Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Would Mike Walker be an option?

Just a thought, he is still only 61 and not coaching at the moment. We did play some great football under his management.Somehow, I think some of you will disagree.

too old im afraid... a Legend in my eyes and not given the freedom of the city yet... Sort it out Blower! you are the Mayor after all!

jas :)

I don''t think age is a problem...A.L.E.X. F.E.RG.U.S.O.N. But the fact he''s been out of the game might not be in his favour.

No. I think the man had enough personal problem linked to Norwich to give it a miss in the highly unlikely event he was offered the post again. Based in Cyprus, I believe.

Yes - why not!.

A Manager proven to be incapable of building his own team, & who will jump ship as soon as a better offer comes along.

He made the following comment after being sacked by Smith:

''You were allowed an opinion at Norwich, as long as that opinion was the same as Delia''s''.

Yes - perfect man for the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Doesn''t he live in Cyprus now and was said to be settled there with no intention of returning to England?I could well have dreamt that, but I''m sure I read it somewhere.

Would love Mike Walker back in the dug-out.  The man should never have been allowed to leave the club.... if Chase would''ve looked after him properly the first time, he would never have gone!

[quote user="FramCanary"]

Yes - why not!.

A Manager proven to be incapable of building his own team, & who will jump ship as soon as a better offer comes along.

''You were allowed an opinion at Norwich, as long as that opinion was the same as Delia''s''.

[/quote]

and how right he''s been proven! If Walker did indeed say that then 10 years ago the warning signs were there!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="FramCanary"]

Yes - why not!.

[/quote]

and how right he''s been proven! If Walker did indeed say that then 10 years ago the warning signs were there!

[/quote]

So lets go back over the last 10 years and pick out the pieces we choose in order to fuel a hate campaign against Delia Smith. And while we are about it we will give Mike Walker a sainthood.

Mike Walker was a good manager for us first time around, but he thought he was bigger than the club and fell out with Chase and then jumped ship when he knew he could walk straight into a job with Everton. He failed at Everton and was brought back here after Chase in an attempt to re-unite the fans and club.  During his first season we had an awful run of 10 games without a win including successive away defeats of 5-1 at WBA followed by 6-1 at Port Vale. In his second season a run of 14 games without a win including a 5-0 defeat at piswich left us in real danger of being relegated before we finished the season with the two 5-0 home wins he is now remembered for. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="FramCanary"]

Yes - why not!.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So lets go back over the last 10 years and pick out the pieces we choose in order to fuel a hate campaign against Delia Smith. And while we are about it we will give Mike Walker a sainthood.

Mike Walker was a good manager for us first time around, but he thought he was bigger than the club and fell out with Chase and then jumped ship when he knew he could walk straight into a job with Everton. He failed at Everton and was brought back here after Chase in an attempt to re-unite the fans and club.  During his first season we had an awful run of 10 games without a win including successive away defeats of 5-1 at WBA followed by 6-1 at Port Vale. In his second season a run of 14 games without a win including a 5-0 defeat at piswich left us in real danger of being relegated before we finished the season with the two 5-0 home wins he is now remembered for. 

[/quote]

It''s not hate. It''s just incompetence. And you know it.

DWJ and MWJ are ruining our club. And you know it.

Who will ''re-unite the club'' after them?

OTBC