Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Thanks Mike. It was simply wonderful.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

They were great days, but have a look at the goals against column and goal difference column, our defence wasn''t great back then either.

[/quote]

but at least the football played was pleasing to the eye, not like the garbage under Grant.

Bly, they were great days, and not only well remembered by me because it was such fantastic football with a team who played for each other etc, it was also my son''s (now 21) first full season watching the team. How could he not fall in love with Norwich City?

I refuse to forget those days, in fact I am even tempted to dig out the old video now and watch it. So what if I am wallowing in nostalgia. Who is going to watch this season''s highlights in 10 year''s time?

Fabulous football, great players - we must not forget. To forget is to invite apathy. I am quite alarmed at those who think NOT beating Scunthorpe on Tuesday night is acceptable and expected. What is happening to our once great football club?

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="ob1"]

Please Grandad - stop banging on about the good old days... it''s a little pathetic.

[/quote]

You might be happy with a Mickey Mouse club as it suits your small thinking.....but for some of us there is a wider world.

[/quote]

Clucks not lying, rumour has it he once rolled a hay bale as far as Narborough....

[:D]

Great memories of a fantastic season - last year at university and I remember it all like yesterday.  I really bellieved we could do it after the home one over Villa but alas Man Utd shattered the dream the following week.  Still, as others have said, Premiership football was still interesting back then.  Not the money dominated fiasco it is now - what chance of another team outside the big four being able to repeat what we (and Villa) did that season.  Sky money has ruined it for the real fans. [:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What went wrong Bly?

I love looking back but how did we get from there to where we are now?

[/quote]

Just enjoy remembering for a moment or two, Nutty.

You can''t worry about that journey and ''the now'' all the time.

There''s a time and place for all things.

Tomorrow will come soon enough!

OTBC

Yup - a stunning season, the culmination of several years of success for city - with thanks not just to Mike,  but Dave and Ken too.  Exciting attractive football played by talented youngsters who were hungry for success but knew the value of a team effort; 

Shame the stars were sold from under us with the manager not seeing the cash and so having to invest in second rate replacements - hmm that is starting to ring a bell... So ultimately that boards prudence over ambition has lead us to where we are now [;)]

All boards are the same  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Yup - a stunning season, the culmination of several years of success for city - with thanks not just to Mike,  but Dave and Ken too.  Exciting attractive football played by talented youngsters who were hungry for success but knew the value of a team effort; 

Shame the stars were sold from under us with the manager not seeing the cash and so having to invest in second rate replacements - hmm that is starting to ring a bell... So ultimately that boards prudence over ambition has lead us to where we are now [;)]

All boards are the same  

[/quote]

All boards or two boards?

OTBC

I would say that Sir Arthurs board was definitely the most ambitious. Think about Joihn Bond and the players who he brought to the club, whatever the fees those players couldn''t have come cheaply!

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Blackburn 7 - Norwich 1

I remember this game.  It was the first time the Premier League sanctioned the use of the stealth football!!!

Surprisingly, Mike seems to be out of work - No idea why!!!

[/quote]

one result out of a season of success, beating teams like arsenal and leeds in their own back yard, you sir are a muppet. you deserve the garbage at CR at the moment. 

[/quote]

Mmmmmmm.......Reading must be crap losing 7-4 to a rubbish team like Pompey then?

Typical to try to dissmiss so much to be proud of with so little amunition.....but then it seems so many are elated with a 0-0 versus Scunthorpe nowadays.

Lame in the extreme.....

[/quote]

For future reference you might like to know drawing a match 0-0 is generally a better result than losing 7-1!!

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

If I deserved the rubbish at Carrow Road that would make me a dustman!!!

And if you''re the girl in the leotard, you sir are a prancing fairy!!!

[/quote]Careful, that loetard contains a professional athelete who can take any number of chairs across the back or umbrellas from old ladies

Shame the stars were sold from under us with the manager not seeing the cash and so having to invest in second rate replacements - hmm that is starting to ring a bell... 

So I would guess you think like me that Chase was not as great as several seem to think.

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Shame the stars were sold from under us with the manager not seeing the cash and so having to invest in second rate replacements - hmm that is starting to ring a bell... 

So I would guess you think like me that Chase was not as great as several seem to think.

[/quote]

I don''t think anyone would say he was "great".....but many of us feel he was no worse than Smith and Co. At least he gave us a few years of fun before it went tits up and that''s more than can be said about the present tenants.

SPat wrote

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Careful, that loetard contains a professional athelete who can take any number of chairs across the back or umbrellas from old ladies

ROTFLMAO

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

Is that the best you can come up with, i am disappointed, you sir when it comes to having a pop are a complete amatuer, As i have said before i am paid to be a prxtt, what is your excuse.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

All boards are the same  

[/quote]Well, Stringer didn''t help signing Blades, Beckford and Newman (for a combined fee over £2 million). Deehan had money, and pulled a similar stunt with Mike Sheron, Bradshaw and Milligan.The biggest mistake though was not replacing Gunn with an experienced keeper when he got injured. Andy Marshall simply wasn''t up to it and we plummeted.