Sign in to follow this  
SYG

something different to talk about!

i think for the game against bristol city, we should play Strihavka and brown up front!

they looked ok, for the short period they played with each other against qpr!

i can''t see how we can keep leaving dave on the bench, he got two goals in the reserves and was the last one to score for us, so i cant see the plan in leaving him on the bench, maybe a new manager will give him his chance!

x

yes and by playing brown we wiill score no end of goals!!!! Thats sarcasm. sorry ian jst dont think he can cut it. mabey as a sub, he great at holding up the ball n everything but just doesnt have any flare! I want Martin and Strihavka to form a partnership! Prospects of that are far mouth  wattering dont you think!!??!!

I think Brown and Strihavka is the best way forward at the moment. At least they posed some problems for the QPR defence.

Martin was as bad as all the others on Monday!

Brown and Dave for me, certainly while Cureton is out of the frame.

To be honest if we''d had Kaka and Rooney up front they''d have struggled for us this season the way our midfield have been playing.

[quote user="Canary Ben"]yes and by playing brown we wiill score no end of goals!!!! Thats sarcasm. sorry ian jst dont think he can cut it. mabey as a sub, he great at holding up the ball n everything but just doesnt have any flare! I want Martin and Strihavka to form a partnership! Prospects of that are far mouth  wattering dont you think!!??!!
[/quote]

man u got it in for me today havnt you ha!

nah its ok, thats ur opinion, thats cool!

i just think like u said brown holds it up well and maybe he can make some good chances for dave!

i mean, nothing else has worked so far has it? so why not give it a chance!

x

I''d go with Stroganoff and Martin - as long as they get the service I think they''ll make a good partnership.  With Hux and Croft on the wings - they''ll get that service.  For me:

Marshall

Otsemobor, Shackell, Murray (no one else!), Drury

Croft, Russell, Jarvis, Hux

Stroganoff, Martin

not sure about Jarvis in the middle might need a little more bite, but we have no one.

[quote user="Ian Shimmen"]

[quote user="Canary Ben"]yes and by playing brown we wiill score no end of goals!!!! Thats sarcasm. sorry ian jst dont think he can cut it. mabey as a sub, he great at holding up the ball n everything but just doesnt have any flare! I want Martin and Strihavka to form a partnership! Prospects of that are far mouth  wattering dont you think!!??!! [/quote]

man u got it in for me today havnt you ha!

nah its ok, thats ur opinion, thats cool!

i just think like u said brown holds it up well and maybe he can make some good chances for dave!

i mean, nothing else has worked so far has it? so why not give it a chance!

x

[/quote]Thats a good point, pehaps your right thinking about it cause stivika and martin pehaps wouldnt be able to link play up in the same way. well thats something to ponder when i take the managment seat at carrow road. LOL Hope your doing ok mate

[quote user="Marty"]I agree, Martin was poor on Monday, two big guys up front might just work.[/quote]

Martin was only poor because he was effectively on his own with Hucks drifting out wide

Problem with playing    2 big men upfront, is that it may result in hoofball. If we do want to play more direct, i think we should take inspiration from Bolton (big sams era), where they played 4-3-3 with Davies and Pederson and Giannakapolous/Diouf up front and had speed/nolan/campo/okocha in midfield. I would suggest Russell Croft and Jarvis play the midfield and Hucks Strihavka and Martin the ''strikers''-huckerby would be a wideman same as diouf or stelios.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="Marty"]I agree, Martin was poor on Monday, two big guys up front might just work.[/quote]

Martin was only poor because he was effectively on his own with Hucks drifting out wide

[/quote]Agree entirely. Martin has a good football brain and good awareness. I think Martin should start with Dave in the absence of Cureton - he scored a fair few goals towards the end of last season and would pose a different threat to defenders. With Hucks and Croft providing ammunition from the flanks, we should look a lot more potent than we did at QPR.

Martin was poor because Martin is poor.

Why hasnt anyone presented Dublin as a possibility? Playing Dublin with Dave will make Dave much much better.

we will also then have A LOT of physical presence in and around the box, so add a decent attacking midfielder (russel maybe? i dont know he doesnt look unstoppable) and a decent defensive mid (brellier will be im sure of it) and we have a set up!

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Martin was poor because Martin is poor.[/quote]

Harsh. Did you think he was poor when he scored 5 in 7 towards the end of last season? Playing him up front virtually as a lone striker or consigning him to ill-conceived midfield roles is really hindering his development. In a 4-4-2 formation he''ll do much better, especially if the players around him grow in confidence under the new manager. Dion up front is a decent shout though - Dave has a reasonable turn of pace and we would have a big physical presence. However, if we''re prepared to hit long balls up to various combinations of Cureton, Huckerby and Martin, I just worry that having two big target men might make us just play hoofball. Granted we need a couple of results fast, but we need learn to think like proper footballers again if we''re going to have any chance of turning this season around.

Although they got long balls at QPR they didn''t look isolated. Martin was misused as a lone striker and doesn''t deserve the criticism, basically Grant shafted him.

Heres a point- Martin-Huckerby upfront end of last season, there was no complaints about Hux isolating him then. Y''know how managers almost always win their first few games (just look at Grant- B''ham away and league leaders Cardiff)?

Could be the same thing with Martin, I''m just saying if you want him to develop any further don''t expect him to save our season and score hundreds, because he just won''t. At that point fans will get on his back and then he will be Henderson 2.

Dont expect to much, right?

Heres a point- Martin-Huckerby upfront end of last season, there was no complaints about Hux isolating him then. Y''know how managers almost always win their first few games (just look at Grant- B''ham away and league leaders Cardiff)?

Could be the same thing with Martin, I''m just saying if you want him to develop any further don''t expect him to save our season and score hundreds, because he just won''t. At that point fans will get on his back and then he will be Henderson 2.

Dont expect to much, right?

[/quote]Yeah, sure - I''m not expecting him to score hatfuls. It''s just that while Cureton is injured, he''s a good alternative to the ''big three'' (Brown, Dublin, Strihavka), to bring another dimension to our attacking play while allowing Huckerby to remain in his best position on the left of midfield. Remember Henderson, like Martin, was always played out of position for the first team - he was a striker who scored plenty of goals at youth and reserve levels, but was shunted unceremoniously out to the right wing for the first team. The new manager needs to treat Martin as a striker, and give him regular opportunities in the first team, even if it is mostly from the bench. IMO he''s much more naturally gifted than Henderson was, and with careful nurture he could prove to be a very valuable asset for us.

Marshall

Otsemobor, Shackell, Murray (no one else!), Drury

Croft, Russell, Jarvis, Hux

Stroganoff, Martin

not sure about Jarvis in the middle might need a little more bite, but we have no one

Looks good to me but if Brellier gets his act together he should play in the middle. Also, I am sick of hearing about Drury''s back - if the guy isn''t fully fit don''t pick him - he isn''t so good that he has to play at all costs. Any doubts next game give Lappin a go at left back we need 11 fit players out there.

Same with Strihavka, this might sound really, really corporate and such, but seeing as he didn''t cost that much and hes relatively unknown we could make a profit on him should he succeed.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate how that sounds.

Point is, Martin is not the only one that needs "nurturing" as such

i''ve seen nothing from strihavka to convince he''s not another mistake.

2 goals for the reserves proves nothing.

And performances at QPR where most of the players were sh1te is not the basis for choosing the next team otherwise we''d drop virtually every outfield player.

Sorry not to join the bandwagon but without Cureton, it has to be Martin + Brown up front for me.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

And performances at QPR where most of the players were sh1te is not the basis for choosing the next team otherwise we''d drop virtually every outfield player.

[/quote]

Now there''s a thought...

How about anyone who hoofs an aimless ball into no-man''s-land more than twice gets dropped for the next game.

Martin and Renton up front for me. Nothing else has been working so far, give the young guys a chance. Maybe Renton can add a spark to the team that has been sorely missing.

Martin was poor because Martin is poor.

Why hasnt anyone presented Dublin as a possibility? Playing Dublin with Dave will make Dave much much better.

[/quote]

Very unfair on Martin - and completely wrong. 

Would love to suggest Dublin up front and would have done - had he not been injured and unavailable for the next match.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

i''ve seen nothing from strihavka to convince he''s not another mistake.

2 goals for the reserves proves nothing.

[/quote]

Strihavka has scored more than 2, he scored at least 1 against Luton reserves. Oh and got the match winner v Palace (PG''s last victory)[:-*]

[quote user="AmericanCityFan"]Martin and Renton up front for me. Nothing else has been working so far, give the young guys a chance. Maybe Renton can add a spark to the team that has been sorely missing.[/quote]I''d wait until the plaster cast comes off, personally - Renton broke his leg last week!

Strihavka will score more, dont doubt it.

Lets see, scoring records this season.

Including reserves Strihavka has about 3/4 starts and small bits of tail ends of games. 4 goals, 1 first team.

Brown has played forever and never scored

Cureton was scoring until he was torpedoed by Grant

Dion will get some, see his goal at rochdale for his full effect

Martin maybe please dont expect too much of him if you want him to develop any further, he wont if theres too much pressure.

Hux probably get a couple as long as his fitness returns, if not I fear for him

Well then who is scoring right now? Sticks and Cureton. Who is injured? Cureton. So who plays? Strihavka.

I could do it in algebra if you want but it will be VERY boring and probably wrong 

[quote user="hogesar"]

Ian, you''re right.

New Found Glory are AWESOME =]

[/quote]

cheers dude, i think your the 1st one to agree with me on this site ha!

[quote user="Ian Shimmen"][quote user="hogesar"]

Ian, you''re right.

[/quote]

[/quote]Well they are like, my favourite band ever. Most people criticise his voice, i love it =].Oh and, this isnt off-topic at all =] or BUMPed =]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Ian Shimmen"][quote user="hogesar"]

Ian, you''re right.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well they are like, my favourite band ever. Most people criticise his voice, i love it =].

Oh and, this isnt off-topic at all =] or BUMPed =]
[/quote]

same here man, seen um twice this year :-)

yeah i agree, its a awesome voice

ha yeah i suppose but kinda old post now, so it don''t relly matter