Sign in to follow this  
nolegs

jarvis/peterborough loan

just heard that jarvis is going to peterborough on loan,anyone else heard the same?

Can only be a good thing. Jarvis gets first team experience and peterborough get a quality player for a bit. He''s one to hang on to though so it better not become a permanent deal!!

Do him good too, keep him sharp and he should get regular 1st team football. Whereas if he went to a higher league club he may not get that

I forgot to say looked on a scum web site yesterday and they said they too are playing Peterborough in a friendly and are being charged £16 per ticket. Incredibly steep if you ask me. Are we the same does anyone know?

Now that would be a good idea. Hey, we''re really getting somewhere if its our turn to loan out promising youngsters. Nice one.

Ama

Don''t agree will learn more from being involved with better standard of player, too risky letting Div 2 or whatever cloggers try to teach the kid a lesson, certainly better standard reserve opposition will help in RJ development and occasional place on the bench will do his confidence more benefit.

I can''t think of a more perfect move for Jarvis. He''ll gain valuble first team experience, and Posh will gain a great young player.
It will also bolster the link between the two clubs, it''s always good to have friends in football, especially if we have first dibs on their next good up and coming player - whoever the youth coach is there, they''re doing a great job.

With the current size of our squad, i would have thought Jarvis is needed here. We do not carry enough staff to farm out players to smaller clubs. Especially if those clubs will probably expect us to cough up the players pay whilst on loan.

I am interested to see how good he is. If he''s as good as most people on this board and in Norfolk think, then he''ll set Div 2 alight.

However, the most promising youngsters cannot be left out of any team, so I honestly wonder just how good he really is. Put it this way, if he really was the new Rooney/Owen then we would not even be having this David Johnson discussion.

I think a season at another club will do him a lot of good, and allow us to assess his potential properly. Without donning the yellow and green "wonderkid" specs.

charlies dad we would have it in the contract that he could be brought back if we had an injury crisis

Although I think its a all round good deal, we have to remember our reserve team will be playing a higher standard of football than they have previously played and this could be just as worthwhile experience as div 2, the old div 3 or league 1 as its now called!

Good point, but we cant entertain anybody courting our players until such a time as we know for sure we have sufficient numbers in the squad to cope adequately with our fixture committments. Dont forget the reserves are stepping up a gear as well.. regular fixtures. We dont have a squad big enough to cover that at the moment.

Although sometimes agree with loaning out players, agree with Charlie´s Dad that we don´´t really know where we stand squad-wise. Also, our coaching and training facilities seem to be pretty good, and this coupled by the higher standard of reserve team football may mean he is as well staying.

Where is the sense in sending him out to play against div 2 defenders, when he is hopefully going to play against Premiership equivalent players in the reserves. Let Jarvis continue to gain experience at Norwich and not some div 2 side. I also think Jarvis and Shackell will get an opportunity to play in the first team this season.

lookinjg at the squad numbers announced today, i counted 21 senior pros. That figure includes Zema Abbey, who has a 2 month contract, and Mark Rivers, who conventional wisdom states is on his way. As it stands our reserve team will be taking on the Arsenal with a bunch of 15 year old boys. Thats even if we do sign 2 more players.