Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

Take those specks off for a moment

Right without those green and yellow specks on does anyone really believe that with our current squad, we`ve got any chance of staying up...
Lets stop kidding ourselves that we are going to spend all this money on all of the players that we are being linked with...
Buying good quality nationwide players on lower wages, would strengthen our squad so we can bounce straight back...
Then we can use more off the money 2nd time round, and buy quality prem players on higher wages...
We don`t like WBA i know but off the pitch, they are going about it the right way...
Before you slaughter me, i like all of you would love us to stay up at the first attempt, but i just can`t see us getting the 12 wins and 5 or 6 draws that we will need to survive, CAN YOU.............

I can see us surprising a few ( not all ! ) teams next year, and narrowly avoiding the drop. Our style of play is suited to the Prem, and I think our entire squad / fans / city is ready to shed blood for the cause. Have a little faith in Worthy, I know we''re all a little nervous about the lack of transfer activity, but he won''t let us down.

When the fixture list came out I worked out how many points we would probably get per game. Over the season my prediction woeks out to be 45points.

FCR will be very important to us along with how we react to being bottom for the whole of September but I believe we will be alright especially as our run in is v.good.

Yes Rabbit, I genuinly do. We haven''t spend millions of pounds, but we''ve kept the nucleus of the squad together. Lets not forget that those players got us promoted, and in some style. I felt last year that a lot of our squad, Green, Drury, Edworthy, Flem, Holt, Francis, Hucks, Sven and Leon to name a few, could make the jump up. We have a fantastic team spirit which counts for a lot in the Premiership. Look at Man City, Everton or Blackburn. They all have some fantastic players in their squads, players we could only dream of signing. However, they have no spirit, no togetherness which we have in abundance. This meant they narrowly avoided relegation last year.

I''m not suggesting next year won''t be hard, it will, it''ll be bloody hard! But if we can add a couple more players, I feel we have the quality and the spirit to stay up

get back down yer burrow rabbit!course we''ll stay up, let WBA keep bouncing up and down boring their fans to death in the process.

With the element of suprise i think we''ll finish higher this season than we will next season..
Most of the other teams will consider Norwich fixtures as three points in the bag, this complacency will really help.. plus our team spirit is excellent and we walked Div. 1 last year (which some people seem to have forgotten).

Loathed to make binner comparisons, but UEFA cup here we come!

I think we can surprise a few people in the way Greece have done in Euro 2004. Good organisation and team spirit still counts for a lot even at the ery highest level.

Don''t forget my infamous Hex factor!. Of course we''ll stay up Bugs Bunny, but in the Iron Dukes words, ''It will be a near run thing''.

rabbit

while i don''t advocate spending money for the sake of it, we do have to strengthen the squad, i have every faith in nige to do so sensibly, and you cannot take it away from him, he has built a great team spirit into our club within a realitively short space of time, remember hamiton''s era? not so long ago was it!

and for me, the prospect of not risking anything just to go down again is unthinkable, west brom may work towards that philosophy, but i doubt nigel will - we are now where we want to be and to just accept we are not good enough will damage that wonderful team spirit - we haven''t even played a game yet, how does anyone know what could happen, portsmouth did okay and they were hardly miles better than us - we will survive - in fact we will do better than survive

we will surprise a few people i think, there are clubs who narrowly escaped relegation last year, as has been mentioned, who do not have our team spirit and togetherness, it is a massive factor, sport and winning are not just about technique, but about determination, spirit and hunger, and we have all three in abundance

we will be okay, don''t worry

gazza

after reading that, i`m beginning to think there just might be some light at the end of the tunnel.
so the specks are going back on.....