Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

QPR- MAKE OR BREAK ?

CANARY TIM

Peter Grant says tonight`s match is just another game, true in normal circumstances.

But way off target in the present climate emnating from Carrow road and the local media.

Think about the following ;

No word of support from Delia or Michael.

Hucks " this is the worst squad since I have been here".

Messrs Waghorn and Lakey suggesting the manager may have "lost" the dressing room. 

It seems the Turners are waiting for something before they invest further in the team, what may that something be ?

Add to this an impending AGM and a 2 week break.

I like Peter Grant, if he fails here it will not be through a lack of hard work or enthusiasm but he is a rookie manager and some of his team selections with players carrying injuries (even illness) have  been ill advised at best. Forgive the pun.

I think I am right in saying Gary Docherty was a booking away from suspension in the Man City  game  so why play him anyway ?   

But a lot of this problem can be landed at the door of....  yes you`ve guessed it Nigel Worthington for paying players like Thorne et al too much money. ( Thorne allegedly took 3/4of a Million  pounds out of the club over two years at the club. Earnt is to strong a word.)

The club`s own accounts show where the money has gone over the last 2 years,  18 million in wages   wasted on dross and that ain`t Grant''s Fault. 

I also think more effort should have been made to keep Safri. We had no choice with Earnie and Dickson but losing them all has proved a bigger blow than the club thought it would.

Mick Dennis has written a good piece on Waghorn`s site saying he is worried about all the Scottish imports not being good enough, I was worried about this from the off, look what happened to Craig Levein  at Leicester when he went down a simmilar route.

I think tonights game has an immense importance as to Peter Grant`s future and a defeat could really set wheels in motion.

I hope not I want to see a great away win and to show the  Sky camera''s  that we are not c..p  so Granty play 2 wingers and  just go for it.

agreed, by looking at shacks comments like " we have to win"

if you dont win n grant still in charge next week then what message does that sound out

when shacks has said its must win game

adding extra pressure to grant is he? or trying to fire up the troops? you decide

Peter Taylor sacked from Palace.

One can only hope Grant will soon be following in his footsteps - tonight is most definitely is make or break for him, at least it should be. But we all know the board will keep him in the job and he will not walk - anyone with 2 and a half years left on their contract would be mad to do so.

I want Peter Grant to succeed Triumph in the face of adversity and all that... and i still wnt the club bought out... i fully beleive with the right Owners Grant will make us succesful...

Shacks is doign what a captain is meant to do.. and marshall the troops.. well done to him!

jas :)

[quote user="MightyYellows50"]Got to the stage where I couldnt care less [:(][/quote]

Careful....the next stage on from this is where Smudger and the rest of us are!    [;)]

It''s more a feeling of helplessness and knowing that nothing will change any time soon.......

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I want Peter Grant to succeed Triumph in the face of adversity and all that... and i still wnt the club bought out... i fully beleive with the right Owners Grant will make us succesful...

Shacks is doign what a captain is meant to do.. and marshall the troops.. well done to him!

jas :)

[/quote]

True Shacks is playing the Captains role, saying the right thing going into the game.

But i recon that Dion is the one in the changing room with the loudest voice (and biggest Kn*b) and pointing out the jobs to the lads on the pitch.

Give em hell Dion, they deserve a rollicking before they even set foot on the pitch, for the position in the league alone!

Both teams in a bit of turmoil at the moment, should be an interesting match! either that or a spineless 0-0 bore!

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="MightyYellows50"]Got to the stage where I couldnt care less [:(][/quote]

Careful....the next stage on from this is where Smudger and the rest of us are!    [;)]

It''s more a feeling of helplessness and knowing that nothing will change any time soon.......

[/quote]

lol Cluck I don''t care what anyone thinks, it''s how I feel, and honestly hand on heart, for the first time in all the donkeys years ive followed NCFC have I ever felt so, helpless, useless and donwright take the p**s out of by the board.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

So you are beyond the stage where you couldn''t care less and you still claim to be supporters.  Me personally, I do care, a lot.

Yes I''m a supporter, I support the players and the colours.  I cannot support the board, that makes me no less of a supporter than you, we paid for our season tickets long time ago.  Followed them up and down the Country over the years, and always rallied behind the ''TEAM'', supporter?  I think so.

If the board couldn''t care less, then why should I?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

So you are beyond the stage where you couldn''t care less and you still claim to be supporters.  Me personally, I do care, a lot.

[/quote]

One positive comes out of all this then....at least I don''t live next door to Dickydockdonkeydick.......

Dear me...what a whinger!   There is far more to life than simple black and white you know...as there are shades of grey to cover every aspect of human thinking.... It does however take understanding to see them....something obviously your blinkers prevent you from achieving.

[quote user="seahawk"]Both teams in a bit of turmoil at the moment, should be an interesting match! either that or a spineless 0-0 bore![/quote]

afraid its the latter...oh no, QPR have finally got a pen - Murray getting agricultural

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One positive comes out of all this then....at least I don''t live next door to Dickydockdonkeydick.......

Dear me...what a whinger!   There is far more to life than simple black and white you know...as there are shades of grey to cover every aspect of human thinking.... It does however take understanding to see them....something obviously your blinkers prevent you from achieving.

[/quote]

Where are you Cluck???

Having a sly snigger to yourself tonight hey???  [;)]

Maybe, just maybe a wind of change is about to blow through the corridors of Carrow Road?

Tonight''s result makes me the most hopeful that I have been in a long time!!!

Surely... Surely, the Percy Positives can''t start wheeling out excuses for this one???

The again you''re probably right... nothing will change!!!