Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

Why do all the potential manager's keep ruling themselves out?

I am sure that when manager''s get interviews or there''s speculation with them about a new job that they usually say no comment. Why do all our potential candiates just rule themselves out so quickly? I am concerned we are running out of options, and why can''t we attract managers who are out of work?

There is a serious credibility issue with NCFC under the current regime. A quality manager would fear for his reputation...and ambitious young managers will see the club as a banana skin.

Enter the likes of Grant or an old hand in need of an income.

If reports and comments in the press are to be believed then those who are in the betting who appear not to have ruled themselves out are:

Crook, Bruce, Dublin, Bowen, Duffy, Newell, Reid, Taylor, Mackay, Penney, Pearson, Pearce, Williams, Tilson and Graham. Take out those with no managerial experience PLEASE BOARD and we are left with 

Bruce, Newell, Reid, Taylor, Penney, Pearce, Geraint Williams, Tilson and Graham

Take out those who are ''past it'' which leaves

Bruce, Newell, Taylor, Penney, Pearce, Williams, and Tilson

Take out those who are most unlikely to be interested and we have

Newell, Taylor, Penney, Williams, and Tilson

Take your pick (or of course the Board may pull a completely unexpected rabbit out of the hat). .  

NCFC isn''t an attractive propostion right now for various reasons, which is why we are struggling to get the right man. However, with a change of board and some extra finance, it could become a much better one, though I don''t believe nothing will significantly change until Delia ''I saved this club [no you didn''t] Smith'' is gone.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

If reports and comments in the press are to be believed then those who are in the betting who appear not to have ruled themselves out are:

Crook, Bruce, Dublin, Bowen, Duffy, Newell, Reid, Taylor, Mackay, Penney, Pearson, Pearce, Williams, Tilson and Graham. Take out those with no managerial experience PLEASE BOARD and we are left with 

Bruce, Newell, Reid, Taylor, Penney, Pearce, Geraint Williams, Tilson and Graham

Take your pick (or of course the Board may pull a completely unexpected rabbit out of the hat). .  

[/quote]

Stop confusing the issue with facts! The man said ALL of the managers have ruled themselves out! It must the Carrow Road spin machine again! It must be! It must be! DELIA OUT!

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]

[/quote]

Stop confusing the issue with facts! The man said ALL of the managers have ruled themselves out! It must the Carrow Road spin machine again! It must be! It must be! DELIA OUT!

[/quote]

Take out the non-High Profile candidates and you are left with

The way i see it, i dont think the board know exactly how to attract a big name manager to a club like norwich!! The days of norwich playing pretty football from what ive seen this season have vanished!! No big name manager is going to want a club in the bottom 3 of the 2nd tier of english football! these are the names mentioned

Bruce - still employed at brum

keegan - out of the game 4 good

jewell , hoddle - probably shouldnt be in the game anyway!

allen - lower league management

reid - out of the game too long, doesnt know the market!

how about we mention some names that would probably do a good job at norwich who want back into the game but everyone seems to be overlooking, good managers that have had good reputations in the past!! ..........David O''leary anyone???

Well all I am saying is we were linked with jewell, jewell denies it, pulis etc. etc. Now I won''t be surpised tommorow to find that reid has said no. Now that is a bad thing because we are wittling down the candidates that are avaliable and will end up with duffy.What does that say about the club to future potential managers. The club wanted a new manager because of the grave situation, BUT didn''t want to splash any cash on a decent appointment even though they were in a serious problematic position in the league.Cluck you are right, future managers will look and think, "this is a ''newcastle'' job, i''ve got no chance have i?" and to add have no money and will get stuck without a job after their tenure has ended. Look at worthington, he did a great job at the club but alas he had no offers apart from a part time at leicster to keep them up which he did, and didn''t even get the job. Not good is it really. The board seriously have to answer this problem otherwise it''s league 1 here we come.

You have to remember that these manager have got families..... Maybe the wife doesn''t want to move or the kid is happy in the school he or she is in....

It''s not all about football!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

You have to remember that these manager have got families..... Maybe the wife doesn''t want to move or the kid is happy in the school he or she is in....

It''s not all about football!

[/quote]Aye that maybe true, and that''s nearly as bad as what I was mentioning. Most footballers and staff have other halfs and if they don''t want to go to norwich that really doesn''t help things out. I am just hoping that this is all some grand conspiracy and we''ll get a great manager in, but in reality it just aint is it?

i am guessing a lot of those managers are keen not to be rocking the boat with their current employers and fans,particularilly since a club would need to ask the permision of the former club for permission to talk.

It does however act as a guage as to the seriousness or accuracy of the speculation though.