Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

The job is as good as mine .

Yep Andrew has asked Ruth her close relation i might add ,how good would arrdee be? Ruth said straight away "the best manager ever for City" So i am fully expected to be named as the new city manager quite soon , I will give you an insite how i intend to run my club . I will be getting Dave Williams in as my head coach

I will also get Tony Ivany in as my youth team coach. I know there is aways the danger that Tonys team talks last quite a while and we are sure to miss the first half but  is it not so nice to have a city manager who tells you what he intends to do ?

[quote user="arrdee"]

Yep Andrew has asked Ruth her close relation i might add ,how good would arrdee be? Ruth said straight away "the best manager ever for City" So i am fully expected to be named as the new city manager quite soon , I will give you an insite how i intend to run my club . I will be getting Dave Williams in as my head coach

I will also get Tony Ivany in as my youth team coach. I know there is aways the danger that Tonys team talks last quite a while and we are sure to miss the first half but  is it not so nice to have a city manager who tells you what he intends to do ?

[/quote]Arrdee. Now look you here. I know you mean well but I don''t think you''re cut out for the job. I mean, just look at your team selections with dixmar. Not one win this season. If the City teams you picked got results like that they''d have you hung, drawn and quartered. Especially that smudger and cluck. And I wouldn''t like to see protests outside yours. Not good for selling sausages and definitely not good outside an undertakers. So I would think long and hard before you decide to take up Delia''s offer.

However, if you do decide to take it on, is there any chance of some free tickets ?

Regards.   Lappinitup.   [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]Arrdee. Now look you here. I know you mean well but I don''t think you''re cut out for the job. I mean, just look at your team selections with dixmar. Not one win this season. If the City teams you picked got results like that they''d have you hung, drawn and quartered. Especially that smudger and cluck. And I wouldn''t like to see protests outside yours. Not good for selling sausages and definitely not good outside an undertakers. So I would think long and hard before you decide to take up Delia''s offer.

However, if you do decide to take it on, is there any chance of some free tickets ?

Regards.   Lappinitup.   [:D]

[/quote]

Now "lap" you lovely old boy ,there will tickets for all .I intend to throw a hand full out on Carrow Rd , if anybody is trampled to death . I will be on hand to claim the body .

As for my selections with Dixmar Racing my record is quite good 4 out of 5 is wonderful ,now"lap" I expect to see your selection this week on the" free bet this weekend" thread .

What you should have said was "not one win this season YET " Its not about winning its about enjoyment , just like my teams that i will be putting out each week when i become manager . I don''t know where i stand in the betting but you posters could do yourselves a bit of good by having a "punt" on arrdee you could make me your "nap" if you like [;)] arrdee. 

I think arrdee would do a fantastic job, his management skills come to the fore every week in tempting us all to have a go at the Pink un Pickers, handling the choices and encouraging a representative to pick from the selections made.  Not to mention that anyone who can get a free bet from a bookmaker must have a unique ability.I vote arrdee for manager, who''s with me ?

Arrdee....I''m afraid that I could not support this idea as it would mean I could no longer be unpleasant towards the club''s owner......and would mean that I would have to become a season ticket holder once more, thus placing me among the ovine ranks.

I''m quite happy being miserable right now and having something to moan about on a daily basis....so please don''t spoil my fun!

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Ha Tony Ivany....what a legend, if im thinkin of the same guy he used to be my manager in my Norfolk days!! His team talks were brilliant!

[quote user="Cluck "]

Arrdee....I''m afraid that I could not support this idea as it would mean I could no longer be unpleasant towards the club''s owner......and would mean that I would have to become a season ticket holder once more, thus placing me among the ovine ranks.

I''m quite happy being miserable right now and having something to moan about on a daily basis....so please don''t spoil my fun!

[/quote]Absolute quality Cluck [:)]

If i could just say at this point if my opponents for theCity managers job start to rake up my past menagerial record they will see how i pulled Sustead up to what they have become today . I have become a legend there as they still shout "arrdees sausages" .

Now if they try to bring up the bribery charge and wrong doing nothing was ever proven .O K I did want the Little Barningham job i will admit , but to suggest there was a whole " rib of beef on the bone" involved plus sirloin steakes ,and fillet steakes that melted in you mouth, that was way over the top,ridiculous to my mind.

Yes......and......they......told......of......the......cut......price......funerals, but remember nothing was ever proven .I had the local press camped outside  my house for a week , poor Ruth had to run the gauntlet of reporters every time she went out to get arrdee a pint of real ale , she took to wearing dark glasses and a hat and she stuck to her "no comment "bless her .

I thought i would tell my many thousands of fans who want me to have the job , remember if my opponents try to rake up my past its only from the gutter press, nothing was ever proven.[;)]arrdee

I''d like to ask a question if I may arrdee.Once you get the job, are you going to put John Hartson on a meat only diet ?  We need a bit of bully beef up front I suspect, and a slugger of his quality could be really effective, but only if we can get him up to fighting weight.

Cluck wrote

Is that the rustle of turnip I hear eminating from this post !?!

Great Post Cluck

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

Ha Tony Ivany....what a legend, if im thinkin of the same guy he used to be my manager in my Norfolk days!! His team talks were brilliant!

[/quote]

Now you lovely old boy , "can you sit down" I am so pleased that you noticed that i have most of my backroom staff in place .

Now a hot bit off the grape vine there are to be no interviews .It seems I am to be appointed straight away . Well i can understand that , so afraid they might lose me . Now cluck and smudger i am not coming cheap. I am to be payed as much as Pardew,   Wenger , Jol . all put together. So just watch us go .[;)] arrdee. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''d like to ask a question if I may arrdee.

Once you get the job, are you going to put John Hartson on a meat only diet ?  We need a bit of bully beef up front I suspect, and a slugger of his quality could be really effective, but only if we can get him up to fighting weight.
[/quote]

Now blah3 .I hope to get old Lardee over to our butchers shop as soon as i can ,as we are making 250lbs of sausages per week i think we will have to increase this to 300lbs per week , also increase the amount of burgers I know this is going to be hard on Ruth  but lardee seems a good old "scranner".

Now i have come on here to make a statement . I will now blow my rivals for the managers job out of the water .

Not only am i to become the Norwich City manager but also their PLAYER manager , there thats nailed the job .as i can play in any position it is going to be like signing a whole new team . What a capture for the City .

I think however that i will give the goalkeepers job a miss as i expect my team to be attacking  most of  the time there will be long periods of

inactivity for me and i am afraid arrdees joints may stiffen , and i do have trouble getting up off the ground at the moment as i seem to get up in stages . I must remind my players if they see arrdee go over if they can extend their arm as they run past to help arrdee up onto his feet .

I can hear you all moaning saying we have bought another injured player ,but no this problem i have with trying to get up on my feet is only temporary i am sure , it will pass as i get fit i am sure.  I have started to get fit by getting my bike out each evening but this is filled  with danger as they still stone strangers in my village so you have be so careful especially at night , all lovely old City supporters ,remind me to tell you about them sometime.[;)]  arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"]

If i could just say at this point if my opponents for theCity managers job start to rake up my past menagerial record they will see how i pulled Sustead up to what they have become today . I have become a legend there as they still shout "arrdees sausages" .

Now if they try to bring up the bribery charge and wrong doing nothing was ever proven .O K I did want the Little Barningham job i will admit , but to suggest there was a whole " rib of beef on the bone" involved plus sirloin steakes ,and fillet steakes that melted in you mouth, that was way over the top,ridiculous to my mind.

Yes......and......they......told......of......the......cut......price......funerals, but remember nothing was ever proven .I had the local press camped outside  my house for a week , poor Ruth had to run the gauntlet of reporters every time she went out to get arrdee a pint of real ale , she took to wearing dark glasses and a hat and she stuck to her "no comment "bless her .

I thought i would tell my many thousands of fans who want me to have the job , remember if my opponents try to rake up my past its only from the gutter press, nothing was ever proven.[;)]arrdee

[/quote]Little Barningham. What memories. I remember playing for Plumstead in the 58/59 Inter Village challenge Cup final. The match was on a sunday afternoon on the meadow behind the church, ko 2.30. We had to time it right as the pubs shut at 2pm in those days and it got dark at 4pm. Barningham went straight into a 8-0 lead (they pulled a crafty by only drinking shandy and we conceded 8 before we sobered up) and by half time they led by 13-6. Our captain didn''t like being beaten so he biked into Matlaske at half time and came back with nine more players. I think at the end of the match we finished up with 19 players on the pitch and Barningham with 15. Several had already left the pitch injured. Both of our goalkeepers were knocked out at one stage (they both went for the same ball and collided in mid air) We finished up winning the game 24-17 I think it was. The highlight for me was when our centre forward scored his fifth hatrick of the game and went on a lap of honour throwing cow pats into the crowd. Those women were not too amused (any man who turned up to watch the game was immediately recruited by one side or the other.

Sadly that turned out to be the last match in that wonderful stadium because the farmer refused to let us play there anymore as too many of his staff failed to turn up for work the next day !

I felt the game never got the recognition it deserved but Norwich city were on a little cup run of their own that year. Happy days !!   [:D]

By the way arrdee, I forgot to mention Sustead. In those days we didn''t go in for games too far from home. You see, By the time the game was over and we''d celebrated our defeat in the pub, we had to bike home. And in those days for those of us who had bikes, we certainly couldn''t afford to put lights on them. Anyway, I don''t think Sustead even had a pub. I may be wrong. I think we used to call in Aldborough red lion when we were in that area. Anyway, best of luck in your quest to be the next manager and tell Ruth if you have to spend a lot of time away from home I''ll be on hand to make sure she isn''t lonely. OTBC. lappinitup.   [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

By the way arrdee, I forgot to mention Sustead. In those days we didn''t go in for games too far from home. You see, By the time the game was over and we''d celebrated our defeat in the pub, we had to bike home. And in those days for those of us who had bikes, we certainly couldn''t afford to put lights on them. Anyway, I don''t think Sustead even had a pub. I may be wrong. I think we used to call in Aldborough red lion when we were in that area. Anyway, best of luck in your quest to be the next manager and tell Ruth if you have to spend a lot of time away from home I''ll be on hand to make sure she isn''t lonely. OTBC. lappinitup.   [;)]

[/quote]

Now "lap" you lovely old boy , thats a lovely offer , a very kind one too , Ruth is quite excited to have someone new to talk to . If you  get fed up with women talk i will leave you three bodies out for "layout" . Now "lap"are you any good at laying dead people out ? Now "lap" i am sure you know what to do with the cotton wool etc. I will leave a large amount in case you get what we call a "bad one" Thanks once again , Its most kind of you . Cheers old buddy .[;)] arrdee.

[quote user="dickyst220"]

great posts, thanks a lot cheared me up a bit............ & lets face it Arrdee

You can''t do any worse !!!! LOL

[/quote]

I think you lovely old Norwich City supporters know ,i have tried to take your mind off our dire position and tried to get a smile from you .

We all deserve better . I know i can''t do anything about it on the pitch , but if can put a smile on you face with my humour i will be a happy man .

I seem to have cheered  up "dickyst220" and if any of  you others had even a ghost of a smile it would  have been worth every word .

Thanks "lapinitup" you proved to be the perfect foil ,with no pre arrangement , it just came out as it did well done [Y]arrdee. 

Arrdee. And I really thought you meant it !!  I even had a tenner on you !! LOL.

Seriously though, sometimes I feel that although things are bad at the moment and no-one would dispute that, us older posters remember worse times-worse teams-worse everything but we came through them and we will again. I think sometimes us fans forget its just a game and in every game there is a winner so there has to be a loser as well !! The good times WILL return, I don''t know how and I don''t know when but they WILL.

Anyway back to the point I was going to make. Sometimes when I read this Board I finish up really dejected with all the negativity flying around which by itself is strange really because by its very nature, being a football supporter is the most optomistic pastime anyone could ever have. For example, if your team is playing a team from a higher division in a cup match you turn up to cheer your team on to win (even though in your heart of hearts you know they don''t stand a chance) and sometimes you are pleasantly surprised. It is these moments that make football the game it is.

So when I scan through these pages I try to add a little bit of light-hearted relief from all the doom and gloom (along with others like yourself arrdee, mellow yellow and cluck). I hear you say cluck? one of the funniest posters on this site if you cut through all the rhetoric. 

So arrdee. you are doing sterling work and let''s keep em smiling !! lappinitup.  [:D]