Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Robson gets 'vote of confidence'.

Bryan Robsons record is outstanding! Middlesboro-relegated, Bradford-relegated, West Brom-relegated, Sheff Utd? How he keeps getting top jobs because hes a big name player is beyond me. What about all the money hes wasted, especially at middlesboro-im sure he signed more strikers in one season than he had players in other positions.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Bryan Robsons record is outstanding! Middlesboro-relegated, Bradford-relegated, West Brom-relegated, Sheff Utd? How he keeps getting top jobs because hes a big name player is beyond me. What about all the money hes wasted, especially at middlesboro-im sure he signed more strikers in one season than he had players in other positions.[/quote]

No doubt there a few that would want to see him down here though

[quote user="Bomber"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Bryan Robsons record is outstanding! Middlesboro-relegated, Bradford-relegated, West Brom-relegated, Sheff Utd? How he keeps getting top jobs because hes a big name player is beyond me. What about all the money hes wasted, especially at middlesboro-im sure he signed more strikers in one season than he had players in other positions.[/quote]

[/quote]

Er .......................................NO [:^)]

I guess Club Chairmen/Boards are hoping he can replicate what he DID achieve at Middlesbrough. We might all laugh at the prospect of having him here and think it would be a disaster, but, whilst he was at Middlesbrough...

• Won the 1st Division title. Relegated the following season but got them straight back up again the one after that.
  • Reached an FA Cup Final.
  • Reached a League Cup Final.
  • Kept Middlesbrough in a comfortable mid-Premiership table position in the two years he was there after their second promotion season under him.

I think we''d take that wouldn''t we?

He has done little else, admittedly-mind you, when it was us, WBA, Palace and Southampton as the any three from four perm in our Premiership season-and WBA were bottom at Christmas-he kept them up, the rest, including us, went down. I think we''d have accepted that as well, wouldn''t we?

Sheffield United remains to be seen. But he persuaded James Beattie to drop a division to play for them, as well as persuading Billy Sharp to join them, and not us. Wouldn''t we have accepted that in the Summer?

I''d have him over Grant and quite a few others that are mentioned whenever we debate a possible new Manager.

[quote user="Bomber"]

[/quote]

Only as long as he was driving a minicab!

Don''t like Robson as a manager, but if you''re looking for a Sheff Utd connection, I''d have Warnock at the drop of a hat.

I know his history is colourful and he is prone to the odd unsavoury moment, but I''d rather have him on our side than anyone elses. I''m convinced he would do a job at Championship level.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I guess Club Chairmen/Boards are hoping he can replicate what he DID achieve at Middlesbrough. We might all laugh at the prospect of having him here and think it would be a disaster, but, whilst he was at Middlesbrough...

• Won the 1st Division title. Relegated the following season but got them straight back up again the one after that.

• Reached an FA Cup Final.

• Reached a League Cup Final.

• Kept Middlesbrough in a comfortable mid-Premiership table position in the two years he was there after their second promotion season under him.

I think we''d take that wouldn''t we?

He has done little else, admittedly-mind you, when it was us, WBA, Palace and Southampton as the any three from four perm in our Premiership season-and WBA were bottom at Christmas-he kept them up, the rest, including us, went down. I think we''d have accepted that as well, wouldn''t we?

Sheffield United remains to be seen. But he persuaded James Beattie to drop a division to play for them, as well as persuading Billy Sharp to join them, and not us. Wouldn''t we have accepted that in the Summer?

I''d have him over Grant and quite a few others that are mentioned whenever we debate a possible new Manager.

[/quote]

Again, look at the money he spent! brilliant player but as a manager, not for me.