Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Has NCFC asked about Bruce or Jewell ....?

...... Well have they even bothered asking about Jewell or even Bruce from Brum.

Or have we just been the family club, little old Norwich, who has to settle for second best again!

Surley its not that hard to do, ask the agent to speak to the manager direct or ask the club for permission.

Put forward a package and 3-4 year deal. Pay them the Prem wage they desire. Ask them what they want from the deal!!! Not what we can offer!

Ask the turners if they want a bigger stake in Norwich city if they put forward more money for tranfer kitty for new manager.

Get the manager the fans will love and the players respect!

Up the table we go!

WHY IS IT SO HARD?

Why do we always see names like PULIS, ALLEN, CROOK,  even INCE mentioned.

Not good enough!

Sorry but its not!

Cheers All

I have been on holiday for 2 weeks so excuse my ignorance but why is Steve Bruce 3rd favourite for the manager''s job. Isn''t he still manager of premier league Birmingham?

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]I have been on holiday for 2 weeks so excuse my ignorance but why is Steve Bruce 3rd favourite for the manager''s job. Isn''t he still manager of premier league Birmingham?[/quote]

Chances are he''ll be out a job if the Yeung takeover goes ahead. Still he''d be silly to jump and write off his compo.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

...... Well have they even bothered asking about Jewell or even Bruce from Brum.

Or have we just been the family club, little old Norwich, who has to settle for second best again!

Surley its not that hard to do, ask the agent to speak to the manager direct or ask the club for permission.

Put forward a package and 3-4 year deal. Pay them the Prem wage they desire. Ask them what they want from the deal!!! Not what we can offer!

Ask the turners if they want a bigger stake in Norwich city if they put forward more money for tranfer kitty for new manager.

Up the table we go!

WHY IS IT SO HARD?

Not good enough!

Sorry but its not!

Cheers All

[/quote]Everything there is based purely on media speculation. What were you expecting, a Neil Doncaster blog in the EDP?"8.45am - postman arrives. Application letters received from Martin Allen and Glenn Hoddle, plus a few fans with FM2007 experience.9.00am - set off to meet Paul Jewell at a Little Chef in an undisclosed location.11.30am - arrive back in Norwich. Jewell decides he doesn''t want the job, as he''s holding out for a Premiership job. Midday - Hastily arranged board meeting. Board divided over suggestion to give Dale Gordon a ring."All the names you have seen mentioned are based on idle media chatter and supposition. I''m not saying that I think the board will necessarily appoint an excellent candidate, but how on earth can you criticise the board for ''probably not having even bothered to ring Paul Jewell or Steve Bruce''? Jewell is out of work, and a manager with good character and a good track record - I''d be very surprised if the board hadn''t been in touch with him. And as for Bruce, we''d have to pay off the last 18 months of what is probably a sizeable contract at Birmingham, plus he also has a proven track record - for walking out on clubs when a better offer materialises!

[quote user="buddhaboy"]give it a week....
[/quote]

I fear It will be too later in a week.

Act now! Get Bruce here!

Its only Birmingham, for god sake, not liverpool!!!

Brucey, Brucey, Brucey!!!!!

cheers all

seriously you get one of these guys in then fair do''s

but i think they will not be going to norwich

jewell - waiting for the right job, whilst taking a break - he''ll end up bolton when sammy get the boot then

bruce - not cat in hells chance of him leaving brum till end of the season unless they are clearly in the relegation zone

and if he gets the boot is he really going to come to you given the situation? he likes to spend the money and there is only really sheffutd doing this maybe if robson leaves

[quote user="we8wba"]

seriously you get one of these guys in then fair do''s

but i think they will not be going to norwich

jewell - waiting for the right job, whilst taking a break - he''ll end up bolton when sammy get the boot then

bruce - not cat in hells chance of him leaving brum till end of the season unless they are clearly in the relegation zone

and if he gets the boot is he really going to come to you given the situation? he likes to spend the money and there is only really sheffutd doing this maybe if robson leaves

[/quote]

Is life so dull on Wolves message boards we have to have one of your appalling fans pestering our Board 9-5 every day???

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Up the table we go!

WHY IS IT SO HARD?

Not good enough!

Sorry but its not!

Cheers All

[/quote]
Everything there is based purely on media speculation. What were you expecting, a Neil Doncaster blog in the EDP?

"8.45am - postman arrives. Application letters received from Martin Allen and Glenn Hoddle, plus a few fans with FM2007 experience.

9.00am - set off to meet Paul Jewell at a Little Chef in an undisclosed location.

11.30am - arrive back in Norwich. Jewell decides he doesn''t want the job, as he''s holding out for a Premiership job.

Midday - Hastily arranged board meeting. Board divided over suggestion to give Dale Gordon a ring."

All the names you have seen mentioned are based on idle media chatter and supposition. I''m not saying that I think the board will necessarily appoint an excellent candidate, but how on earth can you criticise the board for ''probably not having even bothered to ring Paul Jewell or Steve Bruce''? Jewell is out of work, and a manager with good character and a good track record - I''d be very surprised if the board hadn''t been in touch with him. And as for Bruce, we''d have to pay off the last 18 months of what is probably a sizeable contract at Birmingham, plus he also has a proven track record - for walking out on clubs when a better offer materialises!

[/quote]

I have to agree with this. Too many people on this forum seem to think that the board are not doing things just because we''re not getting half hour updates, sorry to find it amusing but I think people are being a little unrealistic. Also we don''t know if they''ve approached managers of even a higher calibre than Bruce or Jewell....But hey...Let''s all assume they lack ambition and are hoping for relegation this season....

WHY IS IT SO HARD?

[/quote]

Er... because you can''t have all 120 odd teams in the top division at once...

Relax Boys!

I''m just stating that we all know that if you want something in life you have to get it, be it anyway you best can.

The fact that its Wednesday Tommorrow and we still haven''t stated who or when the next manager is, only makes me think that we may be actually trying to get the ''right'' man in.

I wasn''t asking to be given a name update every day!

Its just that last time this all happened with Worthy we heard the same crap as this. High profile managers applying, long list of names, big names etc ..... (spin spin)

And we ended up with ''GRANT'' . At the time I thought ...''who''? ok lets go with it. But I also thought ... what happened to the other names lke Curbs, Hoodle, Bowen, Robson etc..

Did we actually interview them or just not bother. That was my point, are we going to try to contact Jewell or Bruce or are Norwich accepting that theses names are out of touch and not even bothering.

This is my worry, I can''t accept a second best manager again. We need more.

Cheers All

I Know for a fact that yes, the club has had contact with Paul Jewell . This initially happened after the Sheff Wed game  

Up the table we go!

WHY IS IT SO HARD?

Not good enough!

Sorry but its not!

Cheers All

[/quote]

The whole basis of your argument is around what if''s and maybe''s. The likilhood is that we HAVE asked Jewell if he''d like an interview, but regardless of whether or not he actually accpeted this is in material as we can''t go around kidnapping people, forcing them at gun-point to sign a 5 year contract and then untie them, and tell ''em to get on with the job!

We''ve probably had 50+ cv''s come in, at least, and we may well have approached a few manager''s ourselves, but if they don''t wanna come this way, we can''t force ''em!