Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

NCFC job one of the Top 24 jobs in the world!

According to Waghorn....    "Step back and step outside this little world and see the Norwich City vacancy through global eyes and all of a sudden it becomes, arguably, one of the top 24 jobs in world football right now."

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=1784

Then again according to Waghorn Darrell Russell would be playing Premiership football by now if he was a couple of inches taller.....

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

According to Waghorn....    "Step back and step outside this little world and see the Norwich City vacancy through global eyes and all of a sudden it becomes, arguably, one of the top 24 jobs in world football right now."

Then again according to Waghorn Darrell Russell would be playing Premiership football by now if he was a couple of inches taller.....

[/quote]

Bloody idiot.........

[quote]Bloody idiot.........[/quote]

Well, not entirely Cluck.  He kind of has a point, that the English player market is hugely inflated, and that Sven has been able to find some real bargains out in the rest of the world to put together a decent Premiership standard team.  Whether there are other managers that are interested in / capble of doing the same with Norwich is a moot point, I certainly wouldn''t try to compare Littbarski / Crook''s partnership with Sven and Tord Grip for example.  Someone with knowledge of the best available foreign talent might be able to help us, but do they neccesarily need to be foreign themselves ?  Could we not just employ a decent agent, as Sven has ?  More importantly, would we have the money to do it ?

It''s easy to write people off as bloody idiots and be pessimistic, far more difficult to see the positives and see a way to re-build.  I appluad Waghorn for attempting to do that, even if I don''t swallow the 24th best job in World Football line.

[/quote]

Not sure what planet this fella is on or what hes on but i wouldnt mind some!! It seems that now PG has gone everybody is feeling optimistic again just like the start when under PG and HIS new team we would go on to top the league. Ive no doubt that managing Norwich is a good job but its not going to attract big names. The likes of Royale being the biggest imo. The board must do everything possible to secure a top manager but its not going to happen. Living in Norwich is by far the greastest thing anyone could wish for, managaging a team whos board lack ambition and expect you to work miracles is not in the top 24 jobs of football imo.

With the seemingly ongoing recruitment drive for shelf stackers at Morrisons and cleaners at the new hotel, I''m not sure its even one of the top 24 jobs on Carrow Rd...

[/quote]

the blokes gone Crackers surely!!!!!

This really does take the cookie!

jas :)

This was obviously a typing error.

Should be ''arguably, one of the top 24 jobs in the Championship''

CJF - what a blatent misquote! I feel you should read the article again.  In context, he is outlining that for foreign managers looking to get into the English game (and more specifically a stepping stone into the Premier League) managing a championship side is one of the ideal roles for this.  Im not sure I agree with his point, but all he is saying is that there are 24 teams in our division and if you are one of the aforementioned foreign individuals looking to break through these jobs are very highly sought after.

Either way he is full of crap - but its very important to fully understand the nature of the crap that he utters. :)

[quote user="Headbanger"]With the seemingly ongoing recruitment drive for shelf stackers at Morrisons and cleaners at the new hotel, I''m not sure its even one of the top 24 jobs on Carrow Rd...[/quote]

Big Smile [:D]Big Smile [:D]      - made me smile.....

Well it is the 5 biggest league in the world by attendance I think.  So with Ricks thinking that must put us ona  par with some mid table german, Italian, spanish as well as prem teams such as Villa - no wonder his articles remain so farcical.  Top 100 club jobs in the world maybe