Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Hands up if you've applied for the managers job!

I have. I applied last time and was told that they were "looking for a candidate with experience in the higher levels of English football."

I''m assuming that the powers that be at Carrow Road are regretting that decision now.

I AM THE HIGH CALIBRE CANDIATE THEY''RE LOOKING FOR! [:D]

[quote user="Matthew Quinn"]How do you apply?[/quote]

Just tell them you''re a winner, and you''d do as the Chief Exec tells you regarding:

Squad selection.

Player purchases....etc, gabba yabba yawn, grunt snort fart wheeze belch scratch pick flick cough......and the usual guff that the board of Deflector''s will be happy with.

[quote user="buddhaboy"]im applying.....
[/quote]

"Budd" Don''t waste you''r time i have all ready got the job , as i have told every one on my thread " the job is as good as mine" stand by i will be making a statement quite soon of importance , so move over to my thread as quick as you can .[Y] arrdee.

well im hanging out for the managers job at my local macca d''s.i reakon were well worth conference status.im the man to guide them there.the 12 year old who serves at the drive thru is playing right back, the "head patty flipper" is poised for a run on the wing, and im playing as a holding midfielder with the 10 year old counterhand as an attacking midfielder.cant wait to play greys.that clough fellow is pretty nervous id imagine.

fatts

you only need 3 words to get u the job.. "passion" "Commitment" Workrate"... they''ll forget the other applicants in a flash!

jas :)

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

"Budd" Don''t waste you''r time i have all ready got the job , as i have told every one on my thread " the job is as good as mine" stand by i will be making a statement quite soon of importance , so move over to my thread as quick as you can .[Y] arrdee.

[/quote]

arrdee, is it true you like a bung?  [;)]

i applied last year, and got a reply - http://xs320.xs.to/xs320/07410/norwich.JPG - lol!

Here is a copy of my application. I sent it by post on Wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the postal strike doesnt cost me my opportunity.

I wouldnt want Paul Jewell to be given the job only for my application to land on Neil Doncasters desk a day or two later. We would have to pay a fortune to get rid of him so soon.

10th October 2007

Dear Mr Doncaster

I would like to put my name forward to become the next manager of Norwich City Football Club.

“Granted” (excuse the pun) I have no qualifications to manage a drinking session in a brewery let alone a football club but what I can offer you is a stonewall guarantee that I will be on time every day and will do my best never to be off ill.

I will use my contacts within the game to attract new players (my best mate is manager of Dereham Wanderers Under 9 Girls) and with my experience in sales I will be able to negotiate deals where as we wont have to pay any transfer, agents or signing on fees above £15.

I am sure I am sounding more appealing to you by the second and lets face it, If I can get the boys fired up enough to enter the oppositions six yard box in my first game in charge it will be a step in the right direction.

As for “losing the dressing room”, that wont happen as I know exactly where it is. Darren Huckerby will be sent off to weed the grounds at Colney until he learns to play nicely with the rest of the boys. He is not the be all and end all.

Please feel free to discuss my application with Delia, she will remember me as Michael always used to nick my ciggies at Colney until we were banned from there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am now off to choose the wallpaper for my office.

I forgot to add a vital fact. As I am used to having tv cameras around me without going to pieces I could teach the boys not to react so badly to them.

Post an application on the clubs messageboard? I think it would have more credibility if I sent it in, what chance have I got if I cant even directly contact Doncaster himself...  lol  

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

arrdee, is it true you like a bung?  [;)]

Now "mystic Megson" You are one of the sweetest bon-bons in my dish as you well know , now to suggest that i like a bung is ridiculous . but my bungs are the other way if you believe the gutter press , nothing was ever proven .O.K.so you have been told of the whole rib of beef on the bone have you ? and no doubt they have informed you of the cut price funerals , nothing was ever proven .I came out of it smelling of roses .[;)] arrdee.

[/quote]

Just got back from hols...here''s my aplication.

12 October 2007

Dear Sirs

I wish to apply for the vacant post of first team manager.

I previously applied for the position following the departure of Nigel Worthington. Assuming that you have kept my application on file, you will be fully aware of my footballing, culinary and financial pedigree and must be regretting your earlier decision to appoint Peter Grant.

I propose not to waste your time recounting my attributes but will focus instead on what I will need to get the club back in the Premiership where it belongs. I will put these in bullet point form for you.

·        A £10,000,000.00 war chest.

·        A tracksuit with ‘RD’ on the chest.

·        Bryan Gunn’s autograph on my copy of his autobiography.

·        Company car (BMW…nothing too flash).

·        Six complimentary tickets for each home game.

·        Iwan Robert’s autograph on my copy of his autobiography (you must have his address!).

I think you will agree that I am the “high calibre” candidate you are looking for and the man to bring the smile back on the good people of Norfolk.

Finally, you may note my Ipswich address, but I am a Norwich supporter and am on the receiving end of a high degree of abuse at present. Give me the opportunity to make them swallow their words.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours faithfully

[:D]

I''ve actually turned them down. I have it on good authority that I am next in line for the England job the Steve McCLaren gets sacked [:D] I''d prefrer to take a job on where there is no pressure [:D]

Booo!

Got my reply today. They say they need someone with football experience at higher levels and that they have a shortlist but I''m not on it. Oh well better go for the England job!  

[:(]