Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Craig Fleming Midfield General!

That''s right!  I rolled up at the Walks yesterday afternoon, and we were treated to a really good, competitive game (KL 2-0 Chippenham) with Flem pulling the strings in midfield almost Crooky style, and a goal from Michael Frew that no keeper in the world would have saved.  And a fullback in Ben Chapman who reminded me of a young Dave Stringer (though the regulars call him "Ricky" because they think he looks like Ricky Hatton).  And not a prawn sandwich in sight.  All for £9.  I could have sat down for an extra £1 and changed ends at half time if I''d felt like it. 

The spirit of football may have turned its back in disgust on top flight football years ago, but it''s still alive and well if you know where to find it. 

[quote user="mystic megson"]

That''s right!  I rolled up at the Walks yesterday afternoon, and we were treated to a really good, competitive game (KL 2-0 Chippenham) with Flem pulling the strings in midfield almost Crooky style, and a goal from Michael Frew that no keeper in the world would have saved.  And a fullback in Ben Chapman who reminded me of a young Dave Stringer (though the regulars call him "Ricky" because they think he looks like Ricky Hatton).  And not a prawn sandwich in sight.  All for £9.  I could have sat down for an extra £1 and changed ends at half time if I''d felt like it. 

The spirit of football may have turned its back in disgust on top flight football years ago, but it''s still alive and well if you know where to find it. 

[/quote]

Mr Webb seems to be doing well with KL. To be honest, I thought he was going to make a rod for his back. Good on him - and best wishes to Flem. Good to hear they''re doing well, and if I lived somewhat closer than North Norwich....I''d probably make an occasional trip to see the Linnets.

Very glad to see the Linnets doing so well-ambitious Chairman, and, it would seem, a bit of a "steal" in getting Webb as Manager, but wonder how long it will be before bigger clubs start to take note of what is happening there and go for Lynn''s better players, or even the Manager?

All seems a long, long way since the days of Keith Rudd.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

[/quote]

long live non league football! glad u enjoyed urself MM... im hoping to take in a Basingstoke town game soon...

jas :)

You can''t help wondering if KL was a lot nearer to Norwich whether a lot of City fans would turn their backs on the delights on offer at Carrow Road and go to watch Lynn instead.  I know I would be sorely tempted.

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]You can''t help wondering if KL was a lot nearer to Norwich whether a lot of City fans would turn their backs on the delights on offer at Carrow Road and go to watch Lynn instead.  I know I would be sorely tempted.[/quote]

There have always been fans who go to KL when City aren''t at home, but their gates are up about 30% so far this season.  A good start obviously helps but I wouldn''t be surprised if the numbers include some ''asylum seekers'' from CR.  I also sense that there''s a groundswell of mostly slightly older fans who are fed up to the back teeth with the media-obsessed, financially bloated, manbags-at-five-paces simulation fest that passes for top flight football these days.