Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

The bookies know something

Had a chat with bet365 and when I asked why betting has been suspened told it was a trading decision and no further comment was available only that this is a common practice in sports betting, suggests to me they know something.  Anyway I asked if it will be reopned and the reply was maybe in the morning, so I asked why and the answer was no specific reason.  They went on to say it may not be reopened and it was hard to comment.  I said it sounds to me like you know something, some inside information and it wasn''t denied the answer was okay.  So make of all that what you will, but it wouldn''t be a great shock if the betting was reopned with a new favourite.  My advice keep an eye on bet 365 as those new odds may tell us all we need to know about the new manager.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]Had a chat with bet365 and when I asked why betting has been suspened told it was a trading decision and no further comment was available only that this is a common practice in sports betting, suggests to me they know something.  Anyway I asked if it will be reopned and the reply was maybe in the morning, so I asked why and the answer was no specific reason.  They went on to say it may not be reopened and it was hard to comment.  I said it sounds to me like you know something, some inside information and it wasn''t denied the answer was okay.  So make of all that what you will, but it wouldn''t be a great shock if the betting was reopned with a new favourite.  My advice keep an eye on bet 365 as those new odds may tell us all we need to know about the new manager.[/quote]

I believe it has something to do with Stoke City manager Tony Pulis being named as a possible contender. Stoke City is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bet365.  If Pulis is formally ruled out then perhaps betting will reopen.

Might it be connected to the comment made by Mr Gunn in an interview broadcast on Radio Norfolk this morning?  In response to a question regarding his aspirations to a coaching role under Jim Duffy, he replied "Jim and I will discuss it".  This may of course just relate to the current temporary situation with reference to the game against Bristol City.  I sincerely hope so.  If the board do appoint Duffy it will send out all the wrong signals to the supporters who are desperate for an appointment that reflects the ambition so often stated by the board.  Regarding the fan''s perception of the board''s ambition (on a scale of 1 to 10), where would the appointment of Jim Duffy sit in relation to either Steve Bruce or Paul Jewell for example?  

I guess anything is possible but I can''t for the life of me understand why the board would appoint Duffy if he is already caretaker. Surely the only way Duffy could get the job would be to earn it and force their hand in the way Worthington did?