Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

The board won't be brave enough.

They won''t be brave enough to appoint the man who I am coming around to thinking might be best for the job.

Why? Because he is hard and determined - and has a mission to accomplish.

He insists on being #1 wherever he goes, he has a tremendous playing record, he is as hard as granite, he''s full of self-confidence, and never gives up.

They won''t be brave enough because my candidate is a hard ''ombre focussed on success. Our board is as soft as marshmallow, unfocussed and trapped in wishful thinking.

Guess who............................?

OTBC - we''d better mind the danger.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

They won''t be brave enough to appoint the man who I am coming around to thinking might be best for the job.

He insists on being #1 wherever he goes, he has a tremendous playing record, he is as hard as granite, he''s full of self-confidence, and never gives up.

They won''t be brave enough because my candidate is a hard ''ombre focussed on success. Our board is as soft as marshmallow, unfocussed and trapped in wishful thinking.

[/quote]

the "big time charlie" himself... Paul Ince....

jas :)

The board will probably just keep duffy because he is cheap

they won''t pay out big money for the likes of jewell

Even if the Board wanted him, doubt that Ince would want us!  Why would he leave a team on the up, fantastic team morale, new stadium, competent Chairman........

Who cares with Smith and Co. still sat in their ivory tower.

I''ll withold my support until the dross is swept away and a whole new system put in place. Do you really think one man can turn this farce around?

It smacks of Gordon Brown''s new "vision" for Labour....when in truth it''ll just be more of the same until he''s removed from office. The Board will simply rely on the sheep to quickly forget the past....and "spin" stories that all will be well....and I''ve a feeling most will do just that.

Embarrassing at best.......

I have to say I am with Cluck on this one, although the board may have the best intentions, they have been on a downward spiral for a long time now and don''t seem to know how to turn things around. More important than their football managerial appointment is an assessment on themselves, but what pressure is on them to do this at the moment? Maybe the AGM will give clues? We have had several managers under their stewardship and the general feeling? Have they achieved all that could be achieved? No, big mistakes have been made. They have a big chance to remedy some of these with an appointment to get the football back on track. Trouble is, for that they must focus on the field and NOT off it.

However Cluck what percentage of supporters are REALLY happy with the way the board are running the club? It''s a difficult one to judge. Of course the number of season ticket renewals will be a good yardstick, but before that? This messageboard (and others) are probably not a reliable focus of opinion - what is though?

Apathy does reign supreme - as we can see in politics as Cluck mentions. What will make the majority of city supporters turn against them? I would say relegation, but it''s a big price to pay. To big maybe for the club ever to recover from.

I don''t

[/quote]

Would it be good old ''Ardee.......................

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Real guess this time.................. Stuart Pearce ?????????

Mark .Y.

If it got rid of all of them Gazza, then relegation WOULD be worthwhile, just think of it, a life without Delia and Doncaster here..........sheer bliss I reckon.[:D]

Bly Bly, Cluck, Smudger et al-I swear that if the Board get this appointment wrong, I am coming over to the "dark side" with you.

Names being bandied about smack of nothing less than an acceptance, a desire even to maintain mediocrity.

As I have said in another post, its a case of "...look at us, little old Norwich, holding our own with the big boys in the Coca Cola Championship..."

Duffy being appointed, the increasing talk regarding Pulis, Crook in the running again, and others.

This RIDICULOUS statement about managers "...needing to be at the right club at the right time...", oh dear God, YES, haven''t they conveniently gotten themselves out of any possibly ambitious or forward thinking by that statement!

Thinking of Delia-who I have previously defended, but, lately on the basis on "better the devil you know" than any real love or devotion!-holding a scarf above her head with a Pulis, a Duffy, a Crook, well, words fail me...

Why not approach Ince and not be afraid to do so and say so? Why not look into this apparant interest from Littbarski with Crook? Why not look at the possibility of a Hoddle or a Dave Penney? Be brave for once ffs!

But no, not a chance, lots more prudence and infinite patience needed-its in the starts, its going to be safety first again...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]If it got rid of all of them Gazza, then relegation WOULD be worthwhile, just think of it, a life without Delia and Doncaster here..........sheer bliss I reckon.[:D][/quote]

I take it you are glad they never built the statue now then Wiz...

Well, assuming Bly''s man would be Ince, he has ruled himself out (link) :[quote user="Paul Ince"]Someones in a job and they obviously look at managers who are doing okay and just put two and two together."And all of a sudden you just get speculation about nothing really.Were trying to do a job here, we dont need speculation like that to disrupt what were trying to do at this club."[/quote]But as Bly hasn''t been brave enough to name his man, it could be anyone really.  All the easier to be smug when the actual manager is unveiled, eh Bly ?

Yep, the man I am coming around to thinking might be best for the job under this current board is Paul Ince.

I''m not fully convinced - but leaning that way.

Can you imagine Doncaster''s face?

But, of course, this board won''t be brave enough - and that is why they must go. No balls.

OTBC - we''d better mind the danger!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I have to say I am with Cluck on this one, although the board may have the best intentions, they have been on a downward spiral for a long time now and don''t seem to know how to turn things around. More important than their football managerial appointment is an assessment on themselves, but what pressure is on them to do this at the moment? Maybe the AGM will give clues? We have had several managers under their stewardship and the general feeling? Have they achieved all that could be achieved? No, big mistakes have been made. They have a big chance to remedy some of these with an appointment to get the football back on track. Trouble is, for that they must focus on the field and NOT off it. However Cluck what percentage of supporters are REALLY happy with the way the board are running the club? It''s a difficult one to judge. Of course the number of season ticket renewals will be a good yardstick, but before that? This messageboard (and others) are probably not a reliable focus of opinion - what is though? Apathy does reign supreme - as we can see in politics as Cluck mentions. What will make the majority of city supporters turn against them? I would say relegation, but it''s a big price to pay. To big maybe for the club ever to recover from. I don''t[/quote]

I fear that those happy with the current direction of the club are more "Deliarites" than actual "club supporters".....Her arrival at NCFC has created a definate divide over the past decade...as can be seen by the "saviour" tag which continues to be trotted out despite the evidence to the contrary. The two "camps" are now miles apart as to what this club truly represents....so I fear nothing will change until a Boardroom clear out takes place.

For this reason I feel a protest is pointless and only time will resolve the issue. Empty seats will mean little due to the season ticket scam....and we have a local press cornered by the CR "spin-machine". It''s a shame really that Archant should feel so threatened....as I''m sure the club needs them far more than they need the club...in the short term anyway.

I''m disillusioned full stop....as I feel the stranglehold Smith and MWJ have on NCFC will lead it to oblivion in the end.

The question of who is manager is obviously very important but in the long run will make little difference if the executive and board remain unchanged.

A new manager can undoubtedly get more out of the existing squad, Jimmy Smith may be a good asset, I dont know how he played tonight but he should add a creative element to the mid field. A new manager will I`m sure get us up the table but how much further will we go.

Grant made a lot of mistakes in terms of team selection, playing players out of position,public critisism etc. but at the end of the day he was stitched up. A bit like Geoffrey Howe being sent in to open the batting for England but the Chairman had already broken his bat.

Grant wanted to build a team around Etuhu and Ernie then all of a sudden they were gone. I believe his hands were severly tied during the summer transfer market despite what we have been told.

Without a new vision and ambition for success at Board level any new manager will end up going the same way as Grant. The fans of Norwich now expect more than the current set up can deliver, all we are looking forward to is the possibility of some short term improvment but a long term expectation of mediocritry. I am amazed that we have heard so little from the Board during our current crisis, all we have been told is more of the same. How can anyone accept that?

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Would it be good old ''Ardee.......................

Mark .Y.

[/quote]

Now Mark Y , such a sweet thing ,you are the sweetest apple on my tree .I can''t see anything   wrong with your first guess .I don''t think your second was anything to shout about though . Now i am not being vain , but i feel i am a long way in front of him not only in ability but also in looks . Mark some of us have got it and some of us haven''t .I feel such a cad for having so much .[:D] arrdee.

[quote user="sam"]

The board will probably just keep duffy because he is cheap

they won''t pay out big money for the likes of jewell

[/quote]

Quite possibly. By the way,  is that a lovely picture of some puppies playing? [:|]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

The question of who is manager is obviously very important but in the long run will make little difference if the executive and board remain unchanged.

A new manager can undoubtedly get more out of the existing squad, Jimmy Smith may be a good asset, I dont know how he played tonight but he should add a creative element to the mid field. A new manager will I`m sure get us up the table but how much further will we go.

Grant made a lot of mistakes in terms of team selection, playing players out of position,public critisism etc. but at the end of the day he was stitched up. A bit like Geoffrey Howe being sent in to open the batting for England but the Chairman had already broken his bat.

Grant wanted to build a team around Etuhu and Ernie then all of a sudden they were gone. I believe his hands were severly tied during the summer transfer market despite what we have been told.

Without a new vision and ambition for success at Board level any new manager will end up going the same way as Grant. The fans of Norwich now expect more than the current set up can deliver, all we are looking forward to is the possibility of some short term improvment but a long term expectation of mediocritry. I am amazed that we have heard so little from the Board during our current crisis, all we have been told is more of the same. How can anyone accept that?

[/quote]

The board have willingly set a downward spiral in place by being so unambitious on the pitch. Making a £4million profit in the transfer market in two seasons whilst raking in £14.2million parachute payments says it all. Of course the handful who warned of the way the club was headed were shouted down and lectured for not being "true supporters" on here.

This is a board who can blithely state that "all transfer income recieved is re-invested in the team" whilst the facts show this is clearly not the case. If people don`t question an outright lie like that, they can basically get away with anything can`t they? Dig up my "Wages-don`t be mislead" thread if you want to see some more blatent misleading cr*p from the usual suspects.

It seems like an awful lot of people are quite happy to be taken for mugs and i agree with GazzaTG that it will take at least a season in the second division for a groundswell to rise up against them.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Bly Bly, Cluck, Smudger et al-I swear that if the Board get this appointment wrong, I am coming over to the "dark side" with you.

Names being bandied about smack of nothing less than an acceptance, a desire even to maintain mediocrity.

As I have said in another post, its a case of "...look at us, little old Norwich, holding our own with the big boys in the Coca Cola Championship..."

Duffy being appointed, the increasing talk regarding Pulis, Crook in the running again, and others.

This RIDICULOUS statement about managers "...needing to be at the right club at the right time...", oh dear God, YES, haven''t they conveniently gotten themselves out of any possibly ambitious or forward thinking by that statement!

Thinking of Delia-who I have previously defended, but, lately on the basis on "better the devil you know" than any real love or devotion!-holding a scarf above her head with a Pulis, a Duffy, a Crook, well, words fail me...

Why not approach Ince and not be afraid to do so and say so? Why not look into this apparant interest from Littbarski with Crook? Why not look at the possibility of a Hoddle or a Dave Penney? Be brave for once ffs!

But no, not a chance, lots more prudence and infinite patience needed-its in the starts, its going to be safety first again...

[/quote]

Never, ever play with the dark side. Once you go there there is no way back to fandom. There ghostly figures can''t even remember what it was like to be a supporter or even what football was like. The undead feed on failure and only want more dreaming of relegation to free them of the unholy trinity of the the Doomy one, the cook and the grey one. They don''t want the new manager to be a success or success for the club only damnation for the trio.

I agree the board need to be ambitous in choosing our next manager.  I do fail to see how appointing Ince would be ambition though.  He has been a manager for just under a year and has done nothing of note .... yet.

[quote user="Saint Canary"]I agree the board need to be ambitous in choosing our next manager.  I do fail to see how appointing Ince would be ambition though.  He has been a manager for just under a year and has done nothing of note .... yet.[/quote]

It''s a "populist" intention...not a wise one. He was an arrogant toad as a player insisting on being called the "Gov''ner"....a name he penned for himself. I suspect also that a modest degree of success at CR would see him move on up the managerial ladder without a cursory glance over his shoulder.

Neither Ince nor anyone else will take this club on to better things without the removal of the root cause....the Board.