Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

No go for Cullum.

Even though we heard the same thing over a week ago I see there is a piece on the pinkun home page stating that Mr Cullum Is not going to put money into the club according to an employee of his. Have you heard anything more on this JC? Must admit I''d still be surprised if something wasn''t going on behind the scenes, you seemed to have some good info which came from several different sources, I suppose they''re hardly likely to announce it to some journo on the phone even if there was something in it, we live in hope.

[quote user="ob1"]Oh no! Another conspiracy theory proved not to be true... NEXT![/quote]

Nothing is proved ob1.  But supposing it was, why are you so happy?  Very odd.

From the interview:-

While Cullum - the company''s executive chairman - was unavailable for interview, a spokesman for the company said: “He is a loyal supporter of Norwich City.

“He is obviously concerned, like any other Norwich supporter, about recent performances.

“But he has no intention of buying the club.”

Asked whether or not Cullum - who played for Norwich as a schoolboy and once faced Arsenal legend Charlie George in a match - might be considering some sort of financial input, the spokesman said: “No.”

Seriously, is this not categorical enough for everyone?

Now that Cullum has said that he won''t be investing in Norwich City FC....

How long before a story is manufactured saying that, as he has said he isn''t, and won''t be, that means he actually is?

And the whole thing starts over again.

This typifies just how difficult it is to get money into football at our level-the guy is so loaded, he''s ten Mack trucks rolled into one, but he doesn''t want to put any of his money into his favourite football club as he knows its money gone forever and one million, ten million, fifty million...he''ll never see again.

Now we know why he''s such a successful businessman-head rules heart, not the other way around. A bloody shame but there you go, maybe we can move on from the speculation, dreaming and fanstasies now!

If Delia and MWJ are to be bought out and new money put in-I can''t call it investment as it isn''t!-then I guess its the Turners or the status quo is maintained.

Out of interest, if anyone here had the blessing of being worth hundreds of millions...Would you not donate 20 million plus to your team? Small change that could make a massive difference?.

[quote user="Alex"]

Out of interest, if anyone here had the blessing of being worth hundreds of millions...Would you not donate 20 million plus to your team? Small change that could make a massive difference?.

[/quote]

I know I would. Worth £1 billion, give the club £20 million, why not? All I''d want in return would be a nice executive box for life and any new stand named after me!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Now that Cullum has said that he won''t be investing in Norwich City FC....

How long before a story is manufactured saying that, as he has said he isn''t, and won''t be, that means he actually is?

And the whole thing starts over again.

This typifies just how difficult it is to get money into football at our level-the guy is so loaded, he''s ten Mack trucks rolled into one, but he doesn''t want to put any of his money into his favourite football club as he knows its money gone forever and one million, ten million, fifty million...he''ll never see again.

Now we know why he''s such a successful businessman-head rules heart, not the other way around. A bloody shame but there you go, maybe we can move on from the speculation, dreaming and fanstasies now!

If Delia and MWJ are to be bought out and new money put in-I can''t call it investment as it isn''t!-then I guess its the Turners or the status quo is maintained.

[/quote]

I agree with what you are saying Old Shuck, particularly about the "head rules heart" thing............... But that does go to say that he really isn''t any kind of "fan" in the way we consider "fans". I.E. given many, many millions we would be prepared to put some of them (say, 6 or 7 out of 40 or so) into our club......................... this might not be a very popular thing to say but in the words of Roy Keane, Mr Cullum sounds very much like part of the prawn sandwich brigade.

Mark .Y.

He is currently concentrating on his company.

He would not flost and sell up just to buy Norwich.

If he retires and does do these things in eg 10 years than maybe his position will change.

But for now NCFC must concentrate on a manager and ffs why have we not got a coach yet!?!?

[quote user="Old Shuck"][quote user="Alex"]

[/quote]

I know I would. Worth £1 billion, give the club £20 million, why not? All I''d want in return would be a nice executive box for life and any new stand named after me!

[/quote]

I think there are fans, and there are FANS. With a billion or 2 to play with, I don''t think I''d hesitate to donate 20, 30 or 50 million to the club, especially at a time like now. Perhaps Mr Cullum just follows Norwich but isn''t a big fan, otherwise you''d think he might chip in?.

What a load of rot - just because the bloke has money he''s not a fan because he''s not giving it to Norwich City.

First consider the point that there are many many more worthwhile causes to give money to than Norwich City - if I had loads of money yeah sure buying Norwich and guiding them back to the Promised Land may be great, but hey also at the same time I could give just as much money and help starving children in Africa, or cancer research, aids relief, protecting endangered species and so on. Frankly I would hope that I would choose one of the latter options.

Secondly - he isn''t worth several billion yet - he might be in the future, but not right now. Right now his wealth is £700million. Let''s be clear on that - ''wealth'' not ''cash in the bank''. He doesn''t have that money lying around so he can have money fights like Monty Burns. He would have to sell assets to raise the capital to buy Norwich City, and since Norwich City is a black hole of money how much does he need to give - you say £50 million? That''s SEVEN PERCENT of the guys total worth at the moment. Bit extreme don''t you think?

My final point is very simple - the joy of being a football fan is simply the joy of being a football fan. I don''t know if Peter wants to worry about Norwich beyond how they''re performing on the pitch - does he want board meetings, demands from fans for more money, problems with managers, players, the highs and lows of promotion and relegation battles where he personally gets praise or blame? Once he puts a lot of money in he''d have to take a very keen interest in it. Changes the whole wya you look at the game really - maybe he''d be a saviour, bringing us to the promised land, but maybe a cash injection still wouldn''t have the desired effect, and we''d just see more complaints that he isn''t putting enough money in and that he''s not a proper fan and only in it for himself.

Basically I can see one reason to invest - the love of Norwich City, but I can see a whole lot more reasons why someone wouldn''t. It''s his choice, don''t criticise a guy you''ve probably never heard of because he isn''t living up to a rumour someone on an internet forum made up.

What I find interesting in the whole Callum affair is that it has been the fans who have made all the running on this issue - some even contacting the gentleman by email to see if there is any truth in the rumour. What ever else comes out of this, at least the guy knows there are a lot of people out here who would welcome him into the club.

But why has there been only silence from the club on the matter? Not even a "we''ve held talks with Peter about the possibility of investing in NCFC, but unfortunately at this point in time there is nothing doing" from the spin factory. Have they even tried? I guess we''ll never know. A real Callumity.

YH

[quote user="YellowIce"]

But for now NCFC must concentrate on a manager and ffs why have we not got a coach yet!?!?

[/quote]

because we dont have a manager!!!! Peter Grant felt he didnt need a coach.. just because we get rid of one doesnt mean we need to replace them does it?

If a new manager comes in he will probably bring in his own assistant, whether or not another coach would follow is entirely up to him... if he feels we dont need one then we wont get one.

jas :)

Am i the only one to smell the work of a Max Clifford Publicist at work here.Callum has raised the profile of his company several notches,had the sort of buisness writeups most buisnessmen would die for,all by having his name speculatively linked to an underperforming plc.

Its not suprising he is as rich as he is,all that publicity and it didn''t cost him a penny.