Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Hartson, now that ambition

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Terminate the ipswich"]

sack the board. What a Joke. What is happening to our club.

This is terrible. Hope he doesnt eat to many of Delias pies!!!!!

[/quote]

Please can you tell us exactly who we should have signed then outside the transfer window.  And why is it a joke when we haven''t scored for 9hrs of football.

You cant just dive in and criticise without putting something constructive to back it up.

Me personally, I think we should have battled QPR for Rowan Vine, too late for that one now.  Reasonably happy with Hartson, it is only a short term deal and if it works we extend, if it doesnt we bin him.  For me it is a no lose situation.  Would doubt that this was very expensive either.

[/quote]

we have not scored for 9 hours of football because our midfield is crap

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]Can you explain to me why this is such a bad decision when we haven''t scored in i don''t know how many hours and we''ve signed a proven, experienced striker...........?[/quote]People like you make me sick, Wake up we are a laughing stock he is a Fat Useless B******!

ONWARD AND UPWARD....this signing is clearly what Delia meant in her lovey dovey statement in the EDP.

John was a very very good striker at club and international level, always has had a disciplin problem which should make him feel comfortable in our present squad, and has to work hard to keep his fitness which over the last few years he has been unwilling or unable to do.

We have got strikers, what we need is someone to give them the ball.

I hope he comes in and scores loads, regrettably I doubt it.

Will be a backward step for us, welcome home hoofball! 

[quote user="sig"][quote user="Terminate the ipswich"]

[/quote]

I can remember this sort of negativity when Dion joined us last year and look what happened there. 

The fact of the matter is it''s only one month and if he''s shocking, he goes back.  If it works out however, everybody''s happy. 

Of course he''s past his best but we''re a striker down and we need experience quickly on the pitch and in the dressing room.

He''s not the future.  At best he''s a short term fix,  which could be what we need to lift ourselves a few places.

[/quote]

Agreed.

If hes crap for us, he goes. If not then we can extend it. Don''t panic over a 1-month loan deal.

At this moment in time we''re at the bottom of the barrel and we need anything we can get. We can only hope he will turn out to be another Dion (as I too remember all the Dion poo-pooing last year).

I can''t say I am overly excited by the signing myself but I will at least reserve judgement until hes actually played.

I think the reason why some people are happy is because he was a big name and now he is just a big lard.

You would be happy if Paul Gasgoigne signed or Ian Wright, just because they have done it in the past. Get a grip guys, this bloke is more of a rugby player than footballer.

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Terminate the ipswich"]

[/quote]

Please can you tell us exactly who we should have signed then outside the transfer window.  And why is it a joke when we haven''t scored for 9hrs of football.

You cant just dive in and criticise without putting something constructive to back it up.

Me personally, I think we should have battled QPR for Rowan Vine, too late for that one now.  Reasonably happy with Hartson, it is only a short term deal and if it works we extend, if it doesnt we bin him.  For me it is a no lose situation.  Would doubt that this was very expensive either.

[/quote]

we have not scored for 9 hours of football because our midfield is crap

[/quote]

We have Jimmy Smith and Fotheringham on the way back who will hopefully solve that.  The strike force is also weak though.

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]How is this the boards fault? Do you want a board like Hearts and Chelsea have dictating who we do and don''t buy? Any excuse for a dig with some people. Lets accuse them of the things they do wrong yeah not making up reasons to have ago at them willy nilly. Thats if you want to be taken seriously!
[/quote]

H ha ha ha......what a total lame-o.  Just like the Board...all shop front and no stock......

Run along sonny for Gawds sake........

[quote user="jimmy500"][quote user="Terminate the ipswich"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rowan Vine...  Oh you already said that...  A bloody shame Grant didnt get him...  As for Hartson, I hope he isnt as fat and overweight as the rumours would have us beleive.

[quote user="3canaries"]

Can Duffy and the board not grasp that it''s the Midfield that is our problem, not necessarily the attack.  Feed the strikers and they will score, simple as.  I can count on one hand how many chances our Midfield have created for the strikers this season.[/quote]

Finally, some common sense.  Thank you.

It''s OK - don''t worry people, they''ve got Hartson in to frighten away Glenn Hoddle. Once that threat has gone, they''ll crane Hartson back out. Good thinking, I say.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="sig"][quote user="Terminate the ipswich"]

[/quote]

I can remember this sort of negativity when Dion joined us last year and look what happened there. 

The fact of the matter is it''s only one month and if he''s shocking, he goes back.  If it works out however, everybody''s happy. 

Of course he''s past his best but we''re a striker down and we need experience quickly on the pitch and in the dressing room.

He''s not the future.  At best he''s a short term fix,  which could be what we need to lift ourselves a few places.

[/quote]

Agreed.

If hes crap for us, he goes. If not then we can extend it. Don''t panic over a 1-month loan deal.

At this moment in time we''re at the bottom of the barrel and we need anything we can get. We can only hope he will turn out to be another Dion (as I too remember all the Dion poo-pooing last year).

I can''t say I am overly excited by the signing myself but I will at least reserve judgement until hes actually played.

[/quote]

I think people have forgotten that we''ve got a lot of injuries and players off form up front: DD has a dodgy back (no idea if he is out for a long spell? And plays at the back more often than not), Cureton is out for weeks, Renton for months, Ryan''s not here (but could be recalled), Brown doesn''t look like he could score this side of Christmas, Martin isn''t really a target man and the manager appears not to be allowed to play Hucks as a striker, Doc who could play there is injured.  Which leaves Dave the Striker almost on his own.  IMO it is not really a surprise that we might have wanted a bit of back up for the short term. 

I can see that a stop-gap measure makes some sort of sense - it isn''t meant to show long-term ambition, it is meant as a short-term fix as we are in the crapper and need experienced heads to help us out.  Whether Hartson is the answer I am not sure, but I guess time will tell - if it turns out ok then great, if it doesn''t then no real harm done just for 3-4 games.  He''d probably not have been many people''s choice but who knows what was available.

We all know that Midfield is a problem area but we are meant to be getting Smith back very soon, Spillane too (he doesn''t seem to be on the pink un injury list), and we don''t know what might otherwise be in the pipeline.

[quote user="3canaries"]Can Duffy and the board not grasp that it''s the Midfield that is our problem, not necessarily the attack.  Feed the strikers and they will score, simple as.  I can count on one hand how many chances our Midfield have created for the strikers this season.[/quote]
It''s amazing how much the viewpoint as to where our failings lie, changes with such a regular basis.

We started off with comments about lacking potency upfront with questions raised about Curo etc, then it was nothing but comments about shoddy defence and the dire need for a proven centre half, now we''re onto the suggestion that in fact there''s nothing wrong with the strikers, it''s the midfield that''s letting us down.

If we do start scoring, chances are that shortly we''ll be back to the defenders again.

IMHO, this is a diabolical signing, whilst people may have held reservations about Dion, he came with a great track record, a model professional, and a player who was probably fitter than many players 10 years younger than him. Compared to Hartson who struggles with consistency, and is now seriously in a position to give Michelin food for thought as the new image of their mascot.

I couldn''t care less if he''s here on a short term loan, he''s an unncessary signing, on an unnecessary wage, and the fact that he''s been unable to get a game at even League 1 clubs in the last 8 months speaks volumes about the confidence level in the industy towards him.

We should be looking to make more effective use of the players we do have, and addressing their issues at the minute, than cruising round signing rotund has-beens for non-existent problems.

The sooner Duffy is replaced by someone with even an ounce of footballing knowledge, the better.

What a signing, I''m gutted there is no match this weekend.

Harson could really be insperational charater we need on the pitch right now and I know he will kick start our season.

I really think he will bring the best out of Chrisy Brown, with both of them up front to win the long balls from the back, we could be a force to be reconded with.

He is just what we have been crying out for to get us out of this league.

On The Ball City!

[quote user="David4567"]

Harson could really be insperational charater we need on the pitch right now and I know he will kick start our season.

I really think he will bring the best out of Chrisy Brown, with both of them up front to win the long balls from the back, we could be a force to be reconded with.

On The Ball City!

[/quote]

you jest surely?

someone has said that hartson will get dropped if he doesn''t score. Well, going on whats happened this season Brown can''t score but he''s not been dropped. I can''t believe how ready people on here are to make a judgement when Hartson hasn''t even kicked a ball for us. at least he''s scored goals and knows the game!!

[quote user="David4567"]

On The Ball City!

[/quote]

I am getting a sense of p*** taking here. Am I right?[;)]

I''m not surprised if you are, its not exactly a signing to be jumping up and down about.

he must be 15 stone plus.

He is unfit and when was the last ime he played for west brom.

This is getting beyond a joke now look at our fine selection of strikers now;

Cureton-Crap this season

Brown-Crap all the time

Strihavka- hasn''t had much of a chance yet but won''t set the world on fire

Hartson- old, fat and had it

Dublin- need him in defence and he has clearly stated that his legs are feeling it now[:@]

Hi

Yes BJH is a big joke this season

He could be a great player for us this season but unfortunately he doesnt seem to be bothered.

I just hope your paying most of his 15k a week wages.

you may be able to get something out of him, he might even poach a couple of goals but i doubt it

if anything he will make your current strikers look world class.

then again you could send the rest of your squad out armed with cattle prods

Hope your season picks up as it would be a shame for you to go down.

[quote user="sam"]

Cureton-Crap this season

Brown-Crap all the time

Dublin- need him in defence and he has clearly stated that his legs are feeling it now[:@]

[/quote]

17st 8 i think he is reportdly

14 6 says on wba page

[quote user="we8wba"][quote user="sam"]

Cureton-Crap this season

Brown-Crap all the time

[/quote]

17st 8 i think he is reportdly

14 6 says on wba page

[/quote]

Is that from the neck upwards?[:|]

[quote user="sam"]

Cureton-Crap this season

Brown-Crap all the time

[/quote]

You seem to of forgotten Chris Martin?.

Hartson on Waggers site!!!!   http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=1788

“I can get the right foods down me; I can stay here and do my extra work and stuff. Everything''s here for me - there''s no excuses, really. So I''m just going to give my best shot.”

“I''m just here to help Norwich in their position - that''s first and foremost. And then to help myself - to just see what happens,” he said, honestly. “Who knows? I may not score a goal in ten games and then I''ll know by Christmas that it''s time to hang them (the boots) up. I''ve got over 200 in my career and I can''t now score one for love nor money.  Or I might come here and get goals, do very, very well and there''ll be other offers.”

Jim Duffy Signing:

Cue Jim Duffy''s arrival at the helm and the first request of his caretaker reign.

“With Jim''s introduction as caretaker, the first words that he said to me were ''John Hartson - make an enquiry about him...''” revealed Bryan Gunn, left to make the deal happen as the club''s liason officer and today left to do the introductions at Colney.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][/quote]

Look at the expression on Gunn''s face. It says "Got someone in at last" written all over it......

We''re doomed I tell ye........

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][/quote]

The one on the left looks like that bloke who had bit parts in the Royle Family. poor old Gunny doesn''t look too well.