Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

Your all time number 1

Its great news that Green has signed again, he`s a great keeper no doubt about it, but we`ve had some other great keepers over the years... Gunn, Woods, Keelen to name a few,
so who do you think was the best number 1 we`ve ever had,
Mine would be Keelen, i always thought that if he had played for a bigger team, he might have played for England.....

I can just about remember the days of Keelan, but for me the all-time NCFC keeper-legend has to be Gunny - for the man he was, the keeper he was and the part he played in our most ever successful side. The man oozes Norwich City...

As I can only draw on the last 20 years or so, I would have to go for Mr Norwich City Bryan Gunn as well. Although he did make a fair few mistakes! Anyone going to pick Mr Marshall?? I think not!!

Keelan is mine and he did play for England once, I think it was Ron Greenwood who put him in for a testimonial.

Roger Hansbury used to lodge at a schoolfriend''s grandmother''s house close to the city centre. I was too little to remember much about him other than my friend''s nan used to say he was a very clean and tidy young man...whatever that really meant!

Bryan Gunn is without a doubt the best goalkeeper Norwich has ever had.

Chris Woods comes in second for me, a great keeper and a really nice bloke too.

Looks like Keelans running away with it, i knew Gunn and Woods would be pushing him, but after all the hipe you lot have been giving Green, i`m amazed he has`nt got a mention.

Only those who never saw him in action are likely to vote for other than Kevin Keelan - he was so consistently amazing over many years.
Woods, Gunn, Green, Kennon - all excellent keepers, but still a level or two below Keelan.
OTBC

For me it has to be Keelan - he was years ahead of his time and unlucky to be keeping goal at the same time as banks then clemence and shilton.

Woods was consistent and ''would'' be higher in our affections if he had been at the club longer but we were very successful whilst he was with us and part of one of our best defensive units ever.

Greeno comes next - technically he gets better and better and rarely puts a foot wrong - he could go higher yet.

In fourth - and by no means disgraced in this company is Gunny - Mr NCFC makes up for his slightly less ability with his dedication and enthusiasm to the club - a club legend.

Worst keeper - Roger Hansbury figures high but Simon Tracey stand out a mile...

OTBC

personlly i go for andy marshall..............NOT

brian gunn for definit

but i do wonder what would happen if i did say andy marshall virtual beatings?, millions of viruses?, disowned by my own familly