Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Peter Reid

Neil Adams says that Peter Reid is what Norwich City need?  Do we need him? What would the reactions be if he is given the job? good or bad? I think he could do a job for us but he has been out of work for a while. Time will tell.

that would be an interesting combination. but would it work? or will sammy end up at newcastle with big sam?

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]the same peter reid who was awful at both leeds and coventry, the same peter reid whose three tactics are

1: shout a lot

2: hit the ball upto a big man

3: shout a lot more

Really the worst choice we could make.[/quote]Also the asme peter Ried that:

Got Man City to 5th in the top flight twice in a row (1990,1991)Manager of the season twice in a row (1995,1996)Got sunderland promoted twice (1996, 1999) winning with a record goal count the second timeGot Sunderland to the playoffs (1998)Manager of the season twice in a row (1995,1996)

The sucesses far out way the faliures with Leeds and Coventry (but common Leeds? They were a doomed shiip when he took over) He has been out of the game for a bit which is a concern but some people really need to start smiling. Your lives must be so miserbale by always looking at the dark side. There are better managers out there but there are some that would be a hell of alot worse for us!

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"]Got Man City to 5th in the top flight twice in a row (1990,1991)Manager of the season twice in a row (1995,1996)Got sunderland promoted twice (1996, 1999) winning with a record goal count the second timeGot Sunderland to the playoffs (1998)Manager of the season twice in a row (1995,1996)[/quote]Manager of the season I meant to cut and paste up so it ran consecutively but must have copied and pasted. I wasn''t trying to make it look like he achieved more than he did :op

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"][quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]the same peter reid who was awful at both leeds and coventry, the same peter reid whose three tactics are 1: shout a lot 2: hit the ball upto a big man 3: shout a lot more Really the worst choice we could make.[/quote]

Also the asme peter Ried that:

Got Man City to 5th in the top flight twice in a row (1990,1991)
Manager of the season twice in a row (1995,1996)
Got sunderland promoted twice (1996, 1999) winning with a record goal count the second time
Got Sunderland to the playoffs (1998)

The sucesses far out way the faliures with Leeds and Coventry (but common Leeds? They were a doomed shiip when he took over) He has been out of the game for a bit which is a concern but some people really need to start smiling. Your lives must be so miserbale by always looking at the dark side. There are better managers out there but there are some that would be a hell of alot worse for us!
[/quote]

Actually PJ this is the same Peter Reid that Neil Doncaster brings up as an example of a bad appointment by Coventry, when quizzed about his own appointment of the utterly appalling disaster Peter Grant!!

Oh the irony if they put him in charge.   Having said that he was always a decent manager until given 25 million which he wasted abysmally at Sunderland!!  Been on the slide ever since.

i myself wouldnt want him or prefer him

he either does brill or rubbish

i will disagree with you at leeds

he did well to keep them up that year after selling whole squad to bring in loans such as raul bravo n roque juniour he must of done well to keep them up

my leeds mate also said he felt leeds were harsh n rash on sacking him

coventry didnt do that great last time though

I''d be happy if we managed to get Peter Reid.  He has a better track reord than some previous Norwich Managers, and given time I think he could be successful at City.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="PJ Bimbo"][quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]the same peter reid who was awful at both leeds and coventry, the same peter reid whose three tactics are 1: shout a lot 2: hit the ball upto a big man 3: shout a lot more Really the worst choice we could make.[/quote]

Also the asme peter Ried that:

Got Man City to 5th in the top flight twice in a row (1990,1991)
Got sunderland promoted twice (1996, 1999) winning with a record goal count the second time
Got Sunderland to the playoffs (1998)

[/quote]

Actually PJ this is the same Peter Reid that Neil Doncaster brings up as an example of a bad appointment by Coventry, when quizzed about his own appointment of the utterly appalling disaster Peter Grant!!

Oh the irony if they put him in charge.   Having said that he was always a decent manager until given 25 million which he wasted abysmally at Sunderland!!  Been on the slide ever since.

[/quote]In that case he could be an awesome choice as there is zero chance of him being given 2.5 million let alone 25 million to spend!

In reality, I''d be perfeclty happy with Reid, I think he''s a decent manager with experience and passion for the game. I think he''s pretty much exactly what everyone has been asking for (Ie experience at this level is undeniable) but some people and I''m picking nobody in particular just general City fans - won''t be happy unless we appoint Mr Mourinho and even then I''m sure they''d complain about the wages he''d require!

I''d take Peter Reid any day over Glenn Hoddle, Colin (I know he''s got a job now) and their ilk.

well from someone who watched a lot of sunderland under peter reid I can see no plus points to his appointment. Even when the club was third he never really had all the fans on side, he did well at sunderland because he had quinn and philips in their prime. You have to note that as well as he did at sunderland wasn''t he the same manager who also lead them to their worst season in premier history with limited points. His game is all lng ball and his actics what they are well out of touch with the modern game.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Having said that he was always a decent manager until given 25 million which he wasted abysmally at Sunderland!![/quote]

Well no chance of that happening here, so we should be OK! [:P]

forget about Peter Reid, after all i had a reply to a question about the managers job from Doncaster where he mentioned Reid was a disaster at Coventry, so i think that would rule him out too.

[quote user="anothatracksuitmanager"]wasn''t he the same manager who also lead them to their worst season in premier history with limited points.[/quote]No...that I think was Mick McCarthy.

your right on that pj but honestly having seen lots of his sides in action he is such a negative manager who got lucky that season by having quinn and philips we really could do better, a manager whose tactics are of the time.