Sign in to follow this  
staffordshire canary

BET ON NEWELL

How extremely unlikely.

If Newell was made manager, however, the Carrow Road attendances would be boosted by six members of the Shyster family forthwith. 

[quote user="geo374"]

That would be the worst appointment ever!

[/quote]

Er - why?

Newell did a great job at Luton producing teams who played some super football. It was only when player after player was sold that ''the wheels fell off''. So what if he made some off the cuff, non ''politically correct'' remarks. All I''m concerned about is his ability as a football manager and if our Board have any sense then that is all they should be concerned with as well. If Newell got the job I''d be well pleased.

[quote user="staffordshire canary"]MIKE NEWELL TO BE NAMED HAS NEW MANAGER[/quote]

I reckon we are now talking a straight race between Newell and Allen, with only Ince or Penney as possible outsiders.

Mark .Y.

I''d happily have Newell as manager - let''s face it, not many people want this job and he is about as best as we are likely to get - I don''t care about his views on women refs - I want someone who can do a decent job and he would.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="geo374"]

That would be the worst appointment ever!

[/quote]

Er - why?

Newell did a great job at Luton producing teams who played some super football. It was only when player after player was sold that ''the wheels fell off''. So what if he made some off the cuff, non ''politically correct'' remarks. All I''m concerned about is his ability as a football manager and if our Board have any sense then that is all they should be concerned with as well. If Newell got the job I''d be well pleased.

[/quote]

Well Said!

[quote user="komakino"]I''d happily have Newell as manager - let''s face it, not many people want this job and he is about as best as we are likely to get - I don''t care about his views on women refs - I want someone who can do a decent job and he would.[/quote]

Agreed!!

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]And why was he known as Mr. 10% at Luton?[/quote]

Why don''t you tell us?

And while you''re at it was the allegation actually proved anyway??

I''m not disputing Newell''s qualities but I wonder whether our Board, who I believe like to try to keep the club out of the scandal pages of the papers, might think that he''s made life a bit difficult for himself with the 10% allegations, his sexist comments and the fact that there might be agents unwilling to deal with him after his bung allegations.

Barry Brockes wrote:

And why was he known as Mr. 10% at Luton?

Why don''t you tell us?

And while you''re at it was the allegation actually proved anyway??

So brian Clough wasnt a good manager after all he was known as the original Mr 10% even at Testomonials i was told

Watch the mighty Millwall or Gillingham get Newell while we wind up with Duffy. 

It will be inexcusable if either of the afforementioned clubs get him over us.

used to live in luton so knew a lot of Luton fans,they loved him and no matter what happened behind the scenes at the club, Newell was and is a first rate manager.love him to be unveiled tomorrow