Sign in to follow this  
Dexx

neil adams

No its not a " neil adams for manager " but would he be a good manager he seem to know his game well and talk alot of sense on the pitch i think he would ..

Hahahaha, with that logic you could say millions of forum posters all over the country are qualified to become football managers.

[quote user="Smudger"]hahahahaha that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long while!!!  [:D][/quote]

You could become his right hand man Smudger. [;)]

[quote user="djc"]

[quote user="Smudger"]hahahahaha that is the funniest thing I have heard in a long while!!!  [:D][/quote]

[/quote]

Only if I can remind him of what a c**p player he was and what a clueless bafoon he is on the radio???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

Only if I can remind him of what a c**p player he was and what a clueless bafoon he is on the radio???

[/quote]Smudger you don''t know what you are talking about! Neil adams was a great player for norwich down the wing. Also a great penalty taker, he never missed one!

[quote user="topoftheleague"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Smudger you don''t know what you are talking about! Neil adams was a great player for norwich down the wing. Also a great penalty taker, he never missed one![/quote]

He did miss one. Only one, mind.

Smudgers already got a use for his right hand...

as for Neil Adams.. a decent player in his day, and he missed 1 penalty.. vs Swansea in the coke cup

jas :)

I believe he has just finished his coaching badges...seriously!

He mentioned he was taking them a while ago on Radio Norfolk.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

as for Neil Adams.. a decent player in his day, and he missed 1 penalty.. vs Swansea in the coke cup

[/quote]

Sorry Smudger...but this was quite funny.......       [:)]

I don''t think a club of Norwich''s size should be used for new Managers to gain experience.

Surely the Conference and lower leagues are a proving ground for Managers of the Future.

They shouldn''t be paid big money in their first position as a club manager in the Championship!

I think that this is proving itself at the moment.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Sorry Smudger...but this was quite funny.......       [:)]

[/quote]

Yep I will give JAS that one... [:)]  Better than having a use for both of them!!! 

So he was a decent player was he???

How many goals did he score (excluding the penalties) and how many goals did he set up?

Oh and forgive my ignorance, but was he not also part of the team that got relegated from the Premier League???

Now you lovely old boys ,talking of penalty takers , the best penalty taker i ever saw for the City was Mike Kenning .I never saw him miss one .But perhaps you stats kings know better .

Mike would always run up and strike the ball with his right foot but on impact he would open his foot up to send the ball a foot inside the keeper left hand post , the keeper always diving to his right , it was like shelling pea''s to Mike . arrdee.

My grandad knew that 4-4-2 with two wide players getting down the wings, crossing quality balls into the box for the strikers to score was a great system. The central midfielders dictating the tempo and the defence stepping up together as a unit is great.....he was really clever at talking about it....Obvious stuff but would he make a good manager.......NO. Neil Adams is a commentator..NOT a Manager

maybe he woz a crap player, .though in one season he did score something like 16 goals, cud always score pens and more often than not got his crosses in time and again, so yeah wot a crap player, shame we dont have more crap players like him this season !

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]I think that whining nasal twang of his would soon bore the players to sleep. It certainly irritates me, anyway.[/quote]

Anyone else think he sounds like Matt Lucas''s "Yeah I know" character (Andy) from Little Britain.

We should call him Neil "Yeah I know" Adams or Neil "I want that one" Adams.

[quote user="the mitre"]maybe he woz a crap player, .though in one season he did score something like 16 goals, cud always score pens and more often than not got his crosses in time and again, so yeah wot a crap player, shame we dont have more crap players like him this season ![/quote]

You mean 13 goals?

Of which probably 90% were probably penalties...

1993/94-1998/99

Stoke:  1985-1986    Played  32    Scored  4  goals  (Division 2)

Transferred on 7/7/1986 for £150, 000

Everton:  1986-1987    Played  12    Scored  0  goals  (Division 1)
    1987-1988    Played  8    Scored  0  goals  (Division 1)
    1988-1989    Played  0    Scored  0  goals  (Division 1)

Oldham:  1988-1989    Played  9    Scored  0  goals  (Division 2)  (on  loan)

Transferred on 21/6/1989 for £100, 000

Oldham:  1989-1990    Played  27    Scored  4  goals  (Division 2)
    1990-1991    Played  31    Scored  6  goals  (Division 2)
    1991-1992    Played  26    Scored  4  goals  (Division 1)
    1992-1993    Played  32    Scored  9  goals  (Premiership)
    1993-1994    Played  13    Scored  0  goals  (Premiership)

Transferred on 17/2/1994 For £250, 000

Norwich:  1993-1994    Played  14    Scored  0  goals  (Premiership)
    1994-1995    Played  33    Scored  3  goals  (Premiership)
    1995-1996    Played  42    Scored  2  goals  (Division 1)
    1996-1997    Played  45    Scored  13  goals  (Division 1)
    1997-1998    Played  30    Scored  4  goals  (Division 1)
    1998-1999    Played  18    Scored  3  goals  (Division 1)

Free transfer to Oldham Athletic on 6/7/1999

On reflection of the above stats maybe I am being a little harsh on Neil... but a great player he certainly was not... very average maybe!!!

Neil Adams for manager... lol

He is telling us to "launch it" on the radio at the moment.... like they need any encouagement to do that!!!!  [:D]