Sign in to follow this  
0ridgemanddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Palace v Norwich

Last Monday Palace sacked their manager and by Thursday they had appointed a high profile candidate. On Tuesday Norwich parted company with their manager and one week later nothing. The board have gone into hiding the Chief Exec has gone very quiet.

It seems to me that the club is unable to turn around our decline and all those in power are to blame, should they continue to drag their feet it may well be that managers that are out of work will be in employment before they make a decision.

Norwich City = Prudence       Crystal Palace = Ambition 

Whilst the NCFC board are not exactly doing them or anyone else any favours, i hope we make the right choice...unlike Palace![;)]

How do you know that the board aren''t locked in talks with a high profile manager and/or wrestling him out of a contract with his current club which is why it''s taking so long? Maybe even taking that little bit longer just to make sure they 100% make the right decision? I''d rather that than a knee-jerk, take-the-first-manager-that-comes-along aproach.God, the board really do get slagged off for everything - now it''s because they''re taking too long to appoint a manager.

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Last Monday Palace sacked their manager and by Thursday they had appointed a high profile candidate. On Tuesday Norwich parted company with their manager and one week later nothing. The board have gone into hiding the Chief Exec has gone very quiet.

It seems to me that the club is unable to turn around our decline and all those in power are to blame, should they continue to drag their feet it may well be that managers that are out of work will be in employment before they make a decision.

Norwich City = Prudence       Crystal Palace = Ambition 

[/quote]

Well they have just been taken over by two of the richest people in the world !

And we have delia !

God i wish this board would just go.

As to the high profile people interested in the job, who are they ?

Because they cant be from the football world, because every decent name we have been linked with seems to ( rightly ) want nothing to do with us.

And that iam affraid is due to the board, not the club , players or fans.

Dont kid yourselfs people, were not some little old club, we have gates well over 20000 every week, thats better than half the premiership teams !!

This board lacks vision and ambition, i fear we have been towing the prudence line so long, we cant see the wood for the trees !!!

main points

norwich board and fans all saying dont want him dont want him i.e warnock

palace fans/board knows he born winner and that he got sheffutd promoted through this league 2yrs ago

you are all fickle, yes warnock isnt the "paul jewell" you want

but he would done hell of a good job for you

[quote]Well they have just been taken over by two of the richest people in the world ![/quote]Er, no, you''re thinking of Queens'' Park Rangers, who have just been taken over by Flavio Briotore and Bernie Ecclestone.  Simon Jordan still owns Palace.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]

So looking back over the last few years precisely what has Palace''s ''ambition'' achieved compared to our ''prudence''?

Seems to me that the results have been remarkably similar.

[/quote]

That''s a good point.

Also, I''m sure last year some fans were pointing to Derby as an example of a club with ambition/decent manager after splashing the cash to buy Steve Howard, yet they don''t currently show any signs of making any more of a fist of staying in the Premiership than we did. Perhaps they might yet turn it around, but it does seem to me that finding that successful formula isn''t as easy peasy as many footy fans seem to think.