Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Down to 5 (plus3)?

According to the dodgy rumours site:

Rumours regarding new Norwich manager are not even that. Current names being bandied around include those put forward by mischiveous Ipswich fans and optimistic Norwich ones. Here is the truth.

Jim Duffy is clear favourite amongst the board–their sanctioning of his loan move for Hartson is proof of that. Duffy will be interviewed AFTER the other candidates, which will be at the London Hilton tomorrow (Monday). There are four, two in the morning, two in the afternoon and as follows–

AM– Glenn Hoddle, Nigel Pearson
PM– Ian Crook, Peter Reid

Duffy''s interview will be at Carrow Road on Thursday.

The Board were surprised at Hoddles application but do not think they can offer him the funds or salary he would likely expect–hence his being first. Crook may well end up being offered an Assistant Manager role, though Duffy has expressed a desire for BRyan Gunn in that position. Peter Reid fits the bill with his record of promotions, though the Board are worried he has been out of the game for too long.

Pearson is the big outsider, he was recommended to the Board and Ms Smith by Sir Bobby Robson.

Mate on the Norwich City board
he says Richard Money, Sean O''Driscoll and Peter Taylor being interviewed

Well, at least it''s a bit more to chat about at lunchtime, eh?[:)]

OTBC

Will they never learn?

Whoever the manager is, and I might well be disappointed with the appointment - all I will do is remember who put him there, and the one before him, before him, before him.

A measure of the board''s ambitons and intentions for our club.

I don''t think it will be Duffy. The interviews start tomorrow, and the board do appear to realise they CANNOT fob us off this time. They will go for an experienced manager this time around. Dunno who, but I''m certain we won''t be going for someone with no or limited experience.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Will they never learn? Whoever the manager is, and I might well be disappointed with the appointment - all I will do is remember who put him there, and the one before him, before him, before him. A measure of the board''s ambitons and intentions for our club.[/quote]

It would certainly appear not!!

I am preparing myself to be disappointed as this board of ours take a gamble on a cheap option again, just got a horrible feeling it will be Duffy.

They must surely be aware of the potential fallout if they get this one wrong!!