Sign in to follow this  
Napster cel Mare

Brum to Carrow Road

Having read the (general) twaddle bandied about by the seemingly fantasist/terminally morose contributors to this message board I feel obliged to add my two pennyworth.

Has no one switched on to the fact that Sullivan, Brady & Bruce et al are bailing out of Brum?  Carson Yeung wants full control and is paying a top price for it, does''nt want any other influence and is leaving this lot with a handsome ammount of cash to invest elswhere.

This Brum team work well as a team and have made clear their desire to continue to work together within football.

NCFC fit the bill perfectly for them to repeat there feats at minimal risk whilst pocketing a good profit.

Everyone, including Delia and Michael (and good luck to them, I say) are left content - the club is reinvigorated and all is well with the City once more....

No doubt some of the die hard professional Carrow Road Whingers will still find something to complain about and I doubt if Doncaster or Munby would fit into such an effective footballing orientated business environment - still you cant please all the people all the time!

Reality or fantasy football?

i posted this a week ago, sullivan wants a new club,one that is closer to essex,and last year he raved about a great support despite having yet another poor season. when all brum were getting was 18,000  and he and bruce were getting lots of stick after there poor start to last season. so yes i belive if the club would sell to him. then this could happen. but i cant see delia selling to an outsider,and we need a manager asap. so probible not.

[quote user="cartwheel"]i posted this a week ago, sullivan wants a new club,one that is closer to essex,and last year he raved about a great support despite having yet another poor season. when all brum were getting was 18,000  and he and bruce were getting lots of stick after there poor start to last season. so yes i belive if the club would sell to him. then this could happen. but i cant see delia selling to an outsider,and we need a manager asap. so probible not.[/quote]

Err . . . is Ipswich anywhere near Essex? 

That''s what I thought.  Oh dear . . .

I heard he was buying out a lower divison team to build up

cant remmber who but in league1 or top league 2 was a team with potential as well but not like a forest like a doncaster sort of team

if you were to get sullivan you would be proper sorted trust me, he one richest blokes in uk, he isnt tight on his money, backs a manager strongly

just look last year he funded 8m on jerome n mcsheffrey alone

Surely he''d be after buying either Southend or Colchester.  Just down the road, championship potential, Premiership in Colchesters'' case with a bit of extra money.  Aren''t they both trying to get new stadiums as well, or is that just Southend ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Surely he''d be after buying either Southend or Colchester.  Just down the road, championship potential, Premiership in Colchesters'' case with a bit of extra money.  Aren''t they both trying to get new stadiums as well, or is that just Southend ?
[/quote]

Colchester''s new stadium is being built as we speak. Drove past it a few weekends ago. Bit out of the way mind.

[quote user="cartwheel"]i posted this a week ago, sullivan wants a new club,one that is closer to essex,and last year he raved about a great support despite having yet another poor season. when all brum were getting was 18,000  and he and bruce were getting lots of stick after there poor start to last season. so yes i belive if the club would sell to him. then this could happen. but i cant see delia selling to an outsider,and we need a manager asap. so probible not.[/quote]

Delia wouldn''t sell to Sullivan on religious grounds

YH

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Wasn''t that after selling Jermaine Pennant and Emile Heskey for multiple millions, though?

[quote user="Lincoln Canary"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Wasn''t that after selling Jermaine Pennant and Emile Heskey for multiple millions, though?

[/quote]Did you expect him to chain them to the goal posts? (that might at least keep Heskey on his feet)  That''s the only way you''d have kept them out of the Prem.

We''re not talking about that clever little yellow car that can drive itself and catches baddies then? 

Shame, I''d like to have seen him at Carrow Road.  He has a lot of pace and might be able to do a job on the wing.

Why would an astute businessman choose Dipswich over City?  Their debt is significant - ours is purely operational and secured solidly.

Study what the man says and read between the lines.

His bailing out of Brum is not about travel whatsoever - its about profit.

Notwithstanding that Ongar to Norwich is around a two hour drive and North Weald to Norwich a 30 minute flight.

The ONLY thing NCFC needs is a solid backer with business acumen in the football field - we have the ground, the infrastructure and the fan base - a modest investment by the (soon to be ex) Brum team and they''d soon be seeing a healthy return.

If you were they, are you seriously suggesting Dipswich, Colchester or Southend offer a better investment opportunity for the money, or, are you truly as shrewd an operator and as far sighted as your nom de plume?

My point was in response to the implication that Sullivan funded the purchase of Jerome and McSheffrey. I''m saying the millions raised by selling Heskey & Pennant, rather than the depth of Sullivan''s pockets, funded the purchase of those players.

Re: Brum to Carrow Road

Reply Quote

Why would an astute businessman choose Dipswich over City?  Their debt is significant - ours is purely operational and secured solidly.

Study what the man says and read between the lines.

His bailing out of Brum is not about travel whatsoever - its about profit.

Notwithstanding that Ongar to Norwich is around a two hour drive and North Weald to Norwich a 30 minute flight.

The ONLY thing NCFC needs is a solid backer with business acumen in the football field - we have the ground, the infrastructure and the fan base - a modest investment by the (soon to be ex) Brum team and they''d soon be seeing a healthy return.

If you were they, are you seriously suggesting Dipswich, Colchester or Southend offer a better investment opportunity for the money, or, are you truly as shrewd an operator and as far sighted as your nom de plume?

PS My apologies for not not previously replying to the intended recipient.

I like the idea of Sullivan & Brady. However, I happen to work in Birmingham (amongst Blue-noses) and they would be delighted to see the back of Steve Bruce. In fact when we beat them 12 months ago (it seems a lot longer!!) they thought (and hoped) that would be the end of him.

It is his style of hoofing long-ball "football" that they dislike (apart from the moany voice) - that is the main reason for the low crowds at St.Andrews.