Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

NCFC Byover

Just a quick question to anyone that no''s anything about NCFC. A few years ago we ere approached by a foreign investor who wanted to buy norwich out. I thought it was in 1998, and it was manderic? Can any one back me up on this

I thought I heard / read the name Giovanni di Stefano.  If I remember rightly he made a career out of representing War-criminals such as the Serb Arkan.

no you are right, the italian guy was saddam hussains lawyer, he also tried to buy aberdeen or dundee

[quote user="charlies dad"]It was an Italian guy, he later bought an italian club, Genoa i beleive. He was quoted freely in the press talking about Norwich City.  [/quote]

I remember that too.  There was talk about forming links with Genoa, with youngsters from both clubs swapping places as part of their training, but it never came to anything.  There was no suggestion of a takeover though, as far as I know.

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]no you are right, the italian guy was saddam hussains lawyer, he also tried to buy aberdeen or dundee[/quote] Noim wrong Greg, there were two italians, the lawyer, Di stefano, and another fellow, who spoke about us in glowing terms, and wanted to invest. Again, not to be confused with Parma, who we played an under 15 match against, and were supposedly  going to borrow players from. I can clearly remeber the second fellow, he described city as a ''significant english club''.    

Maybe the failed takeover was hostile?From Wiki:Di Stefano is a colourful and controversial figure, described in one

source as "surely the only man in the world to claim the personal

friendship of Saddam Hussein and the personal enmity of Delia Smith".It also says he represented Harold Shipman, haha.And it says he bought a second division Serbian team and within two years they were in the Champions League.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Di_Stefano

we have been linked with 2 foreigners.. that Dodgy di Stefano bloke...

and Livorno owner Aldo Spinelli who was interested in us when Chase left.... still wish he''d bought us...

I remmeber Di Stefano saying he would of got Pedrojag Mijatovic to sign for us..... yeh, along with Ronaldo, Figo, Zidane and Buffon i wouldnt of wondered... the bloke was dodgy in the extreme!

jas :)

[quote user="O.J."]Maybe the failed takeover was hostile?

From Wiki:

Di Stefano is a colourful and controversial figure, described in one source as "surely the only man in the world to claim the personal friendship of Saddam Hussein ............".

It also says he represented Harold Shipman, haha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Di_Stefano
[/quote]

Is it just me or do other people get irritated by these lawyer types who only take on the easy cases ?

Wouldn''t surprise me if we were told he was the Yorkshire Ripper''s brief too...........