Sign in to follow this  
0ridgemanddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

How to waste more money

I see what you mean, but is it really of value for them to be travelling on the late Monday afternoon to get snarled upon in the horror of the M25 and London traffic for a couple of hours?

At least if they''re staying close to the ground they should have no excuse for not being well rested and having had a shocker of a coach journey before kick off, they''re also far more likely to be in a better frame of mind, and this in itself could be invaluable.

If the decision to stay in the hotel means that the players enter the match with a better mindset, having been more relaxed beforehand, it could easily be the difference between a nervous negative performance, or a brighter more focused one.

For this reason alone it would justify the cost for me - as long as we see some form of benefit of doing this, on the pitch.

For christ sake do you lot ever stop moaning?

It makes sense to stay in the hotel the night before so they don''t have to play the day they travel, given the choice the players would much sooner leave the day before so their not playing on the same day you have just had a 2and half/3 hour coach journey, mentally your in better shape if you can relax up to kick off. The majority of teams all over the country travel the day before kickoff even if the journey isn''t that far.

What ever preparations we do before an away game do not work. Our away form for years now has been terrible. Not sure why this is, maybe bad tactics, low on confidence, too defensive. We always travel the day before the match and this does not seem to have any good effects so i can see why you think this is a waste of money. Footballers today are treated like a bunch of pansies and i don''t seem any harm in travelling on the day of a match. Its funny how as kids you would travel 5 hours on a cramped coach, to get to a game an hour before it starts, play the match and then 5 hours back home again. It never did us any harm and i think travelling a couple of hours on a luxury coach on the day of a match will not do them any harm. It might actually do some good and come away with a win for a change!

[quote user="ridgeman"]It would appear that Norwich are travelling to QPR on Sunday for an evening kick off Monday. The whole squad in a hotel overnight really is money that could be saved. [/quote]

Please tell me this is a tongue in cheek post cos if it ain''t its the daftest post i have ever read.Do you really thing the cost of putting the squad i n a hotel for a few nights is really going to have any effect on the money problems we have.I would guess a drop in the ocean is the phrase to use.Anyway they need to prepare properly for the first 6 pointer of this so far disastrous season

[quote user="ridgeman"]It would appear that Norwich are travelling to QPR on Sunday for an evening kick off Monday. The whole squad in a hotel overnight really is money that could be saved. [/quote]

Don''t see a problem myself. It''s a good way of keeping the lads together and trying to get a good spirit amongst the group.

Football comes first and all that...

I think the entire squad and Grunt etc, should get on their bikes and pedal to Loftus Road. This would save loads of money and the club would be doing their little bit to help the environment.  You know it makes sense!

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

If the decision to stay in the hotel means that the players enter the match with a better mindset, having been more relaxed beforehand, it could easily be the difference between a nervous negative performance, or a brighter more focused one.

For this reason alone it would justify the cost for me - as long as we see some form of benefit of doing this, on the pitch.

[/quote]

The problem is we don''t see any benefit on the pitch.

If they''d travelled down to London last Saturday evening and spent nine nights in the Ritz Hotel I bet we wouldn''t notice it come Monday evening........

thank the lucky stars we can afford a hotel.. some players (lower down the league) have to leave work or book a days holiday to travel to some armpit of the country and play infront of 300 people before driving back home getting in at an ungodly hour and going to work the next day....

Our players should live the life of a semi pro for a month.... Might make them appreciate just how lucky they are...!

jas :)