Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Hartson, now that ambition

Can you explain to me why this is such a bad decision when we haven''t scored in i don''t know how many hours and we''ve signed a proven, experienced striker...........?

Right, so Brown is doing nothing, Dave The has played about 30 mins of first team football since arriving, Dion is a vital part of our central defence and we are in the relegation zone, why is getting a big blatant striker who has scored at most levels on a no commitment 1 month loan a mistake? If hes not fit we won''t play him, if he trains badly he won''t be played and if he doesn''t score then drop him.  We are up a creek and everything is worth a punt in this situation.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Can you explain to me why this is such a bad decision when we haven''t scored in i don''t know how many hours and we''ve signed a proven, experienced striker...........?[/quote]Over the hill,unfit and in all honesty quite rubbish,this has to be our worse signing since steve walsh.

sack the board,sack the board,sack the board

Clubs a laughing stock , old fat has been striker nobody else would touch with a barge pole , all we need now is another joke of a manager and our relegation will be sealed .

How is this the boards fault? Do you want a board like Hearts and Chelsea have dictating who we do and don''t buy? Any excuse for a dig with some people. Lets accuse them of the things they do wrong yeah not making up reasons to have ago at them willy nilly. Thats if you want to be taken seriously!

[quote user="Terminate the ipswich"]

sack the board. What a Joke. What is happening to our club.

This is terrible. Hope he doesnt eat to many of Delias pies!!!!!

[/quote]

Whinge, whinge, bl*ody whinge!

Oh behave if we signed Drogba people would whine...

Great loan signing proven goalscorer and leader (which my god we need) will add some grit and experience and means Dion can sort out our defence its only a loan so if it doesnt work out then no harm done.

Thumbs up from me

agree, i think this is a good signing hes experienced and we cant hit a barn door with a banjo at the mo!!!! brown, cuerton havnt set the world alight this season. WELCOME JOHN ALL THE BEST!!!!!! YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!!!!!

after grant said in midweek we need to feed the strikers, someone who can eat of the plate etc.. on obv delia rustling up the odd cook book which someone had to test

then ... john hartson is the man

i think he''ll be tremendous player for you, honest, stick him on goal line alongside marshall and wham bang no more goals conceded

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Can you explain to me why this is such a bad decision when we haven''t scored in i don''t know how many hours and we''ve signed a proven, experienced striker...........?[/quote]

I think you ment to say "  a proven lazy overweight hasbeen"

What?! How is Hartson a bad player? How many strikers in The Championship have played in continental cup finals and won league titles? Hartson is about as talented an old-fashioned British #9 you''ll find. I''m very happy we''ve got him and am amazed that everyone else seems to be aghast at the idea

[/quote]

Please can you tell us exactly who we should have signed then outside the transfer window.  And why is it a joke when we haven''t scored for 9hrs of football.

You cant just dive in and criticise without putting something constructive to back it up.

Me personally, I think we should have battled QPR for Rowan Vine, too late for that one now.  Reasonably happy with Hartson, it is only a short term deal and if it works we extend, if it doesnt we bin him.  For me it is a no lose situation.  Would doubt that this was very expensive either.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Can you explain to me why this is such a bad decision when we haven''t scored in i don''t know how many hours and we''ve signed a proven, experienced striker...........?[/quote]

How about because he is fat, cant get in the team at WBA, fails the clubs "match fit" requirement....

I hope he turns out to be a repeat of Dion, but frankly I dont have a good feeling about this one.  If he does then I will be delighted to eat a slice of humble pie (but frankly I reckon Hartson will have scoffed the lot before I get my spoon out).

How many hours is it since Pie Man scored  and how "match fit" is he. DD and Hartson up fron with a combined age of 70 plus !

Can Duffy and the board not grasp that it''s the Midfield that is our problem, not necessarily the attack.  Feed the strikers and they will score, simple as.  I can count on one hand how many chances our Midfield have created for the strikers this season.

Russell, Brellier, Chadwick, Lappin, Jarvis and Spillane are simply not creative enough to give our strikers consistant changes.

I neither agree nor disagree with Hartson''s signing, he''s clearly down the pecking order at the Baggies for a reason, whether it be because he''s shite, or he simply doesn''t fit with the manager we''ll see in the 3-odd games he''ll play for us.  Hartson''s a target man, so I suspect Duffy likes the old route one stuff, and with our Midfield playing as they are at the moment, it''s probably not a bad thing!!

[/quote]

What?!

The board have done something good there, we need someone with a bit of b0II0ck5 up front...Nice one Duffy [Y]

Jamie Cureton is a proven Cahampionship striker........John Hartson is a proven butter-barrel....

Maybe we can drag Jan Molby and any other ageing lardarse out of cryogenic suspension to kick a ball for us?

more to the point, where does that leave the likes of chris martin, ryan jarvis, daley etc

they must be in tears

[/quote]

I can remember this sort of negativity when Dion joined us last year and look what happened there. 

The fact of the matter is it''s only one month and if he''s shocking, he goes back.  If it works out however, everybody''s happy. 

Of course he''s past his best but we''re a striker down and we need experience quickly on the pitch and in the dressing room.

He''s not the future.  At best he''s a short term fix,  which could be what we need to lift ourselves a few places.

Now didnt people says some things like "lazy"  "past it" etc about Dion aka Our best player when he came in.   Some people never learn their lesson...  Its only a months loan and the choice is between Chris "work ethic have no idea where the goal is" Brown or John Hartson?

Give him a chance!

Its not as though we payed millions for him!

He can get goals and that is what we desperately need.

A good man to lead the line!

Also, he''s a bit nasty

which was what we deperately lacked at QPR, the cutting edge. To suceed in this leauge you have to be:

A. Really good

B. Gritty

Oh and i forgot wont it be great to see Hartson kick the hell out of the scummers defence in a couple of weeks.  Worth the loan fee alone!!!

from the WBA official site, Hartson last played for the first team as a sub 8 months ago and has played 2 reserve games this season.

We are bringing in an unfit striker in the mould of the ones we already have instead of finding a poacher type striker to replace Cureton who is out 4 six weeks......bizarre!!!

More worryingly is Duffy is being given funds to spend, does this mean he is going to be given half a dozen games to prove himself? I hope not.

We didnt have this negativity with Dion as he is a true proffesional, unlike Hartson the proffesional pie eater.

Can you say Hartson is better than Jarvis or Martin? Hartson is only in football still to pick up his big fat wage packet just like the other waisters in our squad.

No commitment any more, no fitness, NO IDEA

Don''t knock it before you''ve tried it!

You know how when we played Hull all you could see happening was Windass (old hardass) scoring and being annoying. He reminds me of Hartson (old hardass), it mightr work. And as everyone says, he doesnt have to stay.