Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

So where's the other £2,600,000 gone Doomcaster?

We were told before the season started that the £2,000,000 loan from the Turners would stop us having to sell any players just to balance the books this season.

Now you announce that the £2,600,000 player profit will be used to make up the shortfall.

Assuming the Accountants got their budget correct, welll at least not more than 2 and a half million quid out....

Either:

1) We needed it all along, just better for the club to flog off the season tickets before letting us know.

2) The money which was to be used was either going to be in the form of yet another loan which now does not need to be taken out 

3) The missing 2.6mill  has been siphoned out the playing side of the Club to fund an off pitch faculty.

So did you have it or not? If so why take the player profit?

If not then why tell us you did?

Either way you''ve flogged the family silver once again , be careful another year, two at the most and there''ll not be the proverbial pot to put it in left.

It looks as if some it is still available for loans and some of it will be used to cover the operating losses following the loss of the parachute payments.

What got me was his statement that the debt is "higher than they would like it to be".  So why the bloody hell did they borrow another £1.3m last season to fund more office development?

[quote]What got me was his statement that the debt is "higher than they would

like it to be".  So why the bloody hell did they borrow another £1.3m

last season to fund more office development?[/quote]Because the easiest way to make money / create cash flow is to become a landlord ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]What got me was his statement that the debt is "higher than they would like it to be".  So why the bloody hell did they borrow another £1.3m last season to fund more office development?[/quote]

Because the easiest way to make money / create cash flow is to become a landlord ?
[/quote]

. . . the logical extension of which is to give up football altogether blah.  Why don''t we flog off the pitch, it''s prime development land after all.  Please try very hard to understand that this is supposed to be a football club.  You could be forgiven for thinking otherwise at the moment, I grant you that.

Couldn''t even be bothered to read Doncasters column in the papers yesterday... I mean what is the point???

Why do Archant even bother giving this guy the space to make a fool of himself???

Every word that trips of his tongue is ................

Yep that''s right you have guessed it!!!

[quote]. . . the logical extension of which is to give up football altogether

blah.  Why don''t we flog off the pitch, it''s prime development land

after all. [/quote]Derby and Coventry have done just that, and their grounds were in the lower-rent areas of their cities.  Maybe that''s what the incumbents are trying to protect us against by generating long-term cash ?I do understand that this is a football club mystic, and that football clubs need large amounts of money to run at the highest level.  If you can name something other than money that players will come here for, then great, until then it''s money that players will come here for.  It''s the next 3-5 years that we''re going to struggle financially in, unless another philanthropist comes in with an offer to buy us some players.  By the way, I share your frustration that we aren''t investing enough in the team, just playing devils'' advocado.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]. . . the logical extension of which is to give up football altogether blah.  Why don''t we flog off the pitch, it''s prime development land after all. [/quote]

Derby and Coventry have done just that, and their grounds were in the lower-rent areas of their cities.  Maybe that''s what the incumbents are trying to protect us against by generating long-term cash ?

I do understand that this is a football club mystic, and that football clubs need large amounts of money to run at the highest level.  If you can name something other than money that players will come here for, then great, until then it''s money that players will come here for.  It''s the next 3-5 years that we''re going to struggle financially in, unless another philanthropist comes in with an offer to buy us some players. 

By the way, I share your frustration that we aren''t investing enough in the team, just playing devils'' advocado.

[/quote]

When Derby and Coventry did it they were both in the Premiership, and where did they end up a couple of seasons later?  Add to that list Southampton and Leicester.  Derby have got back for the time being, but it''s thanks to new investment not selling the Baseball Ground. 

It''s all to do with getting your priorities right isn''t it blah.  We''ve reached the stage where one bit of infrastructure is being used to pay for another, instead of going into the football side, for example £1.1m from the hotel land to pay off part of the loan for the NU Corner.  And god know where we found £1.2m to build an access road last season.  Overconcentration on infrastructure has reached the most ridiculous extreme imo.  Meanwhile the football side is going to hell on a handcart, and deinvestment in the squad is probably the main reason for it.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

What got me was his statement that the debt is "higher than they would like it to be".  So why the bloody hell did they borrow another £1.3m last season to fund more office development?

[/quote]

so they could hold the EXPO in that banner on the front page of the site!

wonder how much money we will lose form that crap?

jas :)

[quote]It''s all to do with getting your priorities right isn''t it blah.[/quote]Completely.  It must be just as annoying for the people trying to set up the housing, the offices, and everything else up that their work isn''t yet making the cash to make a difference on the pitch.  Maybe we need a loan until these things are done, on friendly terms, maybe interest free ?  Does anyone on the board know anyone that could provide a loan ?  Hmmmm.....

Spot on Mystic. Too late the board just might start looking at the pitch instead of the vast concrete and tarmac (not forgetting shiny black tiling) around them. I wait in hope, how long do you think it might be?

Sorry folks, I grow more cynical by the day. Time for someone else to take over the reins and turn us back into a football club again. I cling to the hope of future investment. Sure it may be pie in the sky, it may be dreamworld, but at the moment, so is hoping we might even win a match, let alone with conviction.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Couldn''t even be bothered to read Doncasters column in the papers yesterday... I mean what is the point???

Why do Archant even bother giving this guy the space to make a fool of himself???

Every word that trips of his tongue is ................

Yep that''s right you have guessed it!!!

[/quote]Exactly, i''d rather gouge my eyes than read the filth and lies doncaster spins.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Spot on Mystic. Too late the board just might start looking at the pitch instead of the vast concrete and tarmac (not forgetting shiny black tiling) around them. I wait in hope, how long do you think it might be? Sorry folks, I grow more cynical by the day. Time for someone else to take over the reins and turn us back into a football club again. I cling to the hope of future investment. Sure it may be pie in the sky, it may be dreamworld, but at the moment, so is hoping we might even win a match, let alone with conviction.[/quote]

Richard Balls'' column yesterday seemed to be a fairly clear statement of intent on behalf of the Turners.  Peter Cullum''s name is not mentioned and his involvement has been neither confirmed nor denied.  But that may not be his style.  He''s made a vast amount of money in complete anonymity and and pehaps that''s the way he wants it to stay.  If I were him, I might think it worthwhile to invest some of my wealth in the club but I wouldn''t want to sacrifice the enjoyment that comes from being an ordinary supporter.  If I stuck my head over the parapet it would be only a matter of time before I got called a f****** a******* by irate fans if we lost a couple of games we ought to have won.  No thanks, I''d get someone to do that for me.   

There are various bits of evidence to suggest that something has been going on behind the scenes for quite a while.  We don''t know why it''s dragging on, but whatever the reason it''s the last thing the club needs.  Sort it out folks.

[quote user="T"]It looks as if some it is still available for loans and some of it will be used to cover the operating losses following the loss of the parachute payments.[/quote]

Which is exactly what we were promised would not happen Mr. well informed T!

We don''t have to worry the hotel fairy will save us all, as all the other "off the pitch" investments have in the past. That''s why our position, 3rd from bottom in the old Div 2 reflects the boards commitment to FOOTBALL.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

SUTR - there is a lot of unsubstantiated criticism on this message board. Quite frankly the abuse you get for investing in the club and working hard must put potential new investors and senior staff off. However, I was under the impresion from previous quotes from ND that all the profits would be reinvested in playing staff which no longer appears to be the case. Sounds as if about a million is being held back to cover losses although it is difficult to tell. The comment about a resurgent Sheff Wed also made me cough. He has a thank less job but I''d agree that he would be best to tell as it is.

Would that be the same resurgent Sheffield Wednesday that are 2 points below us in the table with a -15 goal difference depsite playing a game more and getting beat at home by a poor Leicester side today. I cant wait for the excuses about QPR.