Sign in to follow this  
BCanary

Off Topic: What's Your Greatest Achievement

Prospective football manager debate is driving me crazy so I''ve nicked this thread off another message board I was looking at the other day.Basically, what''s your greatest achievement in life to date and why?It can be anything - getting a mortgage, having kids, winning the League on Championship manager, whatever you like

the birth of my little Girl in april 2006.

theres nothing like holding that little bundle for the 1st time... I was there for everything, all through the labour and what not. to witness your own flesh and blood being born is an experiance that can never be bettered as far as im concerned!

jas :)

Mr greatest acchivment would be winning the premier league, uefa cup and carling cup in the same season with NCFC on football manager also attracting rhonaldiniho, ronaldo, gerrard, terry, to ncfc!2nd place, getting married and my kids!

Much like Jas, only being a lot older than him, my two wonderful kids were born in the 80s! So now they are adults themselves, though no grandkids yet to inflict with the curse/privilege of being a NCFC fan.

I can add to the kids thing - (although being the mother it was compulsory being there for the labour etc Jas lol) - taking both of them to Carrow Road for the first time, it was a friendly before the 92-93 season...... a great time for kids to become involved eh? A very proud moment taking them into the ground and explaining about the club, players, manager, history etc....they are both still fans and seaon ticket holders like me.....lol

Making money and working cannot compare. There is nothing like family (and to me NCFC is my family - for better or worse, it''s worse than being married sometimes).

Competing for Norwich Penguins (swimming) in the National Speedo league ''B'' final  a few years back along with some national and world rankings. also getting rid of one of my plymouth coaches was something i was rather chuffed with, he was a bit of a prune.

it''s a difficult one, it would be children if i had them but i don''t, so anything else is probably comfortably second best.

I would say getting my PhD. But other achievements include my recent half marathon in 1h 39mins, my first one and next year it will be a full marathon; and lastly, managing to persuade my partner to wear very skimpy bikinis about 10 years ago, never thought it would happen but it has, it really saves on the weight of the suitcase!

1) A 4 goal per match treble winning season with Gorleston town on pro evo 4.2) Getting someone to pay me a reasonable amount of money to check my emails and the pinkun repeatedly every day! (aka as funding for postgraduate studies)

Good post. not realy done much to speak of yet, no kids and that. but have been around the world three times which was fun growing up. planing on walking from john o groats to lands end before 2010 for the british heart foundation cos i got a bit of a dodgey ticka. will be expecting some sponsership at some point so get saving lol

Posting well over 2500 messages on this forum and never being wrong once.......      [Y]

Remaining on speaking terms with other message board posters despite being secretary of NCISA.

Mine would be - to reiterate most people''s choice: the

birth of my little boy who is now 2.

Scoring two goals for Norfolk against Suffolk in the David Powell Memorial Cup in a 4-2 win is another highlight, closely followed by marrying the missus.

Winning a gold medal in the European Cup Final 2004 after beating Italy 1-0.

I was coaching the Welsh hockey team.

Finishing top scorer for Ellingham Reserves about 30 years ago. I used to play left back as nobody else would. 3 goals from that position was quite an achievement - trouble is they were OWN GOALS ! one more than our deadly striker who finished the season with 2. We were pants and used to let in double figures most games.[:D] 

Playing for Ireland in 3 different sports, earning the award of best fielder in cricket in 2 seperate divisions this year and gaining recognition with some clubs in England one of which asked me to go over next year for a trial.

Won a few tennis tournaments, but in sport my proudest achievement was scoring against Top of the League Brundall from the halfway line aged 9 in Cub League football.

Got a name credit on an album recently released by an Artist I used to pay to see play and had to save my pocket money to buy his records (25 years ago).

[quote user="MK Canary"]Prospective football manager debate is driving me crazy so I''ve nicked this thread off another message board I was looking at the other day.

Basically, what''s your greatest achievement in life to date and why?

It can be anything - getting a mortgage, having kids, winning the League on Championship manager, whatever you like
[/quote]

Holding my wife''s hand and watching our  daughter born in 1980 amid all the blood and gore and 24 years later being in tears (still holding my wife''s hand)  as she gave a magnificent performance with her Symphony Orchestra and was picked out by the Conductor to take a special "solo" bow at the end of Beethoven Symphony No 7 and listening to people shout Brava at OUR child!

OUR greatest achievement I would say.  And, yes, we did both change the nappies of that tiny thing brought to her solo spot by a famous conductor pointing at her and applauding along with the audience.

Who would have guessed it at the time I first held this overdue and somewhat red tiny thing?

"Bit overcooked," the midwife said.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]

erm not sure ...

related to norwich probably being 1st on the pitch after crewe away in the chamipobnship winning season

[/quote]Ooh, I''ve got a photo of myself on my office wall stood infront of the goal where Iwan scored his last goal for the club just a few minutes after the game. Good memories! What a great day that was

thanks for getting off the club for a second,firstly very impressed by some of the acheavments of some of you guys very intimidating, but back to my achievments it has to be the old ones my son tom who is 18 months and my wife but to be fair most of the achievment there has to go to her !!  city related i guess the high would be jumping over the barriers after the milk cup semi and having a great laugh at some of my mates in the away pen of the barkley....very funny!!! i guess getting my whole front teeth knocked out the saturday before the sunderland fa cup semi playing footy and getting them stuck back in with plaster so i could go to the game is an achievment?  scoring with a bycycle kick in a pre season friendly for mellis when i had told every one i would do it would be one too ,getting outjumped by simon milton for him to score has to be quite an achievment as i am six foot and he was just over five?