Sign in to follow this  
canarychris

Joe Royle Interviewed

Right, as you will know i don''t do rumours just opinions however i learned some info tonight that may be of interest.

Joe Royle was apparently interviewed on Monday after Pullis had decided he wasn''t interested, i''m not saying he''ll be the new manager but he is certainly under serious consideration.

Joe was a City legend long before any blue trash involvement...................thats why I would have no problems with him...........I''ve seen him play in yellow and green!.

And thats good enough for me.

Does this mean we can start singing the song about the shape of his head again?  I did like that one.

me to wizz, he has a great record, oldham promotion-everton f.a cup-mancity promotion twice,and ipswich in the play-offs two years running and having to sell his best players at the end of each season.  for me its littbaski/crook or royle. jewal/bruce wont come,allen to much like grant. pullis unlikly to leave stoke. hoddle maybe?  so it leaves us with 3 options, littbaski/crook -royal or hoddle.  and i would support all of them!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="ncfc1"]If we cannot do any better than that blue scummer its time to give up .[/quote]

What makes you think were going to do any better than that blue scummer? The cook and her cohorts havent exactly got a good track record. Any cheap tw@t will do.  

My concern on the subject of BFJ wouild be two fold:

1. At ITFC he said that was his ''last job in football'' so if he comes here we need to be 100% sure it''s for the right reasons i.e. NOT just to pick up one final contract. Has he got the drive and steel to make some very hard decisions here (like shipping out Hucks - if necessary).
  2. Succession planning will be vital - ok he could go on like Alex Ferguson or Bobby Robson but more likely is that he will do a two year stint and then we go through all these games again. Bringing his old mate Wille Donnachie (just left Millwall) would be bad news IMO. If he brought in a Tony Adams type person who could be groomed to take over in a couple of years then it might be fine.  

How 1st wiz can say he would have no problems with royle is a mystery. He is obviously not a supporter otherwise i''m sure he

would remember the comments Royle made in the past

This may just be what we need at the moment, though it will scare those who think we can get out of trouble and play fancy dan. The Mike Walker comment may also shock a few posters!!!

The Dogs of War

Some Evertonians enjoy ridiculing the achievements of Joe Royle as Everton manager.  I find that a terrible indictment of the self-proclaimed "most-knowledgeable fans" accolade: winning the Cup in 1995, and finishing 6th in 1996...  Oh for success like that again!

One phrase from that now-distant era became engrained in Everton folklore and stamped on the hearts and minds of those who witnessed the dogged determination that ensured some rare success for Everton: the Dogs of War.

The Dogs of War midfield consisted of:

• the ever-chasing but skill-wise lacking John Ebbrell

• the industrious true-blue Barry Horne who was on an amazing Indian summer 

• and the best defensive midfielder that Everton have had for decades by a country mile, Joe Parkinson

Everton''s defensive strength in midfield were supplemented by one wide player, Andy Hinchcliffe, on the left side.  As full-back, he provided the cover needed to supplement the midfield wall, and going forward, his dead-ball deliveries proved vital in creating the goals that produced some very unlikely victories. 

The dogs of war midfield began with the 2-0 win over Liverpool when Joe Royle took over from the dreadful Mike Walker[;)].  It operated for most of that tumultuous 1994-95 season, and was a vital building block for Everton''s rare top-six finish the next season.  In an interview with the Swedish television on the day when Duncan Ferguson''s excellent headed goal beat Manchester United at Goodison Park, Anders  Limpar said that he didn''t expect to figure a lot in the team because Joe Royle wanted to play the "slitvargarna" (a Swedish expression meaning to play like wolves rather than dogs).  

Joe Royle originated the Dogs of War catchphrase almost unintentionally and later with much regret as it dogged his efforts to elevate the standard of Everton''s football once rose above the relegation zone, and the need for such backs-to-the-wall defensive solidity was much reduced. 

[quote user="inspector"]

How 1st wiz can say he would have no problems with royle is a mystery. He is obviously not a supporter otherwise i''m sure he

would remember the comments Royle made in the past

[/quote]

As I cheered Joe Royle on playing in HIS City shirt from the Barclay Stand, that makes me a supporter, inspector. Only non or ignorant fans would deny Royle''s playing record with us!.

I quote Capt Mainwaring here:   You stupid boy![:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

As I cheered Joe Royle on playing in HIS City shirt from the Barclay Stand, that makes me a supporter, inspector. Only non or ignorant fans would deny Royle''s playing record with us!.

[/quote]

Exactly, Wiz.  People seem to have forgotten/are too ignorant to realise that Joe Royle was a City legend long before he managed the Binmen.  I would welcome him as the new manager, and he''d definitely get us playing again.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Joe was a City legend long before any blue trash involvement...................thats why I would have no problems with him...........I''ve seen him play in yellow and green!.

And thats good enough for me.

[/quote]

You''re older than I thought ''Wiz Old Man''

[quote user="canarychris"]

Right, as you will know i don''t do rumours just opinions however i learned some info tonight that may be of interest.

Joe Royle was apparently interviewed on Monday after Pullis had decided he wasn''t interested, i''m not saying he''ll be the new manager but he is certainly under serious consideration.

[/quote]

Well that info turned out to be good didn''t it ?  I wish people would stop posting rubbish like '' I dont normally do this but XXXX is being interviewed and is the boards first choice yadda yadda yadda''

99.5% of people on here no nothing about who will be our new manager.

Sorry guys, looks like i''ve been mislead - won''t be relying on that source anymore.

Anyway i had a piece of Steve Tilson at 33/1 so i''m not to unhappy that another candidate has been ruled out!!!