Sign in to follow this  
Chirping Canary

The vacant No.9 shirt

After the departure of our legendary Iwan and the rumours that have been circulating in the national press about Crouch, Sheringham, Johnson and even Hasselbaink coming to ply their trade at Carrow road next season.
Who do you all think will get the honour of having the traditional centre forwards shirt number for next season?

I do! Don''t want that Edam-loving Equity card holder playing for City. (Why isn''t he on the Dutch diving team for the Athens Olympics?) Sounds like he''s in trouble for comments made to last night''s ref as well. Next thing will be Fergie claiming again that his team are always picked on. Ho, hum! Welcome to the Prem everyone! It could get quite juicy.

Nah Morty, its obvious that the No 9 is being saved for Henry.
Worthy''s looking for a striker with a bit of Va Va Voom. :)

well i suppose the good news is that a deal has already been done otherwise they wouldn´t have left the number open no? but who is it? it´s like cluedo this.

The way Nigel was talking today about not wanting to spend 3 million on one player, Johnson, but needing his coffers to buy 3 or 4 players we will be lucky to sign the Accrington Stanley No 9

To bloody right, the bloke looks to much like a horse, its got to be crouch or sutten putting that no.9 shirt on from what i`ve heard, or was it just another rumour

I''m with Susie b on this one - under no circumstances should he be allowed into FCR despite his scoring record. The more I see him play the more I despise him and his attitude and I find myself wanting to see him suffer a serious injury. And I know that this hatred means that he is now a dead cert for a hat trick against us - my money is already on!

I think the club has taken a postive approach in ensuring that players keep the same numbers to keep the fans shirt purchases relevant - they are to be applauded in that - and so I dont read too much into the No 9 short remaining vacant.

My preference remains for hard cash to be spent on strengthening the defence but a further striker could be good - Dean Ashton remains high on my wish list, ahead of Crouch.

OTBC

I would say Crouch, who would do a good job for us, although I would like room in the team for Mckenzie as I am sure he would score goals for us. Maybe the two up front together with Huckerby behind providing the amunition. I''m drooling now!

The priority, in my opinion, is more defensive cover for Malky and Flem.

Gazza, I just want to reassure you that I still love cheese, but not the variety that stinks to high heaven ''cos it cheats you into thinking it''s good, but then lets you down, like Edam (and other related Dutch things). ZLF, I''m glad I''m not the only one who despises RVN. Ask any Binners and that''s one thing we''ll agree on. Remember him swooning in the area against them a couple of seasons ago, effectively relegating them? You are right that he is probably guaranteed to score against us now, so we will definitely need a very strong hex from Wiz if he is to be stopped.