surprise me if the new manager is someone most won''t have thought of, just like no one expected last time. Anyway chances are I''ll be wrong and it''ll be someone who has been talked about alot.

Bring on the appointment so we can get on with our lives.......................... Sydney side or wherever!!

Its an interesting idea, though the idea doesnt fill me with confidence, they did well at Sydney, but were lambasted for their unattractive style of play, and im not really sure what they have achieved at their latest club.

Antoine Kombouaré is the guy i wouldnt mind taking the hotseat, i spend a bit of time in France, and this guy has been creating quite an impression over the last few years,  Valenciennes have maintained their position in Ligue 1 and are doing much beter than expected. He has coaching experience at PSG and Strasbourg, and played for PSG and Aberdeen, he is young, and the thing that most attracts me about him is his skill with youth team. If i were making a comparison to Wenger, then this guy would be more likely.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sounds like Little Norwich to me Mr Rahl

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Mark Rivers..."]he was untested and worked a treat[/quote]
Oh dear,

Yes, the ''untested'' Arsene Wenger who won the french League 1, in his first season in charge of them, signed top class players who many wouldn''t have expected to go to Monaco, and managed to average a win ratio of nearly 50% during his tenure...

The same ''untested'' manager who then went to shocking Japanese side Grampus Eight, and  managed to change them from a bottom three team to 2nd in the league within an 18 month period, whilst setting an even more impressive win ratio of 68%!

So, no real credentials established there before being offered the Arsenal job...so an obvious comparison there then.
[/quote]

point taken

[quote user="Cluck "]

yet rumours abound about a German coach with naff all experience to speak of.......

Ridiculous...but I wouldn''t put anything past Smith if he is dishy and can make her giggle........

[/quote]

Naff all experience....he has been in and around management positions for 8 seasons, i know a majority of it has been in Oz and Japan (people accept Wenger did well there, so dont knock it) but he has still won things.

Martin O''Neill and Nigel Worthington were 2 had "naff all" experience.....We know what O''Neill has gone on to achieve (dont tell me he achieved loads at Wycombe,he got them from the conference and they failed at getting out of Div 3) and Worthy guided us to our most successful spell in recent years.

A few managers with naff all experience have also gone on to do quite well.....Roy Keane (was he a world cup winner?) Paul Jewell (Bradford), Steve Tilson, Mark Hughes (Wales then achieving loads at BBurn), Chris Coleman (did very well at Fulham), Aidy boothroyd, Magilton is unfortunately doing well, John Collins (who some would welcome).....The list goes on, OK some like grant dont work out but some do.

The guy would instantly gain the attention of the players (who can argue with a WC winner) alot of people have mentioned Crook as an assistant and i for one would most certainly welcome that.

In my eyes no matter what the board do some will never be happy.....oh i forgot.....take off my tinted specs and bin all optimism.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Cluck "]

yet rumours abound about a German coach with naff all experience to speak of.......

[/quote]

Naff all experience....he has been in and around management positions for 8 seasons, i know a majority of it has been in Oz and Japan (people accept Wenger did well there, so dont knock it) but he has still won things.

Martin O''Neill and Nigel Worthington were 2 had "naff all" experience.....We know what O''Neill has gone on to achieve (dont tell me he achieved loads at Wycombe,he got them from the conference and they failed at getting out of Div 3) and Worthy guided us to our most successful spell in recent years.

A few managers with naff all experience have also gone on to do quite well.....Roy Keane (was he a world cup winner?) Paul Jewell (Bradford), Steve Tilson, Mark Hughes (Wales then achieving loads at BBurn), Chris Coleman (did very well at Fulham), Aidy boothroyd, Magilton is unfortunately doing well, John Collins (who some would welcome).....The list goes on, OK some like grant dont work out but some do.

The guy would instantly gain the attention of the players (who can argue with a WC winner) alot of people have mentioned Crook as an assistant and i for one would most certainly welcome that.

In my eyes no matter what the board do some will never be happy.....oh i forgot.....take off my tinted specs and bin all optimism.

[/quote]

I played football in Australia for a team called Subiaco.....AND it was on the English pools coupons! It was a few years ago....but it''s little more than rec stuff on the whole with the exception of one or two bigger clubs.

I think the main difference between us cudp is that I want what is best for the club long term......and that sadly for you  involves the removal of the wart currently festering in the Boardroom........

Nice list though.....but do you want me to list the thousands of the "naff all" chancers (a la Grant) who didn''t do "quite so well"?......... No?........I thought not...........

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I played football in Australia for a team called Subiaco.....AND it was on the English pools coupons! It was a few years ago....but it''s little more than rec stuff on the whole with the exception of one or two bigger clubs.

I think the main difference between us cudp is that I want what is best for the club long term......and that sadly for you  involves the removal of the wart currently festering in the Boardroom........

Nice list though.....but do you want me to list the thousands of the "naff all" chancers (a la Grant) who didn''t do "quite so well"?......... No?........I thought not...........

[/quote]

Cluck i do finally agree with you about the board tho! Im waiting to see what the Turners pull out of the bag! But

If you have enough time to list them please....be my guest...i wait in anticipation [;)]

ps i hope the rec stuff aint a dig....dont open that bag of worms....

i would be happy to give littbaski/crook ago, i mean its a bit more exciteting than any previous appointment. and the two of them work well together,will know of loads of players around the globe who would come here. hopefully inspire the players here and with crook at his side the is the possibility crook taken over thr helm if littbaski moves on. yes it could be a risk but so is every appointment/signing in football.thats the nature of the game.  so out of all the names mentioned so far this is the one that stands out, bruce /jewal wont come so forget them, allen/pullis/royal,hoddle maybe. but are they better than littbaski/crook,is there list of players/contacts bigger than these two.NO.  so we could do alot worse.

littbaski/crook a BIG YES!