Sign in to follow this  
blacko

predictions fro relegation

We all know its going to be tough. I personally don''t think we will be relegated next year, my three are Everton, Palace and West Brom. What do you think?

I''d be pretty worried if I was a Man City fan too, or Fulham, or Portsmouth. Or us.

Ama

Personally I think we wll be relegated, so I''m not deluding myself I hope for the clubs sake I am wrong and we can go onto establish ourselves in the top flight of the worlds most competitive league.

Saw a reprise of season 1992/3 on Sky and how that team played it made you proud, little Norwich tearing up trees, oh for that again.

I think we will struggle defensively although I admire the qualities of our back four thaty served so magnificently last season, I can''t see us scoring too many goals, Huckerby prove me wrong and prove you are Premiership Class.

West Brom and Palace for sure and I hope youre spot on about Everton, they deserve to go, how wrong I would like to be, and I am so often.

Lets face it the top 5 will be arsenal, chelsea, man u, liverpool and newcastel (in any order).
apart from that we can beat anyone (these top 5 have their off days too) so why be pessimistic.
we could finish anywhere from 6th to 20th.
I''m praying that Everton go down. I''ve never forgiven them for their part in our relegation in the 80s let alone last years events and surely its their turn!
Apart from that I don''t care who goes down as long as its not us.

Please tell me that this is not your real name, Hugh! It reminds me (to a lesser degree) of someone I used to know whose surname was King and whose first name was Lee!

P.S. I truly believe we will survive next season. By how much I wouldn''t like to say, but I just have this real feeling that we''ll be ok. I hope my feeling hasn''t been numbed by the dentist''s drill, or that I''m still delusional after the nitrous oxide!

I don''t really see why pundits are predicting relegation. If my memory serves me corectly a promoted team has finished 14th or above every year since 2000, and we were far and away the best side last year. We were top of the league from Portman Road to the end of the season.

We gave Chelsea a good game and got a draw a few years ago, partly due to the Intimidating atmosphere of Carrow Road. I think with confidence still high we are in a better state than teams such as Man City (mangaer who let go of huckerby! fool! especially when his side coundn''t score for shit, no tactical knowledge), Everton (if they loose Rooney), , Portsmouth (manager-chairman hate eachother) and many more on our day.

Anyway this is just biased ranting on my part but I''d like to say that we all need to get 100% behind the team. Making every game seem like a cup final, I still remember boos at half time this season. I know we want to get our opinions heard but will some of the moaners remember where we were a few years ago, and the poor performances week after week. If we''re always making noise it will intimidate the opposition and boost our lads. I was delighted when the snakepit played a key part in getting the diving twat Etherington of West Ham sent off, for his corner taking shenanigans.

Hugh, have you heard from your mate Seymour Butts recently?

As for relegation? Palace, Portsmouth and West Brom. Although I''d just love to see Spurs and Everton go down.

Or indeed, Ivor Biggun.

Palace, West Brom and Blackburn to go down.

Sale of Rooney, and probably Gravesen, will provide eneough money to keep Everton up.

We''ll stay up IF we get that slice of luck that we''ve enjoyed this season (Bent''s shot hitting the bar and coming out again, Neal barry''s positioning in the Reading game, etc.).
Certainly, it won''t be for the want of trying on the part of the players, management of supporters.

Like a group of 6-7 clubs we have the opportunity to stay up but this season will be a long hard slog with our outcome being decided over the last 3-4 games.

We do need to strengthen the defence and get a bit of creativity in midfield. I am less concerned about our strike force - Leon and Hux are my preferred pairing at the moment, pace movement and strength worries all defences and this pairing would have it in abundance - we just need some midfield guile to feed them.

There is normally a team that out performs and again we have the possibility of being that team next season - however with the current known squad we will struggle to be that side. There is also a surprise team that drops down unexpectedly - Spurs could be that team this year - it wont be us.

One thing we cant do is just focus on finishing top of the relegation candidates league - Leeds did that last season and it did them no favours at all - we have to pick up points against the UEFA challengers as well as our fellow relegation possibles - for that is what we are - a possible relegation team.

Realistically I feel it is 50/50 that we survive - 17th would be a superb result - and a less than 20% chance that we finished 16th or above.

That said I cant wait for the season to get under way and I will remain 100% behind the team on match days irrespctive of our position or pereformances. But I will still voice my opinion on team & tactical changes midweek - Bring on the Eagles!

OTBC