Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Re: Glenn Roader

Good God NO!

Get a grip people and decide what (not ''who'') you really want. You have been jumping on the bandwagon that says ....''only the experienced may apply, all other applications will be rejected'' yet when an experienced manager (Premiership experience at that) is touted you slag the guy off! Sure West Ham were relegated under Roeder (effectively) but does that AUTOMATICALLY make him a poor manager? Didn''t Steve Bruce take Birmingham down? Yet most of you will go into multiple orgasm if he gets the Norwich job!

I''m not saying that Roeder should get the job, merely trying to make a point.   

Bryan Robson (a year ago), Glenn Hoddle are others who have been (and are being) villified by posters yet they also have stacks of experience - played at highest level and managed at similar levels (hoddle anyway) but they are both donkeys according to you lot so perhaps the ...''young, inexperienced'' candidates are not so much of a bad bet after all methinks.

What experience (of being a football manager) did Roy Keane, Gareth  Southgate, Paul Ince and Aidy Boothroyd have when they were given their first opportunity in the top job - absolutely none I think you''ll find. There must be other similar guys out there like these but we should reject them out of hand should we?? Get a life!

Final point - it is the management TEAM that is crucial NOT just the top man. If a manager gets the right guys round him then their overall combination of qualities will do the trick. Cough / Taylor partnership was a great example. Closer to home what about Walker and Deehan? Walker was a shadow of the manager he was before without Deehan, yes I know the circumstances were different but the main point is the same.   

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]I would stop going and join Smudgers protests if Glenn Roeder was made manager.[/quote]

Empty threats as always.