Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

Team and formation for the fist game of the season

Maybe i''m reading too much into this but I read a comment after the Crewe game from Worthy saying we tried out a new fomation to see how it would work. i just wonder whether with our personnel whether he will start like this in the prem.
It was 4-3-1-2 with no real width, the full backs get forward when they can and the player behind the front two has a free role. In our first game I have a feeling hes gonna play:

Green

Edworthy Fleming Mackay Drury

Safri Holt Francis/
Mulryne
Bentley
Huckerby Svensson or
new stiker?

Whatever our formation ends up being, I''m convinced that the Baggies'' will be 5-4-1, and possibly without the 1 up front! Today''s Sun says they are interested in David Unsworth now the Bolton deal has collapsed. That makes how many defenders on your books, Gary?

Yeah I saw that too Susie. Megson''s plan for staying up next year must be to try and not conceed goals, and hope they get goals on the break, from that pacey jet heeled front man...., er, Horsfield??!!

Ah, the all important fist game. Although don''t forget the knee derby or the buttock trophy.

Sorry, I''m feeling a bit facetious today. Here''s my serious answer:

I agree with the back four (although expect 2 or 3 new faces to choose from) and the three tough midfielders infront. As for the front three there a plenty of options with Hux, McVeigh, Mulryne, McKenzie, Svensson, Bently and Brennan to choose from. (Again, I expect 1 or two new choices here too).

Although I should expect a team comprising of 10 defenders and tough midfielders away at the bigger sides.

I think you''re doing Rob Hulse a huge disservice, DD, by neglecting to mention him in the same breath at the Horse!! Now be good and apologise to all the Baggies, there''s a good chap!