Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

Time to worry.

Why is it we cant draw top managers or players to this club, it is now a major concern, please dont give me this geography nonsense, i travel many miles in my job daily and we aint cut off no more.

I question the boards ambition and skills at negotiating. Its easy, target your man and do what it takes to get him, stop being nice, be ruthless, if you have to step on toes then do so, make the target know he is wanted.

I have been to every city in the uk in my job and Norwich is a nice place to bring up a family and live, sell it to the candidate, blimey if players and managers will go to places like middlesboro, then should run here, and yes i know they are in the premier, so were we and things did not change.

If needed bring in someone with negotiating skills we seem to lack to do the job our board seem incapable of doing.

It is now a real worry, i can see Duffy or Dublin on the horizon either would be a major disaster imo, remember i warned against Grant.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

Why is it we cant draw top managers or players to this club, it is now a major concern, please dont give me this geography nonsense, i travel many miles in my job daily and we aint cut off no more.

I question the boards ambition and skills at negotiating. Its easy, target your man and do what it takes to get him, stop being nice, be ruthless, if you have to step on toes then do so, make the target know he is wanted.

I have been to every city in the uk in my job and Norwich is a nice place to bring up a family and live, sell it to the candidate, blimey if players and managers will go to places like middlesboro, then should run here, and yes i know they are in the premier, so were we and things did not change.

If needed bring in someone with negotiating skills we seem to lack to do the job our board seem incapable of doing.

It is now a real worry, i can see Duffy or Dublin on the horizon either would be a major disaster imo, remember i warned against Grant.

[/quote]

Norfolk and Norwich in particular is no barrier for a person of "managerial age"........so the squit about the wags'' shopping needs are even more nosensical.......It''s a great place for families and has much to offer....but the job right now is a poison challice.

We may love the club because it is part of us....but for a potential club manager it is purely a job.  They aren''t daft and are not affected by the "emotion" card like us......

So we end up back to the root cause.....under Smith NCFC is a joke and no-one in their right mind will touch it. Don''t you think also that Grant...Worthington...Boothroyd etc. haven''t been privately consulted by prospective applicants?

[quote]

Don''t you think also that Grant...Worthington...Boothroyd etc. haven''t been privately consulted by prospective applicants?

[/quote]

Probably why the candidates are explicitly ruling themselves out instead of being non-committal

I to am worried, I warned many people many times after portman rd last year that Grant would single handedley relegate Norwich City, my worry is that having got rid of him at last , the board at not doing enough to get the right man in. we must sell the club better, We do have something good to sell after all, but unless they get this right we will not have.

[quote user="jim blair"]I to am worried, I warned many people many times after portman rd last year that Grant would single handedley relegate Norwich City, my worry is that having got rid of him at last , the board at not doing enough to get the right man in. we must sell the club better, We do have something good to sell after all, but unless they get this right we will not have.[/quote]

This begs the question though....is there actually a "right man" out there?

The squad has been totally decimated and there is no cash available without adding to our already massive debt. I really don''t think Smith and Co. can dig themselves out of this one and so whoever comes along will be just another scapegoat awaiting slaughter........

I already feel sorry for him....