Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Derision and mockery

All noises that are now being emitted from the club are now being met with derision and mockery. Time to step aside and really do the best thing for the club.

The fact that Doherty''s injury is a "body blow to the club" says it all really.

I drove past a corner newsagent in Ipswich last week and saw the headline " Carrow Road Muppet Show" on the Evening Star billboard. I know that we have managed to laugh at ourselves during the past weeks, but now the laughter has dried up there''s a few embarrassing silences and shuffling of feet.

[:$][:$][:$][:''(]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

All noises that are now being emitted from the club are now being met with derision and mockery. Time to step aside and really do the best thing for the club.

The fact that Doherty''s injury is a "body blow to the club" says it all really.

I drove past a corner newsagent in Ipswich last week and saw the headline " Carrow Road Muppet Show" on the Evening Star billboard. I know that we have managed to laugh at ourselves during the past weeks, but now the laughter has dried up there''s a few embarrassing silences and shuffling of feet.

[/quote]

Why don''t you give it a rest for christ''s sake? We''re not dead and buried, and I don''t see any of you pathetic whingers coming up with realistic solutions. All you seem to bang on about is what it would be like in a perfect world, but none of you seem to know how to get there without the aid of an Abramovich.

Get real and see it out like real supporters used to.

[quote user="broadie"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

Why don''t you give it a rest for christ''s sake? We''re not dead and buried, and I don''t see any of you pathetic whingers coming up with realistic solutions. All you seem to bang on about is what it would be like in a perfect world, but none of you seem to know how to get there without the aid of an Abramovich.

[/quote]

So tell me when has your method of sitting on hands ever worked?

We''d still have a Berlin wall if you were German.

If things aren''t going right then I''m perfectly entitled to demand change.

I think there are enough model clubs like Charlton etc on whom we should try to emulate without expecting a Roman to come to our aid.

Thanks anyway Broadie the has bean!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So are the creators of  the muppet show spoof celebrities in your neck of the woods?

[/quote]

It appears so. Its featured in the both dailys rags.

Perhaps we should laugh louder at ourselves so the Ipswich fans can''t be heard.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="broadie"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think there are enough model clubs like Charlton etc on whom we should try to emulate without expecting a Roman to come to our aid.

[/quote]

hehehe very well put indeed WEEN....  [;)]

There''s a question - who provides the bullets, the team, or the animators ?If the team was performing better, the skit wouldn''t be as popular, or get the press interest.Maybe we should just pity Ipswich supporters because they don''t have fans who can use computers ?

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="broadie"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The point is that you aren''t saying anything anyone else isn''t, and until you can come up with some practical solutions, don''t bother. 

Its not up to us to come up with solutions its the people  taking hard earned money off some of the loyalist fans in the uk who should be providing solutions to a situation which needs addressing very quickly. All this talk of early days is rubbish Grants win record is pathetic, he has been here a year, this is now his team, his selections, his tactics and if you have not noticed it aint working. Why is it us calling for change are not true fans, whilst you lot who believe all is great and are willing to see us decline even further are. As for an investor, i am sick of so called city fans running the club, get me someone from timbuctoo as long as they have funds to take us forward, its a big world outside norfolk, you can be in london in two hours by road now, its down the A11.

[quote user="broadie"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="broadie"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The point is that you aren''t saying anything anyone else isn''t, and until you can come up with some practical solutions, don''t bother. 

[/quote]

Oh it wasn''t any bother !

I do beleive I have the right, subjet to moderation, to express MY opinion on here just in the same way you can decide whether to read it or not.

Are you one of Neil Doncaster''s hench men or are you Broadie Bean Big Brother?

Go sit on your hands.

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I shared your incredibly naive mentality I think I would eat my own head.......but then I''m sure I''d still feel hungry afterwards.....

Utter bilge I''m afraid....empty headed bilge.

[/quote]

Yes, the two situations are exactly the same.

Why only last week I sat at home and said to the wife, "You know what, this season reminds me a lot of the fall of communism".

Honestly, some people.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

Why only last week I sat at home and said to the wife, "You know what, this season reminds me a lot of the fall of communism".

Honestly, some people.

[/quote]

Let me guess ..she didn''t reply cos you''re dull?

So the analogy doesn''t bear close examination...so what?

How about, if Norwich fans hadn''t protested Chase would still in charge. Close enough for you?

[|-)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said, it pains me to say that the only muppets are the small minority of our fans that lose all sense of hope because of a mere 9 games, they don''t seem to know how to do anything right now but post the same old nonsesne about how our club needs to change but have not one realistic or better solution.

[quote]How about, if Norwich fans hadn''t protested Chase would still in charge. Close enough for you?[/quote]Probably not, doesn''t he live on the moon in a B52 bomber with Elvis now ?He must be about 250 years old now, he would have had to retire at 70.

How about, if Norwich fans hadn''t protested Chase would still in charge. Close enough for you?

[|-)]

[/quote]

According to most on here, the Chase regime was ACTUALLY BETTER than the current situation.

So if there had been no protest we would never have lost Chase, and therefore wouldn''t have been in this position.

GUTTED!

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its not up to us to come up with solutions its the people  taking hard earned money off some of the loyalist fans in the uk who should be providing solutions to a situation which needs addressing very quickly. All this talk of early days is rubbish Grants win record is pathetic, he has been here a year, this is now his team, his selections, his tactics and if you have not noticed it aint working. Why is it us calling for change are not true fans, whilst you lot who believe all is great and are willing to see us decline even further are. As for an investor, i am sick of so called city fans running the club, get me someone from timbuctoo as long as they have funds to take us forward, its a big world outside norfolk, you can be in london in two hours by road now, its down the A11.[/quote]

I''d take an investor from anywhere but wouldn''t it be just a little better if they did genuinely have the clubs interests at heart, rather than just saying it and really only using the club as a play thing?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Broadie, the way things are going in football we HAVE to get an incredibly rich investor or else we will eventually fall behind. I''d prefer football to stay a bit grass roots but then I''d also prefer football in the highest league possible. If clubs all around us get bought up and we don''t then they have the advantage and we would simply fall down the football league pyramid. Its a shame I know but we do have to accept thats the direction things are going in.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

Honestly, some people.

[/quote]

[|-)]

[/quote]No what''s dull is listening to bleating and moaning about the same things day in day out without the wit to suggest another way. Everyone knows things are crap at Carrow at the moment, didn''t need you to point it out. Without waiting for a golden goose to turn up I suggest, give Grant 5 more games. If we haven''t achieved 10 points, get rid. Allocate some of that 2.4mill transfer profit towards a proven manager, Jewell or Adams. As for the board, they can''t be got rid of without funds to buy them out, end of story. To force them out with protests at the moment, will do nothing except further disrupt the team cronically low in confidence which isn''t worth the risk of relegation. I say wait and see what happens with new investors and shareholders make the feeling of anger well known at the AGM.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]There''s a question - who provides the bullets, the team, or the animators ?If the team was performing better, the skit wouldn''t be as popular, or get the press interest.Maybe we should just pity Ipswich supporters because they don''t have fans who can use computers ?[/quote]

Great stuff blah.....of course they don''t, they haven''t even got electricity

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its not up to us to come up with solutions its the people  taking hard earned money off some of the loyalist fans in the uk who should be providing solutions to a situation which needs addressing very quickly. All this talk of early days is rubbish Grants win record is pathetic, he has been here a year, this is now his team, his selections, his tactics and if you have not noticed it aint working. Why is it us calling for change are not true fans, whilst you lot who believe all is great and are willing to see us decline even further are. As for an investor, i am sick of so called city fans running the club, get me someone from timbuctoo as long as they have funds to take us forward, its a big world outside norfolk, you can be in london in two hours by road now, its down the A11.[/quote]

I''d take an investor from anywhere but wouldn''t it be just a little better if they did genuinely have the clubs interests at heart, rather than just saying it and really only using the club as a play thing?

[/quote]

Yes....but certain directors claimed to be Norwich through and through...but still used our club as a plaything. Such behaviour would not appear to be exclusive to "outside" investors it would seem....